This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 121 Aug 23rd - 30th

congrats to this weeks winner that last movie we went to watch was "The Smurfs" when it first came out my husband and I thought it was pretty good. we like childrens movies .

Comment

Congrats knitandtink! Have fun spending your points!

I just went out to a movie with a girlfriend tonight for the first time since I saw "Meet Joe Black"! My husband doesn't like to go to the show so this was a real treat.

Comment

Congratulations KnitandTink!!! The last movie I saw in the theater was "The Titanic" with Leo Dicaprio.. I don't like going to the movies, I like to relax and get into my pajamas and just chilling with hubby. He has a friend where he gets all his DVD's. He brings home popcorn and chips and dip.
        Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Wolverine for me. My hubby and I got on a movie kick this summer and saw one a week for about three weeks straight. I am not sure what got into us, we have never done that before. :-)
          Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
          http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

The last movie I went to see was the Croods with the family over Spring Break. Before that was a year ago Sunday, Hope Springs for my birthday present.

Comment

Whoo hooo Happy Shopping knitandtink!

gosh a movie theatre? My husbands 55th birthday present I took him to go see Pirates of the Caribbean! All I remember was the theatre had a Starbucks, I got free refills and stood outside a lot (the noise level is unacceptable!) hehe He loved it and we bought the DVD and watched at home again! He's now turning 65 so I'm with you -- Don't like to go out much.

Debbie
              Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Christmas of ????? We went to see "Marley and Me" - so whatever year that came out. 2009 - 2010? I don't remember.
                Donna

Comment

WTG knitandtink! Last movie??? um....I guess maybe it was the Hobbit

Comment

Corn-gratulations knitandtink!

Oh my goodness, the last time I actually went into a movie theater was in 2001 when I went to see Hannibal with my son. I'd say it's been a good while. I haven't even rented a movie for well over 5 years either. Hollywood isn't making any money off me, oh well.

Comment

It's been so long ago that I don't remember... Probably sometime in the last year, though.

Comment

I can't remember! Hubcaps has been sick, so we have been sticking pretty close to home. However, my mother-in-law & I went to the local "Greek Fest" this afternoon & watched the dancers. We also stuffed our faces! And, yes, m-i-l & I get along fabulously!

Comment

Originally posted by knitandtink View Post
                          I am so happy about winning today. I've never won anything before. Extra nice, since I've been up since 4.a.m. sick. Think it's under control. Haven't been able to sit up more than 2-3 minutes, but wanted to check my email and there it was - winner's notification!
                          Knitters will recognize my name as a knitting term. I have lots of yarn stashed, and am just beginning to quilt - so this will definitely work for me.
                          Way to go! Winning that is! I'm also a knitter-turned-quilter. I've been knitting since I was a kid (+40 yrs ago) and just started quilting a couple of yrs ago off&on. Doing more now as I have a bit more space & a swishy new machine. Need to get a second job for all the fabric I want!!

Comment

The last movie I saw in a theater was Anna Karenina about nine months ago. Gorgeous costumes, terrible movie.

Comment

I usually see a movie in the theater only once a year-and my annual trip was about 2 weeks ago. I went with my daughter and grandson to see Despicable Me 2--absolutely wonderful film!!!

Lisa

Comment

Congrats knitandtink! Two or three months ago I went to the theater to see was Identity Thief. It was a bit heavy on the F bombs but I laughed from the beginning til the end. One of the best gut busting laughs I have had in a long time. Even with the foul language who doesn't need a good hard laugh now and then. If yall haven't seen it and can handle the F-bomb you should rent it it is HILARIOUS!
                                Hugs from Ky
                                Rhonda
                                Last edited by RFREE; August 24, 2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X