X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 131 Nov 2nd - 8th

I really don't multi-task when sewing - I do chain piece though
    Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I thought everyone multi task while sewing. I have cookies baking and my sewing machine in the dining room sewing up strips during the baking process. Drives me dh nuts, but I always multi task. In my sewing room, I have my embroidery machine going with burp cloths or towels while I sew or press blocks together
      Last edited by deedum; November 3, 2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Congrats Sally. I do multitask alot as mothers and grandmothers we don't know any other way to get things done. Sometimes it doesn't work out well mainly involving burnt dinners and 1/4 seam allowances.
        sigpic
        Kathy Jones

Comment

Congratulations Sally!

Yes I would say I do multi-task while sewing because I always have a DVD going and usually I will stop and clean the house then come back and sew and then maybe start dinner then sew some more. Sometimes I just take a break to re-organize my sewing room or look through a magazine or Joann flyer.
          :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

Multi- tasking is my middle name!!! However, It now has to stop, because I almost burnt my house down last month. I was getting ready for week-end guest and decided to make Brownies. I put butter in a pan to melt. Ran down to my sewing room, ( forgot about the butter), did I little quilt piecing on one machine while Embroidery machine was also running, Oh, wait, Now I have to run in the Laundry room and take some bedding out of the washer to hang outside. - STILL NOT THINKING of the butter in the Pan. While outside my husband yells from across the yard, " are you cooking something, I can smell it out here!" OMG , the BUTTER.
            Ran in the house, full of smoke, did the one thing you should never do!!!! Pick up the pan and run with it- ok, now we have a flame in the pot, made it to the Patio put the pan down, NOW , WE DO the Second thing you should NEVER DO when you have a grease fire. Picked up the dogs water dish and threw it on the fire. It Blew me across the patio. God loves me, I only ended up with a first degree burn on my arm!!!! Moral of the story. Cooking and Sewing don't mix. Second Moral- Don't Cook, JUST SEW!!!!
            AlwaysInStitches :lol:

Comment

When I try to multi-task while sewing I make HUGE mistakes. Apparently my brain can't handle it. Even serious thought on something else causes disasters!
              sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Yeds I do multi task if at all possible. Maybe not so much since I had to sell my embroidery machine, but I can always squeeze in some other craft think like catching up on quilt videos.

Comment

The only multi-tasking I do is listening to music or an audible book, I just can't concentrate on more than that.

Comment

If sew, clean a little, sew, clean a little, sew, clean a little is multitasking then yes, I multitask LOL

Congrats Sally!
                    Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

Never. In fact, I sometimes go down the rabbit hole when sewing and forget to do other things, including eating, drinking, sleeping and restroom breaks, lol!
                      Joan, aka the Unaquilter

"I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma."

Learn more about me and my quilts at my blog:

http://debtofgratitude.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysinStitches View Post
                        Multi- tasking is my middle name!!! However, It now has to stop, because I almost burnt my house down last month. I was getting ready for week-end guest and decided to make Brownies. I put butter in a pan to melt. Ran down to my sewing room, ( forgot about the butter), did I little quilt piecing on one machine while Embroidery machine was also running, Oh, wait, Now I have to run in the Laundry room and take some bedding out of the washer to hang outside. - STILL NOT THINKING of the butter in the Pan. While outside my%forum.missouriquiltco.comss the yard, " are you cooking something, I can smell it out here!" OMG , the BUTTER.
                        Ran in the house, full of smoke, did the one thing you should never do!!!! Pick up the pan and run with it- ok, now we have a flame in the pot, made it to the Patio put the pan down, NOW , WE DO the Second thing you should NEVER DO when you have a grease fire. Picked up the dogs water dish and threw it on the fire. It Blew me across the patio. God loves me, I only ended up with a first degree burn on my arm!!!! Moral of the story. Cooking and Sewing don't mix. Second Moral- Don't Cook, JUST SEW!!!!
                        I know I can only enter once but I wrote my entry and then read this. . . I am laughing so hard right now - not funny I know! You have a way with words my dear!! I agree, don't cook JUST SEW!!!! LOL
                        Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

Yeah Sally!
                          I guess watching tv while quilting is multi-tasking, sort of. I usually just have it on for noise, if I really watched I would probably spend a lot of tome froggin!

Comment

I have to multitask while sewing/quilting or nothing would get done. Today I'm going to sew, do laundry and make bread (not all simultaneously). However, while the washer is going or the clothes are in the dryer, or the bread is raising, I'll be at my machine getting in a stitch or two.

Comment

I always multi-task while sewing....this is a busy house.

Comment

When I am sewing that is all I do. I love the quiet, relaxing, creative time I have, just for me! I am a nurse and I multitask everyday, so I cherish my sewing time, when I get it!
                                April

Comment

Working...
                                X