This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 8 - Feb. 26, 2011

Congratulations to marybeth! Random.org chose you won to win the Stars Aligned - Strip Club Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs Mary beth is a first time poster and I'm super excited for you! I laughed out loud when when I read her post that's the way I plan projects so I was very excited to see your number come up in the generator!

I've heard some good comments about the changes to the giveaway and I have one more that I hope you'll enjoy Instead of a pre-selected prize that you may or may not have, want, or even like, we will now be giving away 500 Quilters Cash points every week to use towards whatever you choose from the Missouri Star Quilt Company! So now you'll have the opportunity to win Free money for Free fabric! I'm super excited kinda can't stop grinning about it. I love quilters cash! It's guilt free shopping!

So to enter the first ever weekly Quilters Cash giveaway respond to this post and tell me if you've given away a quilt or quilted project to anyone, yourself included sometimes I have to give myself a gift and what's better than a quilt I made for me! That's actually pretty unusual! So, tell me if you've given one away and why that person was the lucky first recipient!

Best of luck! See ya round the shop!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 8 - Feb. 26, 2011

I haven't quite finished my first quilt but it is already promised to my DH (that way I can use it too )

Comment

My very first quilt (which I didn't take a picture of, shame on me) was a basket pattern and 100% handmade, including the piecing. Gave it to my Mother, since she makes real baskets and I thought she'd like the motif.

Congrats to Mary Beth!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Congrats Mary Beth...... I know you will enjoy your pattern.

My first quilt is being quilted (professionally) as we speak and it's a secret .... so shhhhh don't tell anyone .....but it's a birthday present for my wonderful husband.

I'm excited by the quilters cash.

Hugs
        Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I have given away ALL of the quilts I have made. I make wall hangings for me. I belong to Project Linus and make quilts for our chapter to distribute. The most ambitious quilt I have made was an 'I Spy' for one of my grands. I machine embroidered ALL of the items to search on the border, 80 blocks included more than 100 'things' to spy. Enjoy your site

Comment

Congrats to marybeth!

I gave myself the gift of the last quilt I hand quilted! I didn't make it with myself in mind, in fact it is a small lap quilt made for a child with kind of kiddie fabric, but when I got my new sewing machine and started machine quilting I realized how much faster it was. Now I just can't give this one away because it might be the last one I ever quilt by hand. I sometimes curl up on the bed on a Sunday afternoon and take a little siesta under my special quilt!

Patti
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Congratulations, marybeth!!! Enjoy your MSQC prize!!

Funny this question comes up today. Yesterday I delivered the most beautiful quilt I have ever made - an actual quilt at that - not just a lap sized one. My one and only daughter, Lara, and her husband Donald, were the recipients and they ooohed and aaahed over it. It did make me feel better when I got a call from them this morning telling me it sure was cozy to sleep under.

I've made many baby quilts and given them all away. The only quilt I have kept for myself is one made from men's neckties.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have only made 1 large quilt and I kept it for myself since I taught myself made lots of mistakes but learned from them all. I am very very proud of that quilt since it is my first so it stays with me. I have made 3 baby quilts and gave all of those to friends. Now I am working on making a queen size quilt for each of my daughters (I have 3) I have 1 top finished and working on the second. I am planning on hand quilting each one. We will see how that goes. Wish me luck, guys......lol.

Monica
                :icon_wave:Monica

Comment

I just finished one for my daughter that I've been meaning to put up a photo of. I just got done fm quilting all but the outside border. I made it after watching Jenny's tutorial. It was so much fun, it's not perfect but I know she will love it.

Comment

I am finishing up 8 wonky quilt mug rugs for hubby to take to work and share.

Comment

Congratulations Mary Beth! Prizes are fun, aren't they!

Ooooh - such a hard question to answer. I've been quilting for 15 years and have given many away. To one sister who had a gall bladder attack - they waited too long to take it out and the stones hit her pancreas throwing her into a 20% chance of survival -YES - she made it!; one for my other sister who got whacked in the mouth from an accident at her work and went through many dental procedures to look normal again; one to a cousin with cancer; one to another cousin for lung problems; one to a son's friend with leukemia; one to Dad to remind him of his roots in Maine; among many others. I have kept a large scrappy heart quilt, various scrappy block swap quilts, and lots of table runners and wall hangings. There are Soooooo many more to make!

Quilters Cash! HOOO-EEEEE! That sounds wonderful as a prize!

Hugs,
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congratulations Mary Beth!!
                        I love the idea of Quilter's Cash...glad y'all thought of it!! MSQC Just keeps getting better and better!!

My very first quilt I kept...(throw size red, white and blue stripes I made from practicing my 1/4" seams)

The first quilt I gave away was to my Grand daughter when she was less than a year old. I made her a crib size rail fence quilt in green and pink florals.

When she visits Grammy's house, she uses the red white and blue quilt and makes sure to tell everyone its hers. So, by default, I guess I gave that one away too! LOL
                        ~Mary
                        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

My first quilt was an eight pointed star. I had started it for my mother, but then she got ill and died before I got it finished. It got put away for a while and I eventually brought it back out, finished it and gave it to my oldest son for a wedding gift.

Monique
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

The first quilt I ever made was a gingham baby quilt for my new daughter (who's now 39). I still have it somewhere.
                            Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

My first quilt was a T-shirt quilt for my husband and he uses every evening when it is cold!

Dianne Sanders

Comment

Working...
                              X