This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 116 July 13th - 19th

Congratulations to Auntpiggylpn! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points! She's got her eye on fabric, fabric, and more fabric! So, go have fun, you've got some shopping in your future!

I'm watching some great vintage musicals today and I'm wondering what kind of vintage sewing we've done! Now vintage in this sense is relative tell me what your first sewing project or quilt block was.

Woohoo! I love a little memory lane! So, think back and send us some vintage love!

To enter the game just hit the reply tothread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer thequestion! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will bechosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages causeI might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 116 July 13th - 19th

Have fun shopping Auntpiggylpn! My first sewing project goes way back 41 years ago to when I was 8 years old. I would get into my grandma's fabric and cut out halter tops and the straps and sew them by hand. I even made casings for the straps. I thought I was the hit and oh so smart for cutting without a pattern.
    Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

Congrats Auntpiggylyn! My first sewing project was embroidery on pillowcases, then I began sewing clothes.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I started sewing in 4H ( about 8yrs old). I got a little Singer machine for Christmas (mom had the big one) and made my own Barbie clothes...had the best dressed Barbie at my school!!
        sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

I embroidered on pillowcases as a child; my first quilt block was embroidered flowers and leaves (I was in HS at the time and did about half of the blocks and got too busy to finish them) My mom finished the rest of the blocks over the years, and now I still have them. They are in fine condition, so I am going to sash the blocks and finally make a quilt out of them. Its only been about 50 years or so in the making. LOL!
          :icon_wave: Linda
          "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Congratulations Auntpiggylpn!! I bought a basic singer sewing machine when I was a teenager and my first project (I was in way over my head with sleeves and buttonholes!) was a christening gown for my nephew. It was slow going and took a long time but it did look cute when it was finished. I was devastated when we went to put it on him and the opening wasn't big enough to go over his head (he was 10+ pounds when he was born) so we had to cut the opening a bit to make the head opening larger. I didn't sew anything for a long time after that
            Dawn
            A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

My first quilt block as a kid was the 9 patch.
              K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Congrats auntypiggylpn. How far back do we want to go. I crocheted around wash cloths with my grandma when I was about 7. I don't know when I first embroidered pillowcases and doillies. It seems like I have always known how to do that. Made my first quilt when I was 22. Huge, heavy thing that my mom helped me tie.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity to have a flashback. When I was 7 I got a toy hand crank, chain stitch sewing machine, along with fabric panels printed with Barbie clothes. Kind of like paper dolls with cloth.
                  My friends call me Peggy
                  The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I started sewing at 5 years old. At that time I made doll clothes for my baby dolls with moms help, she would pin for me and I would sew the seam. Such memories. I have made stuffed animals, doll clothes, clothes for myself, mom, aunts , boyfriends, husbands, kids and now into quilting.Also crocheted around hand embroidered dresser scraves and doilies, and pillowcases.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Oh my goodness......I did crochet before sewing.....made several doilies and afghans. Grandmom was a seamstress and made all our clothes.....didn't teach any of us 5 girls how to sew. I won my first machine at a carnival when I was 18 and the first thing I made was a shift dress....pink polka dots - thought I was the cat's meow!!!!

Comment

My first sewing project was way back in Jr High ....about 30 years ago. I made myself a dress in Home Economics class. Do wish they still offered that class to young girls!!

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

Congratulations to Auntpiggylpn Happy shopping ! My first project was 24 years ago. I made a baby blanket for my youngest. I sewed the binding and used yarn to tie the sandwich together!!!
                          Melissa Greenfield :icon_wave: Crafty Quilty Mimi

Comment

Used to design and make Barbie clothes. A few years ago

Comment

Congratulations to Auntpiggylpn! My first sewing project was in about the 4th grade for 4H--an elastic waist skirt.
                              :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

Working...
                              X