This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 19 Charm pack, ATTACK!

Congrats to our winner, lsmithbendor . Send me your info and your new pattern will be shipped asap.

It was fun to hear your stories of some of the experiences you've had at your local quilt shop! Hahah!! I love that you girls are always keeping my in 'stitches'.

This week for our giveaway we are gonna give you a charm pack....How about I give you a Santorini Charm pack, (you know the designer, Lila Tueller) and you tell me.....

"How were you 'sold' on these 5" of quilting goodness? I mean really, you were intimidated at first, you thought you were wasting your hard earned 'quilting' money....then this light came on, (we call it an aha moment) and you saw it (the light) and were SOLD. Right? I mean seriously....have you ever looked back?"

DO you have a story of charm pack conversion? (or any precuts for that matter)

Re: Week 19 Charm pack, ATTACK!

Me? Me?? I'm so excited!! Thank you!!!

Comment

I think my first pre-cut was a Layer Cake and the reason I purchased it (and all pre-cuts including the Charm Pack) is that I love to have at least some of every fabric in my favorite line. It is a sure way to know the fabrics all go together!!

Comment

I have loved 5" charms ever since I started to make quilts from the books "Nickel Quilts" and "More Nickel Quilts".

Comment

I did not love them. I bought from more than one fabaric co and not all 5" cuts were identical - which gavene s ome odd size blocks when I cut my disappearing 9 patches .. but I fudged and it came out fine, My quilter however nearlyhad a stroke .. she saw 2 pats of seamsthatwere pulled open with the quilting.. when she told me about it - she was stricken! I though I was going to have to hand sew half the quilt back together - the 2 seams were probably 2-2.5" in places that a wee bit of hand sewing disguised.
          Now I buy the cuz I like the colors or the patterns, but I pass on many as the top piece may look inviting and then inside the pther pieces are not so attractive .. I am NOT a whole line person - I mix-em-up.

I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS to the winner... hoooorayy
          If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

I think for me I bought my first charm pack thinking how cute the line of fabric was...but unsure what I would do with it...besides fondle it! I guess I thought it would be like a fabric swatch for buying yardage of the same line? Anyway, the first time I used one was for a Schnibbles pattern. I've never looked back.....but must admit that if I really, really like the line I will just go ahead and buy the layer cake so I can get 4 charm packs! LOL

Comment

I love charm packs and jelly rolls/honey buns, because i like to have a little bit of something that all coordinates. I made clothes for so many years that I have a hard time venturing into the world of anything goes. But I also love scrap quilts. I love the disappearing 9 patch made with charm packs, or a simple table runner.
              Susan in NC
              [email protected]

Comment

My charm pack conversion definitely happened via the internet. Seeing the fun and cool stuff gals were making with charm packs - not having to buy all those fabrics and cut them up, it was done for you! Then realizing how much time it saved me...I was sold!!

Comment

I was sold on pre-cuts when I saw your tutorials. Seriously! I thought quilting would be fun but I thought it would take me FOREVER. Then I saw your tutorials and saw how fast and easy it can be. Now I'm addicted! I come on this site every day to see what the daily deal is and sometimes I stay awake at night thinking about which charm pack I should buy for future projects. One night my husband asked me why I couldn't sleep and I told him I was stressed out. He asked why and I said "I just can't decide which fabric would look the best for our daughter's quilt". He just rolled his eyes and told me that he wished he had my problems LOL. But seriously, I know all of you have probably stayed awake at night "quilting" in your imagination.

Comment

I was first turned on to pre cuts when I visited this site. Then I went to MSQC store and was in heaven. There they all were. I felt like I was going to loose my breath. There were so many to choose from and I wanted them all. I finally decided on a Layer Cake (Kashmir IV) and bought a pattern for layer cakes. I have since become a charm pack lover. I love having all the fabrics and mixing and matching them with other lines. It is just so much fun. I have been drooling about SANTORINI for about three months. I love Lila Tueller. I visited her blog daily. Well here is hoping that my dreams really can come true.

Comment

You all are so fun to read.. there's just something about a quilter.. you can almost smell them! I have a story for you - not charm packs but just fun .. I was sitting on an outside patio at The Top Hat sandwich place having lunch with a friend .. a lady pulled up to the parking lot curb and called out - hey - any chance one of you is a quilter?? My friend is not and was more surprised than I was.. I admitted my addiction and asked if she was tryiing to find Gingers .. she has just been there, needed directions to another quilt shop in the area!! lauhing I gave her the directions. Probably a good year later we in our new friendship group were sharing fun stories and I told mine - Jan speaks up laughing and says 'that was me!!' funny how friendships get started.
                      If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Originally posted by cvdnurse
                        I love charm packs and jelly rolls/honey buns, because i like to have a little bit of something that all coordinates. I made clothes for so many years that I have a hard time venturing into the world of anything goes. But I also love scrap quilts. I love the disappearing 9 patch made with charm packs, or a simple table runner.
                        Susan in NC
                        [email protected]

I actually made a skirt out of charm squares that was one of the cutest things ever. I had to go floor length for my niece in order to use all of them, but she loves the patch feel of it, and it was so easy I almost felt guilty

Comment

I am a texture/pattern junkie...I love to get the precuts so that I can have everything from the line and when you have all those different fabrics together it gives the project depth and texture galore!!
                          Michele

Comment

Okay, Honestly, I keep looking at them, daydreaming but I haven't bought a charm pack yet. I bought a layer cake one day when I was visiting a quilt shop while traveling. Put it away and I haven't used it either. I am finishing up some projects though so maybe I will finally break it out get creative. Any great ideas out there for a layer cake? I have a grandbaby due in March and a niece having twins in January so I have some baby quilts to make!

This is my first post and looks like I will find lots of good info here! Thanks Everyone!

Comment

Charm Pack? I've never used one ops:

There are so many quilting options so little time!

Comment

Working...
                              X