Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 18 Schnibbles and bits and bits and bits...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 18 Schnibbles and bits and bits and bits...

Congratulations lorik, you are the winner of the Neptune honey bun! Email me your information and we will ship it out asap. Be sure to make something amazing and upload pics, to show off what you do with that honey bun!!

This week up for grabs is a Schnibbles pattern called Figgy Pudding. Super cute, I know.

Ok, so this week I just want you to finish this sentence.....

"I was at my local quilt shop, and to my surprise"....

(heheheeh, this is gonna be fun.)

Re: Week 18 Schnibbles and bits and bits and bits...

just yesterday .... all I bought was a $2.00 pk of embroidery needles! WHAT???!!!!
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Bahahahahahaahha!!! hard to believe you got out of there for only $2.00!!! I bet your husband nearly passed out!

I love it!

Comment

Ok it wasn't my local quilt shop but it was one 30 miles away. And guess what I walked out with $150.00 less in my pocket and another quilt to make. My husband suggest that I start piecing together some of this beautiful fabric and leave some money in order to have them quilted. Silly man. When fabric calls your name, you just gotta give in.

Comment

Originally posted by nanbright
          Silly man. When fabric calls your name, you just gotta give in.
          I think we need an MSQC "Famous Quotes" wall

Comment

"I was at my local quilt shop, and to my surprise"....it has closed!!! Now what? Lucky I still have Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Comment

Very pretty pattern. Good luck all.

Comment

To my surprise there is a quilt shop about 15 miles away that I never new existed! It has been there for about a year. It is in a victorian house, so cute! It was a such a nice surprise, but you can't beat the deal here at MSQC!!
                Niki

Comment

...and to my sad surprise it had closed - apparently some time ago. it was on the other side of town and two quilt stores were in the middle and I just never got over there much.

Comment

sadly, it was going out of business. That's 2 shops this summer within a 30 mile radius. I did my bit to help! :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by quiltermary
                      sadly, it was going out of business. That's 2 shops this summer within a 30 mile radius. I did my bit to help! :cry:
                      Originally posted by lsmithbendor
                      ...and to my sad surprise it had closed - apparently some time ago. it was on the other side of town and two quilt stores were in the middle and I just never got over there much.
                      Wow, that's terrible! Where are you guys located??

Comment

I was not in my local quilt shop. I was out of town on some business, and I had a few hours to waste before my next meeting. So what does a good fabric collector do when they have time to spare, and unexplored quilt shops? Exactly!
                        While I was there, to my surprise, I found the perfect grass-patterned fabric for a house block I need to make for an exchange, among other treasures I HAD to have. I was also surprised to find out how interested the shop keeper was in what I was making with the fabrics I had chosen. (OK, they were rather random selections.) Most of the time you just get a cursory "That will be nice" if they ask what you are doing with the fabrics. This nice lady wanted to know if I was hand or machine piecing and what the block patterns were going to be, and she actually listened to the answers. It was very nice to be treated in a friendly fashion instead of just another sale. The next time I am up that way, I will stop there for sure!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Jenniebee: I'm in Bend, Oregon

Wow, that's terrible! Where are you guys located??

Comment

but following sad news (local QS closed) is almost always good news: While not local (about 2.5 hours away) I discovered Fabric Depot in Portland Oregon, which boasted 10,000 bolts of cottons.

They weren't exaggerating. Holy Cow. I had no money, but splurged and got an EZ dresden "ruler" after seeing the video here about it.

I'll surely be going back to Fabric Depot!

Comment

I was in my local quilt shop and to my surprize all those amazing needle threaders had sold OUT!! I love those things and as fast as we get them at MSQC they sell out. Will I ever get one?

Comment

Working...
                              X