This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

Congratulations to pcbatiks and memequilts!

My most recent happy quilting moment resulted from my guild's charm square swap and a workshop presented by Pat Speth. I managed to assemble one of Pat's "South Dakota Star" blocks (correctly) and the points matched up. Anytime I can get my triangles to look right is a happy moment.

Comment

Anytime I can do anything quilt related. It makes me go to my happy place.
      sigpic
      Kathy Jones

Comment

Congrats to pcbatiks and memequilts!

I recently was hit with the stockpiling of fabric bug and since I started a couple months ago I can't resist looking for great buys and purchasing items for my stash and next projects. Well, during that time and a couple estate sale purchases later, I had totes stacked in the living room and our bedroom, plus a huge table w/ my machine setup in our small living room. My husband was patient but I could tell it was getting the better of him and I kept saying I need a sewing room.

Soooo.......my happy moment was a couple weeks ago when my husband said for me to clean out the porch (built on area of our house that we built years ago to get inside access to our basement) and I could use that as my sewing room. I don't know really what to call it because it's not really a porch but it's more of a mud room I would say because we use it is on the end of the house w/ a built on covered porch and a sliding door so that when people come in/out they can take off their shoes without tracking into the house.....and it has held my husband/sons deer trophies, a large aquarium, my rolltop desk, entertainment stand and other clutter that we didn't want in the main house. I cleaned out all the clutter and threw a lot of stuff away, and took all my sewing items down there and re-organized my stash into totes by color and set everything up on the entertainment stand. Now I have my very own sewing room. It's not pretty since I tore out the old carpet and now it's just concrete but my husband started laying tile by the doors and then he's going to put wood flooring down on the rest before winter arrives. Yay!
        :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

Great going, Pam and Pat - don't spend all your points on anything you don't NEED . . .

One of my best sewing experience moments occurred just last evening when my 8YO DGD Emily stood up at 'show and tell' during our local quilt guild meeting and passed along about 75 dinner napkins she had made for a charity the guild taken on. The napkins will be going to a local VA home for resident use. I am so proud of her!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I finished a quilt I started last fall for my friend. That made me happy to scratch one project off my verrrryyyy looonnnggggg list.
            Donna

Comment

It was a happy thought when I saw my granddaughter playing on the quilt I made for her first birthday.

Comment

Got my new sewing cabinet over the weekend, can't wait to get my machine insert and get to free motion quilting again. Also my guild is meeting again on Wednesday after not meeting last month, can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!

Comment

Happy quilting moment - seeing fabriclovr's reaction to getting her block in the mail! I loved making it, and loved giving it as a surprise, and love that she loves it!
                  Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

I'm finally sewing again after 4 years of drought! I'm loving it - completed a rag quilt for my expected granddaughter (Nov 10), and working on another quilt now....

Comment

My happy moment recently was being notified that I had won a few giveaways I had entered. The one that made me super excited was to find that I had one a copy of the Gooseberry Patch book, Stitching for the Kitchen! That looks like an awesome book so I cannot wait to get that one in my hands. Another win was from the Christmas in July Blog hop at "Sew in Love with Fabric" blog which is the name of the Benartex Fabrics website. Super excited to see what I have won. This part of the hop was from their facebook page and it didn't say what this prize would be so it's a mystery but I'm sure it's going to be beautiful Christmas fabrics. yay. You can never have too many Christmas fabrics.

Comment

Congrats pcbatiks & memequilts! My happy moment was when we went to M* last week and I got to meet Jenny and her family and team.
                        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

My happiest quilting moment was when I finished the very first freemotion quilting pass on my very first quilt! It was all such a scary concept until I just stopped thinking and did it. Such an amazing feeling! I had never sewn before so attempting to quilt was so foreign to me. I am happy to say that after 3 months I have completed 6 quilts and one giant tote bag

Comment

I was so happy that I managed to get my Grand Sons Sponge Bob quilt done for his birthday before my surgery. It was a real push to get it done. I will probably end up changing the binding though.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations to pcbatiks & memequilts! My happiest quilting moment was Shape Cut Plus ruler.
                              Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Two of my son's classmates (20 years old) picked up their t-shirt quilts we made together. I taught the girls how to sew and then I finished the quilts for them. It was so much fun seeing them sit behind a sewing machine. I love teaching how to sew.
                                Robin
                                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Working...
                                X