This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 59 - Oct 24th

Congrats to ljulson51 who won last weeks giveaway for That Purple Thang by Lynn Graves we're all happy you made it into the bomb safe plastic packaging! (Go read her post... I've so been there!)

I don't know if you guys enjoyed reading those as much as I did but I couldn't stop smiling! I don't generally get angry about alot but seeing all the pet peeves and not having to go on and on about them was fun! I can relate to almost every one of them!

This week let's play with some happier times! My mom is headed to quilt market this weekend to share some new patterns that she and Jan Patek have put together! I'm so excited for her! So to celebrate lets' play for 1 Remembrance Charm Pack by Brannon and Patek and tell me your favorite Jenny moment! If you don't have one go pick a tutorial!

By the way my mom's a whistler!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Week 59 - Oct 24th

My favorite Jenny tutorial is watching her with her granddaughter. Gently helping and suggesting, but really letting her granddaughter have her moment and shine.

Comment

I loved the time Jenny said she was going to the "ironing machine". That cracked me up. So been there done that moment. The best is just all Jenny. She teaches so well. Makes me feel like I could do anything. She is just the best person ever. How many "REAL" teachers are there? Jenny is just one that has been blessed with that gift. Thank you Jenny, without you I wouldn't be quilting. Love, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I really like all of her tutorials but my favorite has to be the "Holloween Pumpkin One" she just did...The story is so cute and charming and you can picture her telling stories to her grandchildren and children for that matter. She has this way about her that makes you want to listen. Not too commanding but one you pay attention too for you know what she is going to say ...is..Important
        One Moment at a time

Comment

I can't remember which tut it was but the one I think is great is when she cuts the fabric and every time it doesn't cut all the way through. She very calmly says "That happens in the shop sometimes" and continues on with her directions. Others might lose it and get nervous or stop but not our Jenny. She just cuts till it is done each time. We love you Jenny!!!
          Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I have 2 favorite 'Jenny' moments.....where she is counting to cut and says really low "don't leave my counting in" and when pressing blocks for the Tube Tutorial "always to the dark side". Just the way she says it is sooo funny, and it sticks in your head so much that now when I am pressing blocks, I hear her saying it! LOL LOL
            Looking forward to many many more 'Jenny' moments!
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

I am a new Jenny fan and love to recall how wonderful it was to walk in to MSQC for the first time and feel such a welcome by Jenny! Without hesitation, she personally led me to her cutting table to show "the coolest shortcut ever"! I felt so special in my personal one-on-one pillowcase tutorial because she valued my presence in her shop through her visit with me, showing me so many cool and helpful products! With a genuine friendliness, she passed on her love of quilting. Her enthusiasm bubbled over and even though I knew she taught that tutorial hundreds of times, her excitement was contagious as she held up her finished creation!
              On our SEW & SHARE day, I tried to emulate Jenny as I demonstrated the circle cutter she encouraged me to purchase on that first visit. I didn't cut through all my fabric either. Oh, well...it was definitely a "Jenny moment"! My friend captured (unknown to me) on video my "Jenny excitement" for a finished product! http://dixieandthechicks.blogspot.co.../10/video.html
              "chuckle!"
              "Imitation is the best form of admiration!"
              Jenny definitely made me fall in love with quilting, cutting, and creating. I love watching any of her tutorials because she is so "Jenny" in each one of them. It's a privilege to know her personally! Debi

Comment

I can easily pick my favorite Jenny moment. It is the tube quilting video that refired my quilting desires. I had forgotten how satisfying quilting is and how many crafty techniques there are just waiting to be tried. I'd love to work with the Remembrance charm pack. What fun inspiration that would be!

oxo

Comment

I love all the Jenny tutorials! My favorite is the pumpkin one - I felt like I was sitting there in front of her listening to a ghost story. I can't wait to meet her!!!!! She is an inspiration.
                  Shirley
                  Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I love all of Jenny's tutorials and have watched them many, many times. It is because of Jenny's patient instruction and wonderful sense of humor that I am so addicted to quilting now. If I had to pick one favorite moment, it would have to be the tutorial for the Friendship Braid using the Binding Tool. Jenny is cutting the strips and one end didn't cut all the way through and Jenny says, "More Pressure!" I catch myself saying it all the time.

Thanks Jenny and all the girls at MSQC. Although we have never met, I feel like I've known you for years.

Teresa

Comment

i like all of Jenny's tutes but her halloween story was special!

Comment

Congrats to the winner!

I have lots of fav moments, with the "don't leave my counting in" as one of the best, especially since that is probably why it was left in!
                        What I really enjoy is seeing how Jenny has progressed from the nervous, kind of "scattered-speech-because-I-am being-recorded" to the confident "You-Tube-rock-star-to-the-quilter" icon that she has become.
                        Having had the pleasure of meeting Jenny and the staff at MSQC, I know that they are just as warm and wonderful in person as they appear on screen.
                        Congrats Jenny on inspiring so many new (and seasoned) quilters to the art of quilting!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I always enjoy watching Jennie. Since I have a passion for stars, I enjoy those tutorials more... I have learned sooo much watching the tutorials here.

Comment

Since I am a newbie and living in Mexico I LOVE all of Jenny's tutorials. I have joined the quilt guild here, but it is mostly in spanish and I am anything but fluent. But with Jenny up on my laptop beside my sewing machine I feel like I am getting personal quilting lessons at my on pace and my time schedule. Jenny has been a true sanity saver since I discovered her about a month ago. I am getting the binding fabric for a charity quilt this coming weekend while we are home and I know that she will be there to help me make the binding process go smoothly.

Cheryl
                            Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

My favorite video is the one "Make a Baby quilt part 3"- Preparing and Quilting your Baby Quilt.
                              I love the part at 0.25- 0.28 where she stumbles for words (we all do it) Thanks for leaving it that way. That gives your videos character. Keep the Videos coming
                              Last edited by sewsoft; October 25, 2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X