This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

I can find it easily now. As long as there is a number on it so you know which one to answer is ok with me. I can see not deleting them right away as there are some good ideas other people could use in the answers. Congratulations to the new winner and enjoy your prize.
    Thank you MSQC for even giving us a giveaway. If someone is lost because they are new, All they have to do is ask and they will be told how to get there. That's how I learned. Maybe putting the week that's new in Bold text and the rest in regular text is ok by me.
    You all do such a great job for us, Thank you. Nice work! lol Hugs, Jan L
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

About finding the weekly question or topic ..... I feel the suggestions ckmama made, above, would be an easier method to follow to encourage more individuals to participate & join in on the giveaway theads . Some of us are not as computer savy as others.

Comment

I too can usually find it by checking the "What's New" in the community posts. Sometimes it takes so long that I ignore it. The ladies have good ideas for continuing the give away. Deleting the old posts would be best. Thanks for not giving up. dmt

Comment

Originally posted by craftyrad View Post
          I can usually find it quickly, but sometimes someone replies to an older thread and it then jumps to the top. Then there may be other replies from people who don't realize that the giveway is finished. Is there a way to lock a thread once the giveaway is over?
          I agree with this, lock or remove the thread if possible and start the new "weekly" thread. Sometimes you do have to do some searching to find the right one and, especially to someone new who doesn't know that more often than not, it isn't "weekly" so they aren't sure if they are responding to the right one or not.
          This is so generous of the MSQC to have this giveaway and with your new billboard you will probably get many more members! I applaud you for working on the "growing pains" that come along with the continued growth of your business!
          patti
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I've just started using the forum and I'll admit it was confusing to find. You may want a link on your main website "Missouri Star Quilt Company".

What I found helpful was having it in bold and capital letters. It took me awhile to distinguish which was the main post, so maybe labeling it "Main Post" :-).

Comment

I think I can find it hummm FREE OK!!! Hummm FABRIC OK!!! Yes I can Yes I can.
              No matter what this site is way toooo much fun!!!
              I SHOULD BE SEWING, not typing,
              but you can't have everything can ya!!!
              Oh happy daze!!!
              Jan G
              Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
              THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
              :lol:

Comment

I don't have any trouble finding it. The words Free and Fabric I can find. But if you could lock past post on already done giveaways so people can't post on them would be good or deleting old post. Other than that I don't have a problem.

Lynne Leavell

Comment

Never had a problem finding it. Thanks for doing the giveaways however often, they're a cute idea!
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I don't have a problem finding it either......FREE always makes me look.....
                    Congrats to the latest winner......
                    bopeep
                    sigpic

Comment

New to site, but I didn't have any trouble finding the question. So I would say leave it the way it is. But I was confused about how long it lasted. Week, Month??

Comment

Well I'm knew to the forum. I don't think its hard to find (if I found it). I just scrolled down to the one titled weekly giveaway.

Comment

I'm so excited to find this forum. It's becoming as addictive as Facebook! I think the thread's pretty easy to navigate, but the starting over with numbers is a good idea and maybe deleting the previous year's thread could help others, too?
                          Lin
                          Lin

Comment

I don't have any problems finding the Weekly Giveaway thread. Once I read the introduction thread I was a ok! I think what can be a little confusing is that each week we are looking for a new giveaway thread so when that doesn't happen some may feel that they had missed something or the giveaway is in a different location.

Comment

I know how to find the "weekly" giveaway, but I do know that newbies to forums have trouble navigating. I just don't have any suggestions to make it easier. <G>

Comment

Seeing the word FREE helps me find it!

Comment

Working...
                                X