X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 131 Nov 2nd - 8th

Well done Sally

I multitask everything - including sewing. I often have 3/4 projects on the go at once, all at different stages ... cutting, sewing strips, making blocks, sewing blocks together ......
    Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

Yes I do multi task when quilting in as much as I plan out everything I should be doing but as I am one of the worlds best procrastinators where the thought is actually better than the deed I stay put and carry on quilting......easypeasy. Lol

Comment

I guess I do. Only trouble is, sometimes I do something else and don't get back to the sewing right away! LOL!

Comment

Quilting requires my full focus. It is one of the few areas of my life where I do not multitask.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Congratulations Sally.

I can do laundry, sew and listen to music, does that qualify?
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Not only do I multi-task, I also add short cuts to my chores. I use the crock pot to cook dinner, cook easier meals, send my husband to the store for groceries (he also buys when I do that, leaving me more money to spend on quilting ). This time of year is especially challenging so it is multi-tasking and short cutting till Christmas!

Comment

I can't multi task when I sew or I'd mess something up. As I age my multi tasking skills seem to be weakening.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly F View Post
                  Hi there! Congrats Sallyosews!

Does eating Apple Puff, moving the cat, drinking a chai tea, moving the dog, watching a movie, moving the cat again, turning the iron on again, bagging up scraps, moving the cat again, letting the dog out, letting the dog in, sewing the block, pressing the block, sewing the block, moving the dog, pressing the block, face booking, texting hubby, and watching the M* forum count?
                  Kind of sounds like what I do, Kelly...this made me laugh!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I'm new to quilting so it's one task at a time for me or else I'll cut something wonky or sew the wrong things together, lol! I'm finding it's a kind of stress-free respite for me, too, which makes it all the better

Bunny

Comment

I just figured every woman multitasks when doing anything! I talk on the phone, text, fix supper, do laundry, watch tv, do the pee pee dance cause I don't want to take the time to go (lol), you name it.

Comment

Congratulations to SallyO'Sews! Yep I multi task even though I would like not to, something always comes up.
                        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

All the time. My attention span is about the same as a 2 year old, so I am always going from one thing to another.

Comment

I always prioritize and normally if there is no major priority then sewing it is

Comment

Some days I can multi task, and others I can't quite manage it. I try to stay focused when working on a quilt, less mistakes and frog sewing then.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats Sally,
                                I agree with all the others, sewing is multi tasking, sewing, ironing, cutting, and for me all that and a 5 month old grandson, who loves the sewing room. I think he likes the sound of the machine, he can cry and I take him in there, as soon as I turn on the light. He gets quiet. I love that he likes to listen to Nana sew.
                                Whether you think you can or you can't
                                YOU ARE RIGHT
                                Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X