This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 119 Aug 10th - 16th

Hi everyone! Congratulations going out to LynneLeavell! Woohoo! Lucky duck! You and you're happy thoughts get to share 1000 Quilters Cash Points!

My daughter was working on a crocheted Missouri Star key-fob this week and it got me thinking, I've never actually made a Missouri Star block... in any form. I'm feeling slightly ashamed. So I'm wondering if any of you have made a Missouri Star block. It's pictured in the company logo at the top of the page if you're wondering what it looks like. and oh my gosh I just had a fabulous idea! We should all make a Missouri Star block and send them in to make a quilt for the shop! Aaah! I'd love that!

So this week tell me if you've ever made one or if you'd like to make a block to contribute to a possible Missouri Star Quilt! We can start seeing how many people would want to send in blocks so we can figure sizes Fun!

To enter the game just hit the reply tothread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer thequestion! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will bechosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages causeI might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; August 10, 2013, 09:41 AM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 119 Aug 10th - 16th

I've never made one but I'd love to contribute to a group quilt. I tutorial for the block (and measurements for the pieces) would be great! Congratulations, Lynne!!!
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Congrats Lynne! I confess I have never made a Missouri Star block, but I think that making one for a group quilt would be fun!

Comment

Blush, blush. No, I've never made a Missouri Star, but I'm WILLING! Count me in.

BTW I have a reference book (849 Traditional Patchwork Patterns by Susan Winter Mills) that has a whole different pattern for a Missouri Star. Not to worry, though. A different reference book (1001 Patchwork Designs by Maggie Malone) includes both "your" Missouri Star and Ms. Mill's -- and a third variation to boot.

Interesting?
        Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I've never made one. I have to confess..I had not noticed it...I'm way to busy looking at all the other neat stuff!
          sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

I have never made a Missouri Star block before either, but count me in. Congrats Lynne!
            Grandma Laurie

Comment

Yes I have actually made one. We did it as a group on here for a wounded Missouri veteran. I would love to make on for the shop. Just need to finish healing, and need the size and colors you want.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Congrats Lynne!
                I've never made a Missouri Star block.........my "want to do" list gets longer every time I get on the computer!
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Congrats Lynne!

Yes, I've made a couple Missouri Star Blocks, in the same group that Marilyn was in. I'd be happy to make one for the store. If you decide to do it, the larger size blocks, that finish at 12" are easier. It's hard getting all the points right in the smaller blocks.
                  K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

I've never made a missouri star block, but count me in too!

I wonder if a quilt made from 50 state blocks (or however many once you add in territories, etc) would work as well? Are there 50 state quilt blocks?

Or an around the world quilt - Canada, Europe and Australia are well represented here!

And congrats Lynne!
                    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

Congratulations LynneLeavell!

I have never made that block but I want to. I realy like it.

I would very much like to make a block and send it to the shop for their very own forum quilt!

That would be so much fun!
                      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Have not made a Missouri star, but have done a few Ohio stars and they look somewhat similar. So I am game for making one and sending it in.

Lisa

Comment

I have never made a Missouri Star block but would love to make one for a group quilt.
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I've never made one but it sounds like a great idea. I would love to. It would be neat if everyone could put their name on their blocks.
                            sigpic

Love Is The Thread That Mends Worn Hearts

Sherry

Comment

Congratulations Lynne! I've never made a Missouri Star block but would be willing to give it a go for MSQC!
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X