This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 61 - Nov 26th

Congratulations to thrums! She won the Pungkin Peers Charm pack by Studio E Fabrics! We wish you the best of luck with your next 1,999 projects!

So I'm sure it's quite obvious that when I say this is week 61 the term "week" is relative. But for the start of this new giveaway cycle I'm honoring the end of Black Friday with a Bella Solids Black Charm Pack by Moda Fabrics!

To win this charm pack I want to know what everyone did this black friday! I was up at midnight then again at 3 and have been trying to sneak a nap ever since I got home at 6! Of course it doesn't help that the night before I was up baking until 3! Two 3am nights in a row does not a happy girl make Of course having all my Christmas shopping done makes me smile!

What about you?
    Did you shop? Are you a 3 am person or did you wait till 7 to avoid all the crazies? Or did you sit at home laughing to yourself thinking of all the people sleep walking out in the cold fighting over a 5 dollar barbie doll!

Whatever you did, hope it was great!
    Talk to you all next week!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; November 26, 2010, 06:26 PM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Week 61 - Nov 26th

Always had to work on black fridays but this year had off for onces. Thought going to go get a few small things,after all how bad can it be. Well got there and not one shopping cart to be had. Thought glad they are all small things. Took me 5 mins to get my things,but waited in line for 45 mins to cheek out,didnt know so many people lived in my small town,people were every where. Waiting in line and just my luck fire alarm goes off, praying the fire was in the back so i could cheek out and run to the car fast. Ecaped with my items and said next year i will beg people to let me work for them,never again!!!! Later called 2 of my kids and went to the show and thankful i made it thru the one and only black friday for me!!

Comment

I worked, but even if I hadn't, I wouldn't have went out. It's just too crazy out there for me!

Comment

Being north of the border we don't have Black Friday....I can tell you how jeleous I am of all the sales...we never have sales as good as you guys and I am in Heaven every time I shop in the US...but it was fun to see all the great deals on line and on the boards that people got..

Comment

Congratulations Thrums, I went once to a black Friday event. Never again!! I don't even go to the malls from now until after Christmas.....way after Christmas. Like maybe spring time! I avoid shopping unless a store is open all night. Then I will go at 11p.m. or after when 5 other people are shopping. That's how I shop. That and online. It's much quieter and I only listen to Christmas carols when I feel like it. Of course I love Christmas carols and drive my husband crazy with them. But on my time, not constantly. I feel sorry for the workers of stores at this time of year. They have to listen to Christmas carols nonstop and deal with grumpy people. To them I toast with my glass of eggnog, for patience and goodwill and to thank them for all their hard and nonstop work. And I wish them never to deal with the Scrooges. Hug, Jan
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I tried to stay home and finish a quilt, but had to go to the fabric store to buy backing for it.
            I didn't go until late afternoon, and it was still crazy.

Shorti

Comment

Congratulations Thrums!
              I stay home and sew. I went shopping 2 times in my lifetime on Black Friday and am happy to say that you won't see me out there again. Part of the problem is I don't like to shop, period, unless, of course I am in a quilt shop. Even there, if they had a madness sale and the place was packed with great prices, I would stay away.
              I have most of my gifts already - I get them throughout the year when I see something I think someone would enjoy and if it's on sale, which it usually is, that's even better. I store them away in one place so I can find them and have them all wrapped about 2 weeks before Christmas.
              I have been known to procrastinate but there is nothing better than being ready for the holidays ahead of time and then I can relax and enjoy the season for what it really is for.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Thanks for selecting my name. I'm sooo happy!

I spent the day online looking for bargains here and there.

Additionally I'm working on a quilt project and used Excel as my grid (I created square cells). I copied, pasted and resized fabric swatches to see if they would work in my pattern.

j.

Comment

I used to go to some Black Friday sales, I don't have the desire to now. Plus, don't have the money either. LOL! I don't like the craziness of it though...

Comment

I did some online shopping but that's about all. I did not want to fight the crowds

Comment

I ordered the daily deal, does that count? And took a friend to buy a Hess truck - the gas station was not crowded. Oh and bought some pet medicine online. I've done the early morning thing years ago and even though I'm a morning person 3 AM is just tooooo early!

Comment

I took my mom, sister and niece out shopping. The traffic and crowds were not too bad. I scored a great deal on a new iron and rotary cutter

Happy Sewing,
                        Rae

Comment

Congrats Thum.

My intent was to stay home and get quilt tops finished. My daughter-in-law and I went to our local quilt shop and bought stuff to do a quilt for my new grandson due in April. While there I picked up the list for shop hop next year in our area and saw I had a new quilt shop and my daughter, two grandsons and I went and checked it out. Then came home and finished one quilt top. Two to go.

Happy quilting.

Lynne

Comment

...congrats Thrums....did not go shopping but did end up at an outlet mall in Anthem Arizona to see the tallest tree in the US...it was beautiful....fortunately, not too crowded...

Comment

CONGRATS TO THRUMS!!!! YAHOO for you! Well ladies in a moment of pure weakness I agreed to go Black Friday shopping. I normally dont go. Well the day started at 1am and I didnt get home until 5pm. I will not do that again. My sissys better be lucky that I love them like I do cause I will not do it again. To much stress. Thank goodness not alot of at the places I went. (But then again I went with my sissys and mom, lol). Well today is gonna be a veggie day. Happy Saturday all!!!!!
                              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                              PAULA

Comment

Working...
                              X