X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pie54
    replied
    Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

Headline it Bold "NEW WINNER Announced on "date" with the week number etc.

Leave a comment:

• bjd0057
    replied

I'm new here to your forum, but I found it quite easy to find the giveaway thread by the way you listed it. It appreared pretty clear that this was the giveaway thread, for Wk 1 and the date it started. I'm hoping I have this right because it seemed pretty clear. I would just start a new thread for every wk. Makes sense to me.

I do have a question. Does it always start on a Friday or what? I didn't know if it was from Mon to Mon. or whatever day you decided to start it in that week.

I'm fairly new to quilting, but I want to say that I am enjoying the site thus far.

Leave a comment:

• plix
    replied

Originally posted by alaskancrafter View Post
    It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!
    Hi Anchorage...
    This link may help. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+quilting&aq=2.
    Once I learned to do this, I was hooked
    I sure miss Alaska. My cousins grew up just across the puddle in Sitka, & I haven't visited for a while.
    Posting pix of your projects here is ALWAYS encouraged. We all love to see what each other is working on.
    Happy quilting!

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    replied

I don't have a problem finding it. However, I can see how it might be confusing. There are several great suggestions. Whatever you decide, I will find it.

Happy Sewing,
    Rae

Leave a comment:

• alaskancrafter
    replied

It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

Hmmm I was just thinking (look out..) What about a sticky across the top by :Forum, Groups, Quilter's Daily Deal, What's new, Quilting Tutorials etc.

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

When I was new to the board I had trouble finding it. But now that I know where it is I don't. I can see how a sticky is right in your face so to speak so you can't miss it. Good Deal.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

I am with a few of the others; can you put a "sticky" that keeps the current giveaway thread marked. The date does help. You can also condense it to 1/7/11 if you decide not to delete the other entries. Then we know we have the right week in the right year!
    Cathy

Leave a comment:

• MissieP
    replied

i havnt been able to find it at all.. maybe im not looking hard enough but i really dont where i am suposed to be looking.. but im with everyone else.. I love free fabric!

Leave a comment:

• newbiequilter
    replied

I don't go looking for it, but when there is a new one there are a lot of posts and I see them on the Forums page, right side, and so I know to select one of the replies and I get to the giveaway. So since I don't have time to read everything, sometimes I miss one.

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

I got it now. Go to weekly giveaway aka The fabric free for all.Read the latest question and what you can win and ta daaaa. Thanks I needed that....

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Thanks for the info - I was confused on what I was looking for. This helps.

Leave a comment:

• kyllm21
    replied

I think it is easy to find the way it is. I always just click on forums and on the weekly giveaway and look for the most recent week. It's easy, peasy! LOL I love the free giveaway and I love that I have found Missouri Store Quilt Co. I am a newbie at quilting and I must say that this is the best site for tutorials and ideas for quick,easy quilts. I LOVE this site!

Leave a comment:

• Heather1967
    replied

I have no issue finding it and never have. So personally I don't think anything needs to be changed. But I use the computer all day every day, so I'm pretty good with it. I know there are those who are not.

Heather

Leave a comment:

• zenkitty
    replied

it's right here, of course..... I think you should do a tutorial on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X