This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

returning to quilting and looking at my mystery quilt on the wall and feeling really proud that I did that!

Comment

Well, I am happy that I am secretly making two charm bags for two sweet little girls. I followed jennys tutorial along on here and printed the instructions. They are in much need of care as their daddy left them and the mom is my good friend! I ve already made each if the girls a pillow for their rooms. They are ages 12 and 5. The older one likes horses, while the younger one loves princesses! so, my heart continues to go out for them as they are also new to our community! The charm bag is such a easy thing for me, and I felt that each girl needed a small 'library book bag'. Please like my comment and be my friend on this forum. Thanks!
      :icon_wave::icon_hi:

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Comment

I talked to my daughter last night and she told me the wall hanging I made her makes her happy. She said every time she looks at it, she thinks of me. Made my heart feel good.

Comment

My latest happy quilting moment was last night. I finished quilting a small quilt on my own machine and I was so happy with the way it turned out, especially the back -- no puckers!
          My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

Oh happy day yesterday! I finished quilting a T-shirt quilt with my long arm. This was my first T-shirt quilt. It reminded me of having babies. All along I thought never again, and now that it is "born" I think it wasn't that bad....
            Have a Sewonderful Day,
            Mary T.

Comment

Congrats to both winners - well done! Have fun shopping.

I have lots of happy quilting moments - everytime I walk into my room I'm happy! But I guess there are 2 outstanding moments in my quilting life. The first was when I gave my daughter in law her quilt and got a very spontaneous hug and sincere thank you - that is a moment that will stay with me for a long time.

The second moment is ongoing - it's all the friends and companionship that I feel from this forum - and the special friendship I've made with my secret sister Shirley.

Comment

My happy quilting moments are when I show my daughter a completed quilt or a work in progress and my 2 1/2 year old grandson immediately wants to lay down on it for a snuggle, LOL. Of course he has all of the quilts I have made him on his bed and wants to take home everything he sees in my sewing room to add to his stash!

Comment

Congratulations to the winners.

I don't have a recent happy quilt moment because of all the work I have been doing around here. But my HAPPY THOUGHT would be...Daniel is coming home in a few days!!!!!! He has been gone since the end of May and it will be great having him home again. Even if it is only going to be for a few days then he has to go back to Michigan for the rest of the things they can't get on this load.
                  Donna
                  MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Just thinking of my sewing room makes me happy! Sometimes I just go in there to caress my fat quarters! LOL
                    See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

My happy moment was when I recently mailed off my sons quilt top to get quilted at the MSQC! My next happy moment is when I can find time to sew again since I've been hired as assistant manager at the thrift shop I work at now.
                      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congrats pcbatiks and memequilts! Sooo much fun to see familiar nicks winning.

I just joined my first ever mystery quilt and I'm really excited about it! I'm late joining so I try and squint when I go to the group page, least I will learn too much from the photos posted... But I confess to peeking.
                        ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

My happy thought is FINISHING my quilts! I am on a finishing spree right now!

Susan
                          ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

I'm happy that I have a ton of projects to do this week, and all of them are completely different. No boredom for me

Comment

Congratulations you two. WOOHOO!!

I was thrilled to finally finish the dresden plate quilt I am making for my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas. It is hand quilted and I want to enter it in the our fair this year. This is a big deal for me.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Whoo Hoo...finally found a pattern that is going to work with my Berenstein Bear jelly roll! That is GOOD news.

Dee

Comment

Working...
                                X