This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 20 turnover or under.....

Whoop, whoop ya'll. How's it going?!?! This week's gone by in a FLASH! (probably because of the Holiday, so I'm not complaining) Anyway, this weeks winner of the amazing "Santorini" Charm pack, is Crazyquiltpatcher. Email your info and we will send that baby on it's way!!

This week up for grabs is the beautiful April Cornell's, Nostalgia Turnover! (yeah, that's right...a turnover. Tell your friends, and your Mom and her friends!)

My question this week is this: When do you find time to quilt!? Do you quilt in the evening (when the house is quiet), or do you quilt all day? Are you a retreat only kind a gal, or are do you quilt every spare second that you can?(and your messy house is proof) We are dying to know.....So spill the beans ladies! We'd love to know.

Re: Week 20 turnover or under.....

I have to make time to quilt....otherwise it would never happen.
    Michele

Comment

I can sometimes squeeze time in during the day. But the family and farm usually take up the daylight hours. That leaves uninterrupted quilting time for the "after" hours. The hours after dinner is made and cleaned up, the high schooler is harassed about homework, and the toddler is out of the tubby and in bed.
      I sometimes get started by 10PM if I am lucky. It is not unusual for me to be up until 2 or 3 working on a project if I have to get it done for a gift, or if I am just in the fabric groove. I like to plug in an audiobook, and "read" while I sew. I think I feel better about it because I am actually getting two things done at once. Thankfully right now I do not have to work outside the house, so I can get away with these late nights. It depends on how well the new micro dairy gets on if I have to go back to a "regular" job or not. If I do, I will have to find a night shift job, so I am not paying out my entire paycheck for child care. Then there goes the sewing time, right out the window. Another reason for cramming in all of the sewing I can now.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Because I "fade" in the evening it is rare for me to quilt then. I am a morning person and now that the kids are older I have more time just about any time I want to quilt...which btw is regularly. I love the Nostalgia line.

Comment

For me the evening hours after work are reserved for my "quilting time". It also let's me take advantage of nice weather to be outside before I "slow- down" in front of the sewing machine.
          But I have to admit: some rainy Saturdays may turn into all-out quilting days and some people may see that reflected in the "state of my household"... Thank you for the weekly Giveaway!

Comment

For me, I try to find time to sew in the early evening. Usually Friday night or a Saturday night. How exciting is that! I remember looking forward to going out on those nights!! I am more productive in the morning though. The week is so hectic once my teenage son starts school. The homework hassle, his schedule etc. I can pull an all day Saturday if I am making a gift or really want to get some blocks under my belt. Unfortunately Fall is fast approaching and it will be getting darker earlier and earlier and I hate to sew with my lamps. It is just not bright enough, not like with the sun streaming in through the window.
            Niki (Niurka)

Comment

So when do I quilt? Well, I quilt throughout the day in small snippets of time as that works best to not get any extra aches or pains. But if we have guests, no quilting, as my guest bedroom is my sewing room.

Comment

I try to squeeze in a little quilting anytime I can Sometimes that will be in the middle of the afternoon and sometimes that means after supper.

Comment

I've never tried a turnover - they look so cool! I have a strange situation in my life right now. My husband works in Virginia Mon-Fri, while I'm here in NC. He's been doing this 3 years. We were all set to move 3 years ago, when I discovered I hasd breast cancer, and spent the rest of the year having chemo and radiation after surgery. Push came to shove and we have now listed our house for sale, in anticipation of moving to Virginia in the next 6 months. Since I'm home alone with the dog during the week, I have a few hours every night to sew/quilt. I love this time! When my husband and I are together on the weekends, I usually do whatever he wants to do, so no sewing. But during the week, I try and get some sewing/quilting done every night. I just have to keep everything very neat now.
                  Susan in NC

Comment

Do the words "neat" and "quilting" actually go in a sentence together? Other than: "What a neat job of quilting that top!"
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I quilt pretty much whenever I feel like it - many days I don't feel like it at al - other days I'm like a woman possessed, If i'm up to it I'm doing it!
                      I am a PROCESS Woman more than a PROJECT woman.. I really don't care if something gets all the way to 'done' unless it's life has a mission. I love fabric = so usually it comes before the pattern or idea how to incorporate in a 'plan' .. I enjoy trying new things, but don't have to get s ome kind of finsished project out of it. Some times I even go back and work again on WIP's, but I'm not compelled
                      Those who know me know the main reason I quilt is just an excuse to buy more fabric.
                      If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

A subject near and dear to me...I work a full time day job, teach dance classes a couple eves a week, and I chip away at my AA degree by taking 2 classes a term. time? i don't really HAVE time for much. So I keep my stuff out in the dining room as much as I can and I squeeze out 15-20 minute spots during the week, and a couple hours every weekend a.m.I'm also a morning person, at night I just make more errors than progress so I don't cut at night or do much that has to be "perfect".

i've never used a turnover either, and cutting triangles is sure a challenge for me, so one of these days I'll have to try a turnover!

Comment

Originally posted by Quilt Vader
                          I am a PROCESS Woman more than a PROJECT woman..
                          I am similar Quilt Vader - i am horrible in that once I'm done with a project, i could care less about what happens to it. I'm all about DOING it. I don't have a lot tied up with being done with it.

this is of course from the woman who has not finished a full size quilt yet. Perhaps I'll morph into a different person then...but i don't think so. it's all about the doing of it...the finished product is cool and all, but mostly then I just want to start something else, LOL...

Comment

Between the running of kiddow.
                            I quilt during naptime. It's usually about 2 hours.

And after the kiddos bedtime at 8pm about 2 evenings a week.

Comment

I quilt every chance I get and yes my house is proof of that!

Comment

Working...
                              X