This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

My best moment was when the quilt bug bit me! You see, I had asked the quilting group at church to make a prayer quilt for my terminally ill dad. The leader, a former Home Ec. teacher, 80 year old wonderful woman said "Yes, on one condition, that you come to our group and give quilting a try." I agreed and the rest is history. We no longer attend that church as we've moved but I will always be grateful for the push to "give it a try."

Comment

I've only been quilting for about 6 months, but the happiest moment was when I FINALLY finished my 1st quilt after 4 long months. It's far from perfect, but I did it all by myself with my 2 little hands. It's so comfy too!

Comment

Way to go pcbatiks & memequilts!! Enjoy shopping for great fabrics that would make me happy :-)

Oh my recently finished quilt Cowboy Camping got finished and the retired marine and his wife will pick it up Friday *phew* just in time! To get that off my table really made me happy as I'm in FabricLover's mystery quilt and can now move onto the next lovely quilt!

Vicki - I got a big happy laugh when you and your sister were thinking of the Walton mountain and old ladies in their rocking chairs LMBO Yes, you'll have a great quilting guild soon!

Enjoy
        Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Hmm, I was pretty darn happy when I got my Swirl jelly roll in the mail this weekend. I spent my 1000 quilters point winnings on that, so it was like getting it on a super sale!

Congrats to the winners and have fun shopping!
          K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Congrats to pcbatiks and memequilts!!!

My happy moment was yesterday when I had enough backing fabric to back both my sunflower projects , now to finish up the quilting and get them bound.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've had my baby and can actually fit in front of my sewing machine again! I only got 10 minutes in, but it was so relaxing.

Comment

When my oldest son was in the hospital, Robyn sent me a hexi kit. I have been loving it. It had drawn me out of my sewing/computer area to watch movies with my family. I have so enjoyed coming up with a design for the hexi to turn into a table runner.
                Be blessed,
                Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Comment

My LAQer, Reggie, dropped in on me last Sunday and brought my Dresden Plate quilt she had just finished for me. It was hot off the long arm!! I was so surprised and thrilled to get it back so soon...and she did a fabulous job with it! Thanks, Reggie!!!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Congrats to the winners!!!

We'll for me my trip to Ireland was happyfun full of adventure..but I have not quilted in a month...not motivated at all...
                    These things, I warmly wish for you-
                    Someone to love, some work to do,
                    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                    `*.¸.*´
                    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

I feel so good...like I have accomplished something finally. I finished two quilts, one quilt top, and sold one quilt this week and I feel so good about myself right now. The enthusiasm is running high now and I have started to work on another quilt that has been sitting waiting for my attention......
                      Alana
                      To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                      alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

My happy moment recently was when my daughter decided to learn to quilt. She just finished her 3rd quilt and it is a beauty. She sews beautifully and her quilt blocks are so precise and well made. Very proud of her.

Comment

Happy thoughts abound whenever I think about getting together with my Quilting BFF's we don't even have to be quilting, just talking about it is good enough.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

After almost 2 years of unemployment-I got a job!!! I start tomorrow.

Comment

When I get frustrated with a project taking too long, I remember that every quilt gets finished one stitch at a time.
                              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

My happy quilting moment this week was when I received my circle template and special rotary cutter so I can make the cheery o quilt. I don't know why but I'm really drawn to that pattern. Now to find the perfect fabric

Congrats to both winners!
                                Dawn
                                A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X