This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 14- Go BIG, or Go home!

Congratulations kannrich! You're the winner of the Clementine charm pack!!

This week I want you to tell me the biggest quilt you've made! Are you a little project person? Or do you just dive right in to the big kahunas?!

Me, I get a little nervous on anything bigger than a baby quilt. Are my seams straight enough? Did I measure this stuff right?? You know... useless worries for the most part.

Share with us this week for your chance to win a Harmony Charm Pack!

Re: Week 14- Go BIG, or Go home!

I just started quilting a couple of months ago. I made a playard quilt, two lap quilts, now I am heading for the big guns. I figure its practice I am sure that it will have faults but everyone I give these to do not sew and do not know the difference

Comment

I've been quilting for about four months and the largest project thus far is 48"x48". It's a quilt for my "soon to join the family" nephew. I wanted to do something that my sister could keep in the car and throw down anywhere.

Now I'm piecing a project now that I think will end up being Twin Size.

Comment

My biggest (in terms of difficulty) was the Cosmati II from Norah McMeeking's book Bella Bella. I did it in all batiks and the whole thing was paper pieced and circular. It was quite the challenge, but I was so happy with the end result.

Comment

Haha! My biggest is still not done yet! It was supposed to be Queen but with all my borders it fits great on the King downstairs... I've been married 10 years started it somewhere around year 2-3 and it still is held together with pins! The top is sewn and I started hand quilting it and that stopped me flat I tell you what I will cheer the day I finish that one, and I will probably force you all to cheer with me! Here's to someday!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I have only been quilting seven months. My biggest project so far has been a baby quilt. I am planning to make a bigger quilt soon.
            sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

I love big quilts, my most made size is probably a large queen. I have made king size. I even made a hand pieced grandmother flower garden in a LARGE King! I live where it gets very cold in the winter--so my girlfriend calls my quilts "house insulation". But if I'm going to go to the work of making a quilt, it might as well be a big one! Baby quilts, although nice, drive me crazy because you put the same amount of work into one little quilt. I often piece them two or four at a time, and load them on the long arm in pairs!

Comment

I haven't done anything bigger than a twin size until now, and I am currently attempting a big queen and a small king. I am doing a large queen for Old Red Barn Co's quilt along, and a small king for my mother for crazymomquilts's nine patch quilt along. I am VERY nervous about quilting them. I don't have the money to go to a long arm quilter so I will have to figure out how to do it on my own!

Comment

Oh my goodness thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I HEART Clementine by Me and My Sister!!!

I am a little project kinda girl. I like things that are finished quickly. I've started a queen size pinwheel quilt, blogged about it earlier... started setting it together without sashes and then got feed back saying you'll regret not sashing... oopsy... so I am at a stand still until I take out the eight large blocks that I have set together and redo them with sashes... and then the question becomes... what do I use for sashes... Sarah has assured me that she ordered the perfect fabric for my little dilemma.
                  Keep on Crafting!
                  ~Kimberly

Comment

My very first quilt was a queen size. It was a Quilt in a Day Log Cabin so it was the turn and tie method. Still have it and use it. Three of my latest have been long twin size and a baby quilt. Only the most recent have I actually quilted myself.

Comment

I am newer to quilting, so I have been doing smaller quilts, mostly lap quilts. I am trying to remind myself that a bigger quilt isn't harder just more. I am hoping to tackle a queen size for our bed soon-that way mistakes will only be seen by me : )

Comment

Attended my first Quilt Show, I was overwhelmed! Large and small, every color and pattern you could think of but couldn't stop thinking of just how "talented and gifted" these quilters are. One quilter had said it had taken her 6 yrs. to finish her quilt. I swallowed hard and thought of my little bag that I've been working on using jelly rolls and stitching in the ditch. Still not done, setting at the sewing machine just waiting to be finished! Simply no excuse after seeing months and years of dedication put into these projects! But I guess I'm hooked. Can't wait for the next show and "tonight" the little bag is going to get done! Wish me luck!

Comment

Big "is" beautiful. I try to keep it small, really I do, but then the fabric just keeps whispering to me, "USE ME", "USE ME"! How can I stop myself. And then you have an orphan block that is looking for a home. How can she be left out? And then you find this great border piece that can be incorporated somehow I'm sure. O.K. I have no self-control when it comes to quilting, and I am proud of it! KWheeler

Comment

I've made 2 baby quilts so far. I have another top made ready to quilt. I definetly have the quilting "BUG". Even things that have nothing to do with quilting remind me of quilt patterns. I was watching a t.v. program that had a interesting wall pattern...Hmmm..I was working it into a quilt block in my head I've been trying out various string quilt block lately. Lots of fun!
                            Diane

Comment

The only size of have ever made is lap size. Usually about 30 9 1/2 inch blocks plus borders. I don't know if I could make a bigger one and not get bored of making the same block over and over. I get inpatient! I like the lap size because they get down rather quickly (especially the pattern that I use) and I get to try out new fabrics with each and every one that I make.

Maybe someday when I retired, I will have time for the big guys but for now - small it has to be!
                              Niki

Comment

Working...
                              X