This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 131 Nov 2nd - 8th

Yeah Sally!! Please show us the cool stuff you pick out :-)

I am learning leaders and enders now to help multi-task with quilting. Maybe when I finish 2 quilts I will have most of a 3rd ready to join as well, hope this works! Can't multi-task with the rotary, that makes me very leery how much sharper than even our kitchen knives are - a good thing to really stop and focus on

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Don't really "multi-task", but the TV is on from the time I get up till the time I go to bed. So, when I quilt, the TV is on. Funny thing though, most the time I can't tell you what I just watched

Comment

My sewing studio is detached from the house, so I focus on sewing when I'm there. I do listen to the radio or t.v. while quilting, but that's all.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I'm afraid I feel like an example of extreme multi-tasking personality. (Is there such a thing?) I sew, watch TV, usually something on Netflix on the TV, Craftsy and / or YouTube on my laptop. Some of this while working and sewing. Conference calls offer a good hour or so to do several of these at the same time. It's rare that I can do one thing...although if you read the experts, humans cannot multi-task. From About.com "when you think you are multitasking you are actually switching your goals and turning the respective rules on and off in rapid succession."

Hmm, I guess I don't multi-task after all.
          Georgia
          My Pinterest Boards

Comment

I multi-task for just about everything, but sewing is one thing that requires my complete concentration or I'll mess up. I hate to rip out stitches so I wait until a time when I can be focused.
            Lori

Comment

Yeah for you Sally!

I can multi-task doing laundry, some cooking task while quilting but if I'm working on a very tedious project then the other stuff has to wait.

Comment

When I sew, that is it. Now if I could only get my sewing room back in shape. We had water in the basement and dear hubby just threw everything up and out of the way...but he didn't put it back and you know how hard it is to sew when your area looks like a bomb went off!

His comment is, "I didn't do it...I'll help you put it back." sigh
                Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Congratulations Sally, Have fun shopping. When my kids were younger, I always multitask I used to do laundry and cook dinner. Help them with their homework. The kids knew it was time for baths and teeth. I would still be doing laundry.
                  Now, I'm lucky I wake up. Those were the days I am so glad they are married and it's just DH and I.
                  Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

I do laundry when I'm sewing. Laundry room is next to my sewing space. I do embroidery on my embroidery machine when I sew. Lets see...I let the dogs in and out. I rearrange the cats (all 3) around my sewing machine. I talked to the parrots. I have the TV on so I can keep up with those Atlanta housewives and see what the superstars are designing on Project Runway. I also take frequent BR breaks....kidneys aren't what they used to be! Sometimes I even sneak in a snack or two between bobbin changes. So I guess I do multi-tasks. No wonder it takes me forever to complete something!

Hugs!
                    Debbie
                    Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth!

Comment

Can I do something else while sitting at the machine with the pedal down and the needle flying?
                      Yes. I do listen to audiobooks or help answer simple homework questions.

Do I carve out sewing time between other household chores? Yes. Start the laundry, sew for 45 minutes, change loads, sew. Cook/bake? Sometimes. Things that can be left on their own for a bit to simmer/stew/soak, I need to set a timer or I might forget and go over time.

If I have household chores that need doing, but I'd rather sew, I'll write the list of chores on the bathroom mirror in dry erase marker. I can listen to one cd or set x number of minutes on the timer, and then I have to go complete a chore, and then I get back to sewing. Hopefully by the end of the day, all of the chores are done and I made some progress on a project.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats Sally. Have fun shopping.
                        OMG, I am chuckling at this question. I usually do my chores before hibernating in my sewing room for the day, except I will start laundry and when it needs to be changed around, that is my time to take a 15 minute break from sewing and quilting. But after it is rotated or folded, I am right back to sewing again.
                        I like to have the radio or TV on just to have other noise in the empty house, but not really watching it.
                        But believe it or not just the other day, I was working on an embroidery project and thought to myself, hey, I have my smaller sewing machine in here too, I can work on my quilt while the embroidery is working. So believe it or not I was multi-tasking in my sewing room. It worked out okay, because both projects were pretty simple.
                        If I have complicated stuff I am doing, I don't think I will be doing that very often. But I am setting up my sewing room where I could work on 2 projects at a time if my little heart desires. Come December 1st and I may be doing it a lot. My goal for 2014....Start projects early so i can get many things accomplished.
                        Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

Congrats Sally. I don't multi task often when I am sewing. Like to keep my mind on what I am working on. Though sometimes that is easier said then done.

Barbara
                          Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congrats Sally! I can't really multi-task too much or I'll end up frogging and I really don't like that.
                            Karen

Comment

Congrats Sally. I'm a multi tasker but not when quilting. Once in a while I will turn on the radio but most times I'm just too focused.
                              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I try to multi-task, but not real good at it. Time management was never one of my strong suits. I usually try to do my laundry at the same time I sew.
                                Donna

Comment

Working...
                                X