This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weekly give away

I'm new to this site, also, but, found the weekly giveaway right away, like everyone else, the words, "free, fabric and giveaway" would catch my eye. Love this site and agree with a previous member, it's more addictive than "facebook".
    nannanna

Comment

Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

I think just by having the date in the title helps. That way you always know that you are replying to the correct thread! I love the idea of giving something away! Hope I win!!! Especially since I currently have this exact charm pack already and need a second one for the project I am planning with it! Pick me Pick me!!!

Comment

it's right here, of course..... I think you should do a tutorial on it.

Comment

I have no issue finding it and never have. So personally I don't think anything needs to be changed. But I use the computer all day every day, so I'm pretty good with it. I know there are those who are not.

Heather
          🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

I think it is easy to find the way it is. I always just click on forums and on the weekly giveaway and look for the most recent week. It's easy, peasy! LOL I love the free giveaway and I love that I have found Missouri Store Quilt Co. I am a newbie at quilting and I must say that this is the best site for tutorials and ideas for quick,easy quilts. I LOVE this site!

Comment

Thanks for the info - I was confused on what I was looking for. This helps.

Comment

I got it now. Go to weekly giveaway aka The fabric free for all.Read the latest question and what you can win and ta daaaa. Thanks I needed that....

Comment

I don't go looking for it, but when there is a new one there are a lot of posts and I see them on the Forums page, right side, and so I know to select one of the replies and I get to the giveaway. So since I don't have time to read everything, sometimes I miss one.

Comment

i havnt been able to find it at all.. maybe im not looking hard enough but i really dont where i am suposed to be looking.. but im with everyone else.. I love free fabric!

Comment

I am with a few of the others; can you put a "sticky" that keeps the current giveaway thread marked. The date does help. You can also condense it to 1/7/11 if you decide not to delete the other entries. Then we know we have the right week in the right year!
                      Cathy
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

When I was new to the board I had trouble finding it. But now that I know where it is I don't. I can see how a sticky is right in your face so to speak so you can't miss it. Good Deal.

Comment

Hmmm I was just thinking (look out..) What about a sticky across the top by :Forum, Groups, Quilter's Daily Deal, What's new, Quilting Tutorials etc.

Comment

It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!

Comment

I don't have a problem finding it. However, I can see how it might be confusing. There are several great suggestions. Whatever you decide, I will find it.

Happy Sewing,
                              Rae

Comment

Originally posted by alaskancrafter View Post
                                It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!
                                Hi Anchorage...
                                This link may help. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+quilting&aq=2.
                                Once I learned to do this, I was hooked
                                I sure miss Alaska. My cousins grew up just across the puddle in Sitka, & I haven't visited for a while.
                                Posting pix of your projects here is ALWAYS encouraged. We all love to see what each other is working on.
                                Happy quilting!
                                If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X