This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winner and a new giveaway...

The winner for the weekly giveaway (with the help of the awesome, random generator) was Joleen. Congratulations Joleen, we hope you love your new tote bag, and that you get more time to get those projects
    done. Email me with your information, and we will get you your new bag asap!!

It was mentioned on the blog that we got new Riley Blake Christmas fabric in!! So we are gonna give away a fat quarter bundle for this weeks prize.

Since this week is all about Christmas....tell me what one of your favorite Christmas traditions is??

Re: Winner and a new giveaway...

Opening a pair of new Christmas jammies on Christmas eve!!!

Comment

Cooking and eating a big turkey with all the trimmings...nothing like it...

Comment

My favorite Christmas tradition is sending and receiving Christmas cards. I love gettting those beautiful cards.

Comment

Each family member opens all their stocking stuffers first, then we watch each person open their gifts individually...it does take more time this way, but how encouraging to see the kids' faces light up when someone opens "their" specially picked out gift.

Comment

We have ham and fleas for Christmas dinner at my mother's every year. My mom makes a baked ham every year. One year my neice said " Oooh look at all those fleas on the ham!" Needless to say Christmas wouldn't be the same without ham and fleas!

Comment

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies for the holidays. My husband and I usually make a few batches of all our favorites. Yummy.
              [email protected](Dot)com

Comment

I have a fav activity - I don't do a regular tree - no room - so my artificial ficus has been decorated the past several years.. lights, ornaments - stuff last year I let DGS do the decorating - oh my what a fun tree...
                If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Congratulations Joleen!!!
                  If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Our tradition for the past 20 years has been to put up a Christmas tree practically in every room of the house There is a 6 1/2 foot victorian decorated tree in the living room, a snowman tree 6 ft slim tree in the dining room, a 4 1/2 ft kitchen tree with really cute cooking related ornaments and foods, a tree in my son's room (desk top), another small one in the bathroom and in my stairwell ( I live in a two flat) I have a country tree 4 1/2 ft and a fairy tree 4 1/2 ft. as well.
                    My friends love to come over they feel it sooooooo Christmacy at my house. But boy is it work!!, but I love doing it.
                    Niki (Niurka)

Comment

My favorite tradition is reading "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. We all sit in a circle and each person receives a small gift that is wrapped (usually a gag gift of some sort), and each time the word and is said during the book you pass your gift to the person sitting to your right. There are quite a few ands in the book. When the last and is read you get to open the gift you ended up with. It's really fun to see what people get, and then there is always the inevitable gift trading.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernQuilter
                        My favorite tradition is reading "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. We all sit in a circle and each person receives a small gift that is wrapped (usually a gag gift of some sort), and each time the word and is said during the book you pass your gift to the person sitting to your right. There are quite a few ands in the book. When the last and is read you get to open the gift you ended up with. It's really fun to see what people get, and then there is always the inevitable gift trading.
                        This would be hilarious!!! I've got to try this with our family!! LOL

Comment

Each year part of our tradition is to hold, yet again, the debate over should we be 'allowed' to open one gift on Christmas eve or not. Understand that the youngest one participating in this discussion is in her mid-50's, the oldest almost 80. While the gift opening -always- wins, this back and forth gives each person a chance to talk about their individual families' ways of doing things while they were growing up. It's a way of sharing holiday history that ties everyone together, joining past with present. Laura in Lewes

Comment

My favorite Christmas tradition is driving around town to see the decorated homes and lights!

Comment

Our Christmas Eve family tradition is to get together with my family which includes: my Mom and Dad, eight brothers/ sisters and their spouses, eighteen nieces/nephews and their spouses, thirty great nieces/nephews. Last year the total count for dinner was approximately 75!! The total would be around 85, but a few from out of state could not make it. We are so blessed!! I am really looking forward to this Christmas too.

Comment

Working...
                              X