This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 62 - Dec 17th

My favorite holiday food is my mother-in-law's banana bread. I don't make it any other time of year, mostly because it is soooo high calorie. What makes this banana bread special? It has no nuts (daughter is allergic), and it has butterscotch chips and maraschino cherries. It is the best banana bread I have ever had. The other thing I love at Christmas time is peppermint bark. I love that stuff.

Comment

Everyone is making my mouth water with their favorite Holiday foods. For me it is what I call "Ora Bell's Date Pudding". So rich and creamy. Ora Bell was one of my mother's best friends and I had to really beg to get her recipe. Every spoonful must contain about 5,000 calories and that is without topping it with fresh whipped cream.

Another favorite of mine is a chocolate pudding cake. Whipped up like a regular cake, it forms its own pudding on the bottom. It has been a while since I've made that one though. Maybe I'd best dig the recipe back out and make it for an upcoming birthday.

Yum from NW MO.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

One item we must have after xmas dinner is queso blanco and quava paste. my dad is spanish and it's a special treat for all of us and a nice way to celebrate his culture with my children during the holidays

Comment

My Grandmother makes a homemade chex mix like noone else.

She puts a cup of bacon fat on it. YUMMY!!! it is the best thing you've ever had, it is so addictive.

Comment

We have to have homemade tamales for breakfast on Christmas (my dad was from Guatemala). He's been gone for ten years and we toast him before enjoying them.

Comment

I'm so glad to read of more confusion than just me on this thread...I was beginning to think it was only me. I think we are still on December 17th - Week 62. Is that so?

Could I suggest a new year might mean a new thread? Could we begin week #1 for 2011, rather than just keep adding on to this one, page after page. Then, each week could represent the week of the year, or one per month, having 52 or 12 give aways. It would make it easy to find the most recent topic answering the most recent question. Could that work?

If there is a NEW week for 2011...could it be called GIVE AWAY 2011 and week #1?

It might help some of us keep track more effectively, congratulate the winner immediately, and be ready for a new topic.
              I hope this is taken as a suggestion and not criticism. I claim ignorance in all this technology! Also, please forgive the fumbling around the internet in ignorance. It might be my own confusion that makes me search each time for a new topic. You know, I'd rather be sewing! Debi

Comment

Debi I agree...My life is confusing enough as it is...lol!
                sigpic
                Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

In my home town of South Bend, IN a local candy company makes a treat called Chocolate Charlie- chocolate, marshmallow and peanuts. It is only made at Christmas. At home we make fudge and christmas cookies- gingerbread and sugar cookie cutouts.

Comment

I am so confused that I have never found the weekly question.

Comment

I finally found the weekly giveaway! Our must have is Christmas Breakfast (now brunch) with Puffed Pancakes, fruit, special Mexican eggs and our annual treat of bacon. Our children are now grown with in-laws so we have to share every other holiday, (which I hate), so I call everyone in the morning to let them know what they are missing .

Comment

Is there a new question and where do you find it? I am totally lost on this.

Comment

I am so glad I was not the only one who was confused about this I thought it was just me. Thank you for this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X