This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 62 - Dec 17th

Congratulations to sewmuchjan! She won the Bella Solids Black Charm Pack by Moda Fabrics! We hope you enjoy your charm pack since you black friday'd right here with us! (too bad about the alfalfa)

Oh my goodness only 8 days till christmas eve! I've been in the kitchen cooking all day (already? I Know!) I have to start candy early or there'll be no time the week of! so I thought while I'm head over heels in sugar and chocolate why don't you tell me what food is a must have for your holiday and just for sharing that little bit of yummy goodness you'll get the chance to win the
    Sweet Tart Quilt Pattern by Thimble Blossoms !
    Hurray for all the yummy goodness Christmas and the holidays bring!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Week 62 - Dec 17th

Holiday have to have.

My sister in law makes thins green stuff. I call it green Yello salad.

First you make Lime yell-o Just add HOT water. Befire you add to refergator. add 1 can cruched pineapple ( whole can Juice too) and a tub of cottage cheese and 2 blocks for cream cheese Cut into small pices ( so they will melt).

After you get it out of the refergator add cool whip. she makes it the night before and adds cool whip when we are ready to eat it. OH my it is so YUMMMMMY.

This is a have to have at any holiday

Comment

Cookies! Must have cutout cookies(my grandma's recipe) and kifli(cookies from the other Grandma) and of course "hard tack" candy.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

We have to have fudge and cut out cookies with buttercream frosting! Ymmmm! On Christmas morning, we have chicken tamales.

Comment

Congratulations to sewmuchjan!!

Can everyone post where they are from while they are posting what they must have for Christmas? Not everyone has their location by their name and I think that would be interesting to see where some of these foods are coming from.

Christmas cookies are a must here in PA. And a pineapple flavored bread. Yum!

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

We eat Goup every holiday. It is cream cheese with blue cheese and black olive and onion all mixed together. It is Yummy.
            I live in Illinois around Rockford area
            Last edited by Pie54; December 18, 2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Congrats sewmuchjan!

My grandmother's rum cake (that has set a day or so!), fudge, divinity and of course, Texas Trash!
              Shelia

Comment

Congrats sewmuchjan!

Living in Louisiana, we have to have our seafood gumbo and Oyster dressing, and pralines!
                Of course, any type of sweet is allowed! LOL!

Comment

Our must haves are my dads fudge that he made when i was a child and the cookies my mom made. Homemade Chex mix, Toffee and peanut brittle. Hubby and I love getting together in the kitchen and making the candy. He doesn't do cookies. Im on my own there. Wed I will be baking with my grandchild for the first time. I can't wait!
                  Patrice

Comment

Originally posted by goonybird View Post
                    Congrats sewmuchjan!

Living in Louisiana, we have to have our seafood gumbo and Oyster dressing, and pralines!
                    Of course, any type of sweet is allowed! LOL!
                    How do you make Oyster dressing? I had it once when I was in California and it was soo good! Do you have a recipe of sorts? I'm the pinch of this and a dash of that kinda cook but I will follow a recipe too. Thanks, Jan
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

We have to have my Mom's fudge and my Grandmothers fruit salad. It's made with real whip creme yum! My Grandmothers sausage stuffing. And sweet potato souffle. Love it!
                      Have a very merry Christmas everyone. Love, Jan L
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Congrats on the charm pack, Sewmuchjan. Those solid precuts sure do come in handy!

My family always had roast beef with Yorkshire Pudding - which isn't a pudding as we think of one in the U.S. You can Google "yorkshire pudding" for pics and recipes and boy! It is sure good! Anyone else ever have it? How do you make yours? I pour batter over drippings plus at least one stick of butter and cook at 400 for about 40 minutes or until it's a deep golden brown. Yum! Batter is 4 eggs, 4 cups milk and 2 cups flour, pinch of salt. Not a heart healthy dish. I eat mine with butter but I serve brown gravy also as some prefer it.
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I have to have my mother's fruitcake. She's 93, and swears this is the last year she's going to make it, so I may have to make it next year. I always make butter balls (Mexican wedding cookies) for Christmas, and usually several other kinds of cookies also. Our neighborhood has had a cookie exchange for 23 years, so there are always new recipes to try.
                          Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

I'm a transplanted Nebraska farmgirl living in a log cabin in the mountains of Oregon. Paint me happy.

Christmas food traditions included homemade mincemeat pie, suet pudding and spice cookies ----- yes we LIKE desserts

just joined the forum today

oyster dressing is wonderful - just had some for Thanksgiving

Comment

where about in Oregon do you live ? I live on the coast, North Bend.

Comment

Working...
                              X