This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 6 - February 11, 2011

Congratulations to debi weaver! You won a yard of Bella Solids Chocolate Yardage by Moda- sku# 9900-41 And according to you ladies I should definitely be choosing fabric as debi agreed!

So, some of us love it and some of us hate it but now that V-day is truly upon us I want to know what you will be doing that day! Or maybe what you wish you could be doing!

Tell me and you could win 1 Blush Charm Pack by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics Do we give extra points if it makes us blush? Nah! But enjoy your day anyway!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 6 - February 11, 2011

Well, this is my first time to post here. I hope I am doing this correctly! lol
    The BIG V Day will be spent working at Bear Paw Quilts and More in Oakhurst CA. I feel so lucky to have this play time each week. Then at 6:30 I will be on my way home to see my Grandson before he heads home with Daddy. Grampa will have fed him and will be also be feeding Gramma. He is just the best Husband, Dad and Grampa. Hope you all have a special day as well <3

Hugs, Leisa
    Leisa
    From ~ Gateway to Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA

Comment

Congratulations Debi !! I don't know what I'll be doing, my hubby always surprises me. Sometimes with flowers, candy, ect. Then there was the year he bought me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring. That's the day they told me I had to have yet another back surgery. I think he knew that was what was going to happen and he tried to soften the blow. Sometimes he cooks for me and sometimes I cook special for him. But what I do know is I will be spending the day with the love of my life and this will be our 46th V day that we have spent together. So even if he brings nothing home, as long as he comes home, I'm happy. Enjoy the day and the love of your life in any way as long as it's together.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Congrats Deb!!!

Since Sunday is Hubby's birthday, we combine it with Valentines. I will make him his FAVORITE***Angel food Cake with Chocolate Icing***, We are going to take the dogs down to Malabar near the State Park and just spend some time enjoying the outdoors. I'll put something in the slowcooker so that we will have a hot meal when we get back.
        Monday I plan to work on my MTE course, and get enough time in so that I can still quilt for a bit. Dinner will be provided by Hubby in some form!!

Enjoy the weekend and Happy Valentines Day!!~~

Hugs,
        Vicky~~

Comment

I'll be spending V Day with my Valentine of 45 years. We won't be going out to eat as all the resturants are soooo busy on that night. We are planning on taking in a movie than picking up something, ie. pizza or ribs, and enjoying a quite evening at home. Hope everyone out there has someone they love to spend the day with.

Comment

We are heading out to a day in Amish country. We'll be visiting a winery and some quilt shops. Then a nice lunch in Berlin. Weather permitting, of course, since it's snowing again
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by bakermom View Post
              We are heading out to a day in Amish country. We'll be visiting a winery and some quilt shops. Then a nice lunch in Berlin. Weather permitting, of course, since it's snowing again
              Do Amish quilts and the winery go together? I don't know why, but this struck me as a very unusual combination. Have fun!!!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Congratulations, Debi!! You will truly enjoy your prize, I'm certain.

St. Valentine's Day . . . no special plans here. Hubby has been gone all this past week so we have not had time to plan anything. Our quilting guild's 'roll call question' was "Name one memorable VD gift" and I honestly had to say that I have none that are more memorable than any other . . . ALL MY DAYS are VALENTINE'S DAYS. It is great being with a soul-mate . . . going on 44 years.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What pretty color combinations in the Blush pack. As we live in Florida and it's the tourist season, we have dinner at home. DH is now retired and does most of the cooking and food shopping so it's like Valentine's Day all year.
                  Mary Ellen

Comment

Congrats Debie. Bakermom I wish I was going with you to Amish Country that is something that I hope my Husband and I can do before we get to old.

As far as V Day goes I will be working and then coming home and working on a quilt. My husband and I really don't celebrate this day. We tell each other we love each other and then go on our day. He said he wasn't getting me nothing but he actually did get me a great gift, he is going back to work.

Happy Quilting everyone.

Lynne Leavell

Comment

I already know mine will be bad I have Jury Duty and that is the first day I report! The Jury Summons already warns us that we will be there until 5 pm. I can't complain though, I am not a young thing (!) and this is my first call to duty! I am kind of hoping I get chosen for some interesting case!!! I will probably stop on the way home at some fast food place to eat.
                      See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

I have to work and dont see Hubby on Mondays. But I have made little Valentine crafty things to set out for Hubby and the kiddies as a token of my love. Dont get me started on how much I think Valentines day is over done and over rated. I try to do little things for my kids to teach them that its not all about the big shows and all the money being spent..its the thoughts that go into it and you dont have to spend money to show someone that you love them. Ok I will stop now.

Missie

Comment

Thank you! Thank you!
                          For the "weekly give-away" winning of chocolate...and for the congratulations!
                          I am totally blown away and am enjoying my morning thinking what I will make with my Valentine's Chocolate from MSQC's gift! What fun!
                          My DH will be so happy to learn I already received "my chocolate"!

I agree with the comments above who count their blessings of love with their DH. As commented before, I married my very best friend, so every day with him is special.
                          BUT on this year's calendar day, I am doing something very unusual!
                          My DH is in finance for 2 agencies and one is due for an AUDIT. He has a meeting Monday evening which begins just as their flight lands in our great city, so he has asked me to pick up the AUDITORS at the airport and take them out to dinner!
                          I love helping him and I love going out for dinner, but I'm not sure what I can talk about with them. I have a habit of carrying my "shopping notebook" with samples of my quilting projects and dreams. Maybe I can entertain them with colors and designs! Yikes!

May everyone have a blessed day and thank the Giver of Love for His blessings!
                          Debi

Comment

I'll be baking & decorating Valentine's cookies for my family & friends - do it every year - they love em!

Comment

Congratulations Debi! Isn't it sooo exciting to win something from MSQC, you always know it's just what you wanted!
                              Bakermom, I LOVE Amish country. Nobody else in the family sews, now that Grandma is gone, but I usually manage 1 fabric/quilt shop to look at the eye candy. Have fun, I wish I was able to go!

As for our V-Day, nothing planned for that day. Of course, nothing can compare to our V-Day 26 years ago when I went into labor for our 1st child during our romantic homecooked dinner.....in the middle of a huge snowstorm!! So, our V-Day celebration is usually with DD for her birthday, the next day.
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X