X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

Greetings from Hot & Humid Oklahoma!
    Is this where I enter for the free give-away? Not really computer literate, but I do handle a needle and sewing machine pretty well. Just finishing up a scrap quilt---getting back soon to a hand-quilting Baltimore Album quilt. Hope I live long enough to finish it Very familiar with website of MSQC but just found the forums....wheee.....here I go!

Comment

I recently picked up some good quilting tips from a craftsy class that I purchased. I hesitated buying it because I didn't know if it would be worthwhile, but it definitely was worth every penny.

Comment

Congratulations to the winners!
        I love reading everyones responses... My most recent happy moment was last week. Our LQS had a blow out sale and hundreds of bolts were $3/yd. I. Went. Nuts. Needless to say, I have enough fabric to keep me quilting for a loooong time!

Comment

AM I IMPRESSES!!! in one summer!!! you go girl....you certainly have and I would bet you certainly will!

Comment

Happy thought....well I got a friend flying in from Texas next weekend and cannot wait to give her the tote and zippered pouch I made her. She loves turtles so I added a turtle button on the tote and appliqued a turtle on the zippered pouch. Also have family coming for a visit the Friday.............have not seen them since 2006!!!

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

Congratulations to both winners!

I went to JoAnn's on Saturday, but "only to get some fusible interfacing." I know, famous last words, right? ESPECIALLY since I also had a coupon for 25% off my entire order!! Well, I had my 16-yr-old daughter with me. This would be the one who HATES fabric stores, because I always take for-EV-er in there. Well, she saw some fabric that she really loved in exactly the color combination she wants in her room. Then we spent an hour discussing, comparing, and looking at the price of other fabrics to go with that one. Came home with 3 different fabrics.

Best part? While we're in line at check-out, she says, "Wow, Mom; I totally get why it takes you so long in here!" WIN!!

Comment

Sewing, piecing quilt tops, happy - all in the same category for me. When I am putting the pieces together and finally see the design come together as it should - cannot do anything else but smile. Reading this forum also put a huge happy smile on my face - to read from all the most fabulous happy people is great!
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Congratulations Pam and memequilts!

Happy event....I retired last week and now I have more time to sew on quilts. One of my retirement gifts was a gift card to my favorite local fabric shop so I have more happy moments coming when I use it!
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

With my luck, I was probably the winner the week you lost all of the info. I ordered a new sewing machine that I was supposed to get in 3 days and then found out I have to wait an entire month to get it. See what I mean? In the meantime I decided to finish some UFOs from last year, SOOOOOOOOO, My latest happy moment was getting three little stars finished for a Christmas table runner and all the points were pretty sharp! Yay!
                    :icon_wave: Linda
                    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

My happiest recent moment was when my daughter realized she had an 1/4 inch foot for her (hardly used) sewing machine. She squealed with delight that she can now start her own quilting projects!!! I tried for years to get her interested in sewing and now at 23 I think we might be getting somewhere!! Yeah!

Comment

Happy Moment comes when I take a finished quilt from the washer & dryer and it is still intact. I finished 2 PICU quilts for Marilyn's group this week and those "endings" were my Happy Moment!!
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

As I get ready to head back to another school year, I look back at my summer quilting. I just started this summer and I have made 5 quilts and am working on 2 others, 1 tote bag, 1 large bag to carry my cutting board and supplies to class, and 6 Halloween totes. I am going to miss having all this time to quilt!

Oh yeah and don't know how I could forget my 2 wall hanging. One for fall and one for Halloween.

Comment

Any time in my quilt cave is a happy time. Even more so when what ever I'm doing turns out successful!!
                            sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

I recently purchased a jelly roll and was so excited to get it, but I had two people I wanted to make a quilt for and couldn't decide which person because they are both very important to me. I couldn't afford another jelly roll. After I sewed all the blocks together and started laying them out, i got the idea I had enough blocks to make two lap size quilts! Now I can give one to each person. It was my little personal victory to be able to figure that out.

Comment

My recent Happy Moment was when the2013 UFO group pulled number 8 this month. I have been itching to get to that project!
                                Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                                X