This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

Congratulations to pcbatiks & memequilts! You've both won 1000 Quilters Cash Points!

Just so you know I swear I did a new giveaway at the 20-whatever of July when the last one was supposed to end. I remember reading it and writing it and choosing a winner etc. I have no idea what happened. A button didn't get pushed somewhere, or lots of buttons didn't get pushed, but most likely a child came and desperately needed my attention in that very moment or the whole world would explode, or at least their bedroom or brother or something. Anyway, I decided two winners would help make up for my crazies. All five of them.

After two long weeks of quilting woes, it's time for some happy! Tell me a happy quilty thought, project, pattern, moment, or anything else happy that has occurred to you recently! Anything as long as there are no exploding brothers or other household items.

Thanks everyone for playing along! Have fun!

To enter the game just hit the reply tothread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer thequestion! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will bechosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000Quilters Cash Points! Then watch your private messages causeI might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 118 Aug 5th - 9th

I was trying to figure out a block on an antique quilt to replicate it and couldn't figure it out. Lucky for me someone here put a link up that took me exactly where I needed to go to learn my block.
    Happy person, here.
    Thanks so much for your forum with all the wonderful help provided by my quilty sisters.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

Well - I actually have a happy quilty moment to report! After months of trying to get my sister interested in my quilting obess..um, projects and constantly being told "nah" - I finally got her to check out Jenny's zigzag table runner tutorial and I showed her the charm packs I bought to try it out.

Lo and behold, she has decided that if THAT is quilting - it actually looks like fun and maybe she would try one too! Duh.

I guess when she thought of quilting her mind immediately went to 90 year old ladies sitting in rocking chairs back in the 1800's in a Little House on The Prairie near Walton's Mountain or something hand-sewing scraps of everyone's old clothes together to make a blanket before the big frost!

Sheesh - I mean, she really should know ME better than that even if she had no idea about quilting. Anyway - I also showed her a beautiful quilt from the Quilting Quickly magazine that I want to try and she said, "wow, do you really think we could make that?" I let it slide like I didn't notice the "we" in there - I just said, "of course - it's a Disappearing 9 Patch - Jenny did a tutorial on that too."

Hahahaha - pretty soon I'll have my very own little quilting guild.
      Vicki
      Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Congrats to pcbatiks and memequilts!!!
        When I can get into the sewing room it always makes me happy...
        I am looking forward to a couple days away with my dh...going to my favorite places (fabric stores) near and around Berlin, Ohio...I am so excited!!! When I return I want to layer a small quilt top I made last winter before my surgery...
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

It sounds "sappy" - but my happy moment this week was finding this site and meeting new friends. I LOVE all the inspiration I have gotten from reading, and reading and reading . . . LOL!!

Comment

Everytime I finish piecing and stitching a top completely-I get such a rush!!!! However, right now I am putting together the mystery quilt Fabriclvr has organized and finding so much joy in the process-it's a very different layout-on point assembly. I love the challenge and cannot wait to finish!!!

Lisa

Comment

Congratulations to our winners! Shop, shop, shop!

My happy quilting moment was completing a Missouri Star block with all points intact! It's been a journey for me from May, 2011 when I first found the store on line while searching for the pattern for the star, and then finding the store and Jenny inside when I was driving to Des Moines to visit my son. Now, I can do the star block, just need to keep practicing and making more blocks!

Comment

the day I got my first quilt top sewn together and it was right! I didn't have to rip out anything or redo anything! such a great feeling!

Comment

Recent happy moment.....um....I guess it's when I start with an idea of what I think want to to design and days later I come across the perfect quilt pattern! Joy, Joy!!!!! This exact thing happened yesterday, but the sad part? I have to do a little ripping of seams to recreate what I've already started...bummer!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I went to my dear friends 50th birthday party and of course gave her a quilt. But I was only able to get the top finished in time, so I had to take it back but promised her I would have it quilted by her next birthday. We all laughted, they all know how many project I work on at a time.

Comment

I have lots of happy moments everyday. One happy day that I am looking forward to is my first quilt retreat. Our little sewing group (which seems to be growing each month) is going on our first quilt retreat over Labor Day weekend. We are all very excited and happy.
                      Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
                      http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

Congratulations to both of you! Have fun shopping!
                        I am working on my granddaughters room at the moment. I will be making curtains and a quilt to match. I will also be sewing up some other blankets from Jenny's tutorials. I'm really having lots of fun doing this project.
                        Cil
                        A quilt is a blanket of love
                        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

My recent happy moment was a huge family wedding this past weekend. My family hasn't had a wedding in over 5 years and this weekend my dad's great-nephew got married. It was so nice to see all of my dad's side of the family, even some out-of-towners. Had a great time.

Comment

Thank you for the Quilter's Cash Points..........and congrats to memequilts too!

I guess my most recent happy quilt thought would be..........when the idea for my aunt's quilt just came to me. Late last year my mom commented about my aunt making reference to the flowers that my grandma always had growing around the house......they were amaryllis. We all called them "Grandma Flowers" including my aunt. As soon as my mom said I thought.....I'm making her a quilt with those flowers. From there the idea started brewing and that is what I am now working on. Can't wait to see it finished!
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

As I get ready to head back to another school year, I look back at my summer quilting. I just started this summer and I have made 5 quilts and am working on 2 others, 1 tote bag, 1 large bag to carry my cutting board and supplies to class, and 6 Halloween totes. I am going to miss having all this time to quilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X