This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 2 - January 14, 2011

Congratulations to gloria! She won the A Simpler Time Charm Pack by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics! I have to say I'm totally excited that she won! As I was reading the posts there were so many good comments that I also would have loved to have won but I worried a little because there were several that commented saying I still don't know what to do! and my heart went out to them! They entered and didn't even know it. So yes gloria and everyone else, you've done marvelously! You simply comment on the current giveaway post and answer whatever random question is asked and then random number generator magically comes along to help us choose a winner! Yay! So congrats again!

Now If you're in the market for another giveaway I'm glad you're here because answering this question could let you win one
    Party Time Table Runner from Me to You Designs! See today is my daughters birthday and I want everyone to celebrate! I imagine she wants everyone to celebrate too

Everyone has a birthday to celebrate. It's just the way it is. So, tell me yours or your sewing machines birthday. Whichever one you prefer to celebrate! No years necessary (those sewing machines can be sensitive) but tell me what time of year you get all sentimental and want to celebrate! For me it's summer time! My sweet baby janome came into my life o`n a lovely summer day! And we've had a treasured relationship ever since So Happy Birthday to Layna (my real daughter she's 7)... and for everyone!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 2 - January 14, 2011

Congratulations on winning the charm pack, Gloria!!!

My birthday just passed, it was January 12th, I turned 47 (I'm not as sensitive about my age as my sewing machine is about hers :-)). I was soooo excited about the day because I was going to go to my very first quilter's guild meeting... MAJOR disappointment when it was cancelled due to snow.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Congrats to Gloria, WOW how neat is that.
      Happy B-Day to all are we having cake tooo!!!
      My happy B-Day is when I bought my 1st embroidery machine a Brother SE-270 D.
      That was how I got bitten by the big E sewing bug and with my sweetheart of a Kenmore I set out to try and create quilts, towels, pillow cases, and etc. And rest is history!!! I added to my collection a serger, Janome MC 350 E, and a Singer Futura Quartet. No wonder I have to keep working!! My "Babies" are multiplying!!!
      Is there a cure or something to take for this addiction!!!!
      Oh well I'll be working untill I am 100 to pay for all of these B-Days!!!!
      Enjoy
      Jan G
      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
      :lol:

Comment

Hi.....

My birthday is one week from yesterday.... January 24th. And since I'm so into my new love...quilting.... I think I'll spend some of it at the sewing machine and the rest with my darling husband. Thanks for the lovely site. I really have enjoyed being online with you all.

Birthday hugs from
        Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

My favorite birthday is today, for my darling granddaughter Emily. It means she is still with us. Her blood levels are good and today she is 11 years old.
          My other favorite birthday is October 13th as that's the day I joined MSQC in 2009. This has been a gift to me everyday. I have met friends and quilters who do beautiful things to make this world of ours pretty. But mostly, the love and friendship you have shown me. You have prayed for my Emily and for Laura, and for me. For that I am forever grateful.
          Hugs to you all and blessings from above, Jan
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

My birthday is August 10...in the sweltering summertime...but I love to celebrate it because it means the Lord has given me another year of living...and another year to enjoy my family and making quilts!
            "The Lord is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation." Exodus 15:2

:icon_happy:

Visit my blog! www.quaintncozycottage.blogspot.com :icon_wave:

Comment

My birthday was last week-Jan. 5. My favorite way of spending my birthday is lunch with my kids and shopping in whatever fabric store is nearby.
              My machines? my grand lady is a kenmore, oh my, got her in 1974. first important purchase after i finished school and had a real fulltime job. The "baby" is an Utl2002 . The "middle kids" are a Singer serger about 1983 and a newer Kenmore 1987.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

We call July "Christmas in July" at my house .. 2 of my kids..mine.. my mother in laws and 2 of my brothers all have birthdays in July.. its crazyness. But a great time.

Missie

Comment

Congrats Gloria!! Actually my best birthday memories aren't my birthday at all but my daughters. You see for several years we would have a jello throwing party!!! Her b-day is in August(nice and hot) and the night before her party I would make several 5 gal buckets of jello up and put it in my husbands garage refrigerator to chill. The kids wore their bathing suits and was all lined up in a big circle and they each got a paper plate of cool whip and took turns smearing each others faces with it then they all ran to the middle of the circle and started throwing jello at each other. After all the jello was gone we would hose them off . Great fun. Needless to say her birthday parties were very fun.We always had several kids to come. She is now 12 and it isn't cool anymore but we will always have the memories.

Comment

It is so much fun to read about birthday celebrations!My favorite birthday is my grandaughter's day in October - she is a real blessing and one we are thrilled to celebrate. She will be two on October first - yeah!

Comment

I love to celebrate in July. Both mine and my Dad's bithdays are then. In my family we get to pick our birthday dinner every year. Well since ours are so close together (just 5 days apart, 18th and 22nd) we alternate who gets to pick dinner and who gets to pick the cake.

Comment

Well my birthday is in march, and so is my Singer sewing machines. I got her for my birthday 3 years ago.
                        Lydia Lee

I am blessed, and pray that you are to.

Comment

I wish I could remember when I got my Singer Touch and Sew, but I know I was in high school. My folks gave it to me; up till then I'd been using my mother's Singer which I think was her mother's before that. Both of them are middle-aged by now.

Comment

Congrats Gloria! btw I LOVE this give~a~way offered this week~!

My birthday is August 6th. My most recent baby (janome 6600) has the same birthday (just several years younger than I am I received it 4 years ago from my hubby as a bday gift and love it just as much today as the day i recieved it

Comment

Congratulations Gloria!! Can't wait to see what you make with your prize.

Well, since I can't remember when I got any of my machines, I'll tell you about my birthday in November. First of all, I've only ever worked on 2 of my birthdays. One I was in the Reserve and that year I was away on my 2 week annual training and the other was cause my daughter took so many days off that I had to work on my birthday. I don't let her forget it. When I take the day off work now, I grab my Bestest friend and one of my sisters and head to Lancaster (PA) for 2 days and shop at the fabric places! Also, make sure I get in a hot tub at a local hotel there.

Hugs,
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                              X