This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

Congratulations to the winners.... My happy moment right now is my oldest son is home for a couple weeks before heading back to college in Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by VickiJ View Post
      Well - I actually have a happy quilty moment to report! After months of trying to get my sister interested in my quilting obess..um, projects and constantly being told "nah" - I finally got her to check out Jenny's zigzag table runner tutorial and I showed her the charm packs I bought to try it out.

Lo and behold, she has decided that if THAT is quilting - it actually looks like fun and maybe she would try one too! Duh.

I guess when she thought of quilting her mind immediately went to 90 year old ladies sitting in rocking chairs back in the 1800's in a Little House on The Prairie near Walton's Mountain or something hand-sewing scraps of everyone's old clothes together to make a blanket before the big frost!

Sheesh - I mean, she really should know ME better than that even if she had no idea about quilting. Anyway - I also showed her a beautiful quilt from the Quilting Quickly magazine that I want to try and she said, "wow, do you really think we could make that?" I let it slide like I didn't notice the "we" in there - I just said, "of course - it's a Disappearing 9 Patch - Jenny did a tutorial on that too."

Hahahaha - pretty soon I'll have my very own little quilting guild.
      Many years ago I also tried to get my sister interested in sewing to no avail. Now she helped me get to Hawaii just so she could learn!!! How's that for HAPPY!!!!!
      ~Kathy~

Comment

Congrats to both winners.

I'm very happy with how my "Serenity" quilt came out and especially the way everyone seems to feel when they see it...calm. That's exactly what I was going for. I love when a plan comes together; not that often for me.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Congratulations to the winners! My happy quilt moment was last week. I told my daughter to choose a fabric line for a quilt for her. She liked the Day For Night, but the green apparently made her wretch. Everything I own is green or pink, so I think she OD'd on those colors. So...I purchased a bunch of the yardage and some royal blues to accent. When I showed them to her she said "Mommy, they're beautiful." She's 25 and hasn't called me mommy since she wanted me to drive her to the mall.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I used to be a non-sewer until last November. I always loved country patchwork quilts. They were always for sale in the old country stores or craft fairs. The man I married in January 2012, lives on a 100 year old farm with a long history of quilters. His Mom, his Grandmom and his Great Grandmom all quilted. I told his Mom I wanted her to teach me for Christmas. We started with placemats for my Mom. Then I found Jenny on youtube for M*. I watched a few videos, and using the guidance from my MIL I quilted an Americana themed wall hanging for my husband for Christmas. I was so happy and proud.
            :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

Happy Quilty moment is any moment I get to spend with my best quilting buddy Judy, sewing, quilting, retreat, or just shopping.

Comment

Congratulations to pcbatiks & memequilts!

I have a happy thought/feeling every time I work on a quilt...especially when I'm making it for someone else.
                Bec

Comment

My most recent happy quilting moment was a few days ago. My Granddaughter Kora was over and after dinner which she at on the floor of my sewing room because it is her favorite room in Grammy's house we spent over an hour picking fabric for the floor puppy quilt for her 5 month old sister. Actually I sat in a chair and kept saying over and over, a dark, a medium and a light. She had the best time just deciding what colors to make the puppies and then choosing the 3 fabrics for each on. Then there was the sashing and border fabric to choose. It was an awesome evening while the boys were killing zombies on the xbox in the other room.
                  Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Mine is every time I master a new technique

Comment

Last week was my first time FMQ and guess what...the firsts day everything went well, but the second was a totally different story. I quilted my finger three times!!! I never thought that could actually happen. I didn't end up finishing my quilt ( I have pretty much sworn off trying to FMQ for a while. Here is the great news... When browsing through Craigslist I found a Little Gracie 2 quilting frame! I ended up getting the frame for 150 bucks!!! I am on cloud nine.

Comment

i have not had anyone to share quilting with for years,but now one of my friends wants to get together at least once a week and start quilting.i have so much fabric that i have bought and not used and now i will have someone to share it with. i don't do great without company.
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I've met so many nice women since I started quilting. I am happy just thinking of it. I think quilters are some of the most kind and generous poeple.

Comment

I don't know if I can pin it down to one moment, but it's whenever I give a quilt to someone and I see the joy and excitement in their face. Making people happy gives me great pleasure! : )
                            :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Congratulations to pcbatiks & memequilts! Happy shopping!
                              Anytime I am able( for one reason or another) to quilt is not just a happy day but a wonderful one. But I have to say I'm very happy for this forum and M*'s tutorials for always being here! You post help and you get it!!!
                              Melissa Greenfield :icon_wave: Crafty Quilty Mimi

Comment

Here in the Northeast, a sunny day is a happy day lately! We had two beautiful days, Sunday and Monday, that were gorgeous. Brought big smiles to my face.

Comment

Working...
                                X