• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stitchywoman
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2009

Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

Congratulations to mnmsmom! She won the Sweet Tart Quilt Pattern by Thimble Blossoms! It's fun to see a little culture showing up in Christmas dinner! Both of your dishes sound yummy! We hope you enjoy your new pattern!

So due to the confusion surrounding the giveaway's thread location my current question will have to do with finding the weekly giveaway... What would make it easier to find the current giveaway thread?
    (We can't do a button for it or put it on the front page, though it's direct forum is linked on the front page) Tell us what you think or just tell us if you know where to look for it or not and you could win the A Simpler Time Charm Pack by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics

Here's how to find it every time! If you are on the main page scroll down and when you see Weekly giveaway aka The Fabric Free For All! Click it and it takes you to the giveaway posts. The current one will most likely be on the top. But look for which has the most current number. Then read the first message to see what you can win and what the question is. Tada!

I admit it, I do miss weeks. So, weekly might seem a little misleading sometimes but if we changed it then I would feel weird about posting more often and what happens if I miss a scheduled one then? Oh that would be awful Really I would feel awful Anyway, What do you think would make this thread easier to find.

p.s. I'm trying to use tags but I don't know if they're helpful or not. Let us know!

To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.
  • plix
    Quilting Royalty
    • Dec 2010

Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

Congratulations mnmsmom! (whew! glad I don't have to type that too often!)
    I LOVE that you started all over with the week numbers! I NEVER know what week it is or even what day
    it is, so maybe this will help me keep track....or just get even more kerfubbled.
    I admit, when I first signed up, I was ALWAYS lost around here...but I like this forum so much that
    I didn't care. I just looked at everything! It doesn't really matter to me how often there is a giveaway...
    I LOVE that there IS a giveaway!! Free fabric or patterns or whatever...YAY!!! & now, with this new map, it's even easier to find the thread. ( I just click on free fabric...right?) Thanks MSQC! you gals are terrific!
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

• bakermom
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2010

The word free always gets my attention!
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• ckmama
        Machine Stitcher
        • Jan 2011

Maybe deleting the old threads. That way there is no confusion. You could BOLD the new thread or something.

Make it so the thread doesn't roll over and there is only 1 thread in the forum. I know how people like to go back and look though.

Different colors??

If someone wants to find it they will

Comment

• MarianneK
          The Guild President
          • Oct 2009

Oh heck, it's easy to find. No problem whatever. And I think it's funny that it is called the weekly giveaway when it's really the random giveaway!
          See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sandy Navas
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2010

I don't really care where it's located or what it's called, or even what color it is. If it says FREE I can find it. If it says FABRIC I can find it. If it says FOOD . . . well, I can find that . . . but that's a different story.

Thanks for being here!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• gloria
              Quilting Royalty
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by stitchywoman View Post
              Congratulations to mnmsmom! She won the Sweet Tart Quilt Pattern by Thimble Blossoms! It's fun to see a little culture showing up in Christmas dinner! Both of your dishes sound yummy! We hope you enjoy your new pattern!

So due to the confusion surrounding the giveaway's thread location my current question will have to do with finding the weekly giveaway... What would make it easier to find the current giveaway thread?
              (We can't do a button for it or put it on the front page, though it's direct forum is linked on the front page) Tell us what you think or just tell us if you know where to look for it or not and you could win the A Simpler Time Charm Pack by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics

Here's how to find it every time! If you are on the main page scroll down and when you see Weekly giveaway aka The Fabric Free For All! Click it and it takes you to the giveaway posts. The current one will most likely be on the top. But look for which has the most current number. Then read the first message to see what you can win and what the question is. Tada!

I admit it, I do miss weeks. So, weekly might seem a little misleading sometimes but if we changed it then I would feel weird about posting more often and what happens if I miss a scheduled one then? Oh that would be awful Really I would feel awful Anyway, What do you think would make this thread easier to find.

p.s. I'm trying to use tags but I don't know if they're helpful or not. Let us know!

Just read your post and I still don't know where to look for the weekly fabric giveaway. Is there something special to do or just reply to your post?

Comment

• craftyrad
                Batting Beauty
                • Oct 2009

I can usually find it quickly, but sometimes someone replies to an older thread and it then jumps to the top. Then there may be other replies from people who don't realize that the giveway is finished. Is there a way to lock a thread once the giveaway is over?
                Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                  Banned
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2009

I don't have any trouble finding it. I usually pull the 'what's new' up and there it is. I read what the dates are and then look over and see if there are lots of replies I know that it has been up for awhile and that I responded to the question. I also read what others have to say.
                  But those other suggestions do make sense.
                  Congratulations to the winner! Can't wait to see what you make out of your prize!

Hugs,

Comment

• KarenB
                    9 Patch Princess
                    • Sep 2009

What you're doing works for me. Though, I appreciate the Week number starting over too!

Comment

• mnmsmom
                      Fabric Fanatic
                      • Dec 2010

I can't believe i won!

Thank you!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!

ps... I love this forum and all the wonderful videos you kindly share with all of us!
                      Thank you for being so generous!

Comment

• annmarie
                        UN-Biased
                        • Mar 2010

I don't have any trouble finding it but I'm disappointed that it is not truly a weekly giveaway - more like a sporadic giveaway (I wonder if that is part of the trouble with members finding it - they find it but think they haven't because the current week is not posted?). But I love precuts so I click every week to see if there is a new one. I've won once & hope to win again soon. thanks for the opportunity - it's appreciated.

Comment

• sally
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jul 2010

Finding it is no problem...knowing if it is still a go is the question. I am SEW glad get it sew... so anyhow I am glad you have gone Week 1 and yes as some of the others have stated maybe removing old posts might help. Keep smiling!
                          sigpic
                          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• SummerK
                            The Guild President
                            • Jan 2011

I was helped by your explanation in the first post, but maybe making the current weekly thread a sticky thread for the week (or longer, whatever the case is) would make it easier for newbies to find.

Thank you for your generosity in these giveaways...it's so awesome.
                            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

• Texsam
                              The Guild President
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by craftyrad View Post
                              I can usually find it quickly, but sometimes someone replies to an older thread and it then jumps to the top. Then there may be other replies from people who don't realize that the giveway is finished. Is there a way to lock a thread once the giveaway is over?
                              Congrats mnmsmom! I agree with craftyrad. I'm also glad you started over with the week numbering.
                              Shelia

Comment

Working...
                              X