This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 7 - February 19, 2011

Congratulations to debinmalaga! Random.org chose you won to win the Blush Charm Pack by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics! And just go look at what she got for V-day! Congrats twice over debi!

For this coming monday is presidents day and we are giving away the Stars Aligned - Strip Club Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs
    To be entered to win just respond to this post and tell me what your favorite thing is to do with fabric strips. Or heck maybe not favorite but anything!
    They can be jelly roll strips or honey bun strips or wonky strips! It doesn't matter! We just want to know so spill it and maybe you'll win a pattern to go with some of those strips!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 7 - February 19, 2011

Apparently my favorite thing to do with the honey buns and jelly rolls is to collect them!
    I have one of each and have yet to bust them open and make anything! I do have a pattern I want to make with them, Jellystone Park, but since it is a project for me, it's not high on the list of things to get done right away.
    Congrats Deb!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been checking out MSQC site and your tutorials and LOVE, LOVE, yes LOVE it all! I just recived my first order and sent in my second.
      I am soooo excited about the jelly roll tube tutorials. I never really knew what to do with jelly rolls ect. I am new to quilting and just cut material for what ever I needed to make. I love that you can make something so pretty with strips. Thanks you for helping me get inspired to sew more!

Comment

Congratulations, DEB

Oh, can I ever echo the sentiments - hate to break open those rolls and bundles - but I do love flipping through charm packs. Most of the things I make are kinda wonky and I've been watching tutorials trying to get up enough nerve to pull the strings on a jelly roll.

Here's my last Wonky Quilt - finished this morning:

Carmen's Quilt 2.JPGQuilt 4.JPG
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sweeeeet Deb! Congratulations on your winnings!

You finished it Sandy! The Wonky Quilt is really neat with all those different fabrics.

I have 3 Jelly Rolls and not exactly sure which pattern I'll use so can always use a new one to try.

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congratulations Deb.
            If I had a jellyroll or a honeybun, or any other stripe I would be doing one of Jenny's Jellyroll Circle Quilts. That is just the neatest technique! And it will be a fantastic quilt or even a table topper. I'd go for quilt. Hugs, Jan Luna
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

BTW Sandy I think your quilt is neat. Good job! Love you, Jan
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Congrats Deb!!
                Love those jelly rolls!! I made a french braid quilt and the Summer in the Park quilt - they made it quick and fun!

Comment

Can't bear to unroll the jelly either -- but when I do, it will be a table runner of some sort.
                  Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

Well if I had the guts I would do something with all my little & big strips instead of putting them in little zip lock bags and color coding them!!!

Maybe some day when I grow up who knows!!!

Congrats Deb that is sooo cool and I am sure you will make something fab from them.

Got to go I have to work tonight ugh!!!! It is cold and raining and winds a blown, won't get home until after 10 PM if I am lucky!!!

Catch ya all later, aka Sunday;
                    Jan G.
                    Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                    THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                    :lol:

Comment

I don't know as I am new to quilting and haven't had a chance to any of those. I have been watching the videos on sympoz so maybe I will learn how to make one

Congratulations Deb

Monique
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by stitchywoman View Post
                        Congratulations to debinmalaga! Random.org chose you won to win the Blush Charm Pack by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics! And just go look at what she got for V-day! Congrats twice over debi!

For this coming monday is presidents day and we are giving away the Stars Aligned - Strip Club Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs
                        To be entered to win just respond to this post and tell me what your favorite thing is to do with fabric strips. Or heck maybe not favorite but anything!
                        They can be jelly roll strips or honey bun strips or wonky strips! It doesn't matter! We just want to know so spill it and maybe you'll win a pattern to go with some of those strips!
                        Just joined this web site, love it! Have been making "Carry-on" bags (totes) for a while with whole piece fabric, but have discovered the JellyRolls to add sooooooo much charm and color, haved switched to them. Thanks for the wonderful tutorials, can't believe the great ideas you guys come up with! Hugs

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                          I don't know as I am new to quilting and haven't had a chance to any of those. I have been watching the videos on sympoz so maybe I will learn how to make one

Congratulations Deb

Monique
                          Congrats also to Deb, lucky lady!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Deb! Have fun with your winning!

I am so new at this "quilt thing" that I only have plans for my jelly roll. Using a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" charm pack, I am working on a "Disappearing 9 Patch" and decided it would be fun (and easy) to use a jelly roll for a border, since it is already cut at 2.5 inches! It also has the same mixture of fabrics so I can keep the same theme as I hem in my blocks! It will be my first time to use a jelly roll, and I've never worked with a honey bun. Just a dream in my head at the moment though and someday, you might just see a photo! Debi

Comment

I am hooked on jelly rolls! I just finished a postage stamp quilt using jelly rolls and it was so easy! Precuts are definitely the way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X