This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

When my daughter was a little girl she asked me once why I didn't make quilts and I explained to her that I didn't know how, but I promised her that when she grew up and got married I would make her a quilt. My beautiful daughter, Mandy, got married on July 6th and I am proud to say that with the helpful guidance of my best friend and some tutorials from Jenny Doan, I made my first quilt and presented it to my daughter and son-in-law as a wedding gift.

Comment

I have a new long arm! My wonderful DH bought me an APQS Millenium for my "presents" this year (birthday, 20th anniv, Christmas, Mother's Day)....I won't be asking for a single thing more (maybe some bobbins or thread, lol). A very happy quilty summer!
      Piecing on Bernina 820
      Longarm quilting on APQS Millenium

Please visit me at
      My Blog "Peachy Pages".

sigpic

Comment

My happiest quilting moment was spending time with my six year old grandson while he laid out the squares for his quilt that I am making. Watching him arrange the colors and patterns was Priceless!

Comment

A happy moment that happened was I found my daughter snuggled up with her quilt that I made her about 6 years ago. It was a special moment because it shows me that she loves quilts just as much as I do. She has a lot of well, blankets and she loves her quilt the most. That's my girl!

Comment

My happy thought for the moment "Quilting is my Therapy". I'm blessed to have found this hobby and such good friends on this site.
            sigpic

Love Is The Thread That Mends Worn Hearts

Sherry

Comment

My happy project is my yellow, orange, and pink batik quilt made of large tumblers. I finished it earlier this summer, and it still makes me feel good all over to look at it.

Cyndy K

Comment

My first project was a t-shirt/memory quilt for my grandson made out of his fathers clothes. My happiest moment was when i saw how happy he was and wrapped up in it right away.
                :icon_crazy: Quilting is my therapy :icon_crazy:

Comment

I am happily putting together a baby quilt for my niece - she is expecting a girl
                  Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Any time I can sit down at my sewing machine and work on something and be productive is a happy time for me here lately.

Comment

I'm working on my first ever on-point quilt and it is looking GOOD!! Also, had one of my best days ever last week - went to the Long Beach Quilt Festival with hubby, then we headed over to Gladstone's and had a nice leisurely lunch outside overlooking the water. It was one of those "I'll always remember this day" kind of day!
                      - Phyllis :)

Comment

I will be celebration my wedding anniversary on the 12th of August. In Scotland were I grew up this is known as the glorious 12th and is the first day of the grouse shooting lol .My fabulous husband has bought me a brand new sewing machine a janome quilting companion .I feel like its Christmas everyday I sit down to quilt .A big Thank you to my husband for such an amazing anniversary present . Happy quilting everyone
                        love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Well, I have not one.....but 3 orders on their way to me next week from M*. Have them coming via my husband's business partner who is currently in the USA for 6 months. He is coming home next week to Australia for 1 week and is bringing my new play stuff with him. He has been really gracious in doing this for me, because I think I may have taken up about half of his travel baggage allowance. Can't wait to get it all!!! wooohhhoooo!!!! I have had to ring the girls at M* to make sure that t gets there before he leaves, and they have been so helpful. Makes a big difference when you don't have to pay for shipping - means you get to spend that money on more fabric instead.
                          HUGS,
                          Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

I smile when I give someone a quilt they are not expecting.

Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                            X