This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 131 Nov 2nd - 15th

Congratulations to SallyO'Sews! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points!!

New question! Tell me if you ever multi-task while sewing!

There's always work to be done and I'm the queen of putting off till tomorrow what could be done today! But sometimes sewing is that thing... So... In order to get it all done, do you multi-task it or does it require a little more focus than that?

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; November 15, 2013, 01:08 PM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 131 Nov 2nd - 8th

For me, sewing/quilting is single-tasked. I multi-task in every other aspect of my life, and need to super focus when quilting for my safety and sanity.
    My quilting space is a multitasker though! Sewing at one end of the table, computer at the other end, in a small corner of my bedroom, and if I lean too far back, I might bonk my head on the treadmill hubby uses for rehab...

Comment

I'm too new to quilting, so I can't multi-task while sewing. However, I do think of all the things I might be doing (housework) if I weren't sewing. I guess 'thinking about the things I need to do' is the closest to multi-tasking as I can get.

Comment

I believe quilting is the only time I do not multi-task. I do quilt little pieces of time here and there as I am suppose to be getting ready for work or heading out the door. lol
        Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
        http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

Oh goodness.. I think most women multitask... especially if there are children or grandchildren involved. When I sew, I also watch dvr'd movies or tv shows, while dinner is cooking and chatting with my family..

Congrats Sally!

Comment

Congrats Sally!

Yep, I multi-task even when quilting. That is why I was able to complete a quilt in one day at the forum retreat, from purchase of fabrics to everything except the last part of hand binding.
            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

No I do not multi-task during my quilting time - - as quilting time is designed for my creative and relaxation time.
              bjsmith57

Comment

Congratulations, Sally! I multi-task when sewing. Week evenings I'm too tired after work, dinner, and dishes. On the weekend I have to multi-task or I'd never get quilting done. I signed up for a retreat this Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Just so I'd get a baby quilt finished before the baby is born.
                Dawn
                A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Way to go, Sally!

I usually do all my day's work first and then play the rest of the day. On occasion I will do laundry and quilt.
                  Bec

Comment

Congrats Sally!

I have to multitask - but am limited to drinking coffee and watching 90's TV on my computer while sewing. But that counts, right?
                    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

I often have a couple things going, laundry, supper, school assignments.......I work the quilting in between it all or I would never get to quilt.
                      Be blessed,
                      Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Comment

I often multi-task because of time restrictions but definitely prefer to finish all other tasks if possible to concentrate on sewing, I get much more accomplished this way.
                        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

That's a great question. I do have to concentrate while sewing or I start to make mistakes but I can listen to my books on tape and sew. Sometimes I do have to pause the tape and finish a particularly difficult sewing process. But...I usually just take a break to do other things like starting supper, checking my emails, cleaning the bathroom!!!!! (yuck!)...++++

Comment

Oh, the wonderful thought of being able to say no sounds like a dream. I multi-task no matter what I am doing and even while quilting I am paying attention to when I get an email from my husband from work (I have his set to make a special noise when the arrive), drinking my coffee, watching a movie or my shows I have DVR'd, and also paying attention to my Granddaughter when she wanders in to touch everything she can in my sewing room including the toys she has stored in my sewing room just for her.

Comment

I multitask or Id seldom get to my quilting!

Comment

Working...
                              X