This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 10- Moda-holics???

Congratulations are in order for scrapperdeb. She's brand new to our forum and she's ALSO this week's winner! Woohoo!, your Woodland Bloom Charm Pack will be headed your way soon.

Now, on to new things... We all love Moda. They're fabulous right?! But it seems to me like there are a lot of great "non-Moda" line's out right now that we should be talking about, SO I want to know... What fabric did you last buy that WASN'T Moda?!?!

This week there are two ways to get your extra entry. Either link to somewhere we can see a picture of the fabric you bought OR just go ahead and upload a pic right to your post. Easy-peasy!

And for the prize, well...

It's a surprise!
    Sarah is picking this week, so you know it'll be fabulous!

Re: Week 10- Moda-holics???

My most recent fabric purchase was from Free Spirit, designed by Heather Ross:

Plus two vintage sheets, and a coordinating print (along the top) that I don't know the designer of. I also bought 2 yards of Heather Ross fabric with the dogs all over it! I am loving her stuff and was so thrilled to find it in the bargain section at my local quilt store. They are having their annual open house tomorrow and I have set aside my spare cash (credit card stays at home!)

Comment

Wow! I just bought some today for a mini quilt swap I'm participating in but I have no idea what it is! ops: Here's a pic though [attachment=0:1bl9iy48]100_0548.JPG[/attachment:1bl9iy48] Maybe someone else knows... maybe it's to old... I have no idea! I guess I'll have to go back to the quilt shop. darn.
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

My most recent purchase was a Moda marble, but I also love the the Red Rooster line. I picked these two fabrics for my next quilt, using a pattern called "chinese puzzle blocks". The coral is a Marcus brothers fabric.

Comment

I am a Proud Moda-holic working on building a stash of Butterfly Fling...Wow this month I have spent way too much, but the end result will be fantastic. I did work on Two quilts in April for the "Realy for Life" night(last Friday) both quilts were raffled off and the proceeds went to the program. One was " Love and Harmony" Plus "Gail" which both fabric lines have part of the sale proceed going to a cancer charity. The other was a fabric line by MBT

I do have picture of both, but I am not savvy enogh to figure out how to post them online. I will have to research this once I am not in sewing mode(maybe someone can PM me- if you have figured it out).
          Today is sewing Saturday!!!
          Enjoy!

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...62280_93262280
          http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...62280_93262280
          Happy Quilting
          Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am new here, just posted a little info on the General Discussion board. LOVE the Deal of the Day feature and now this...a chance at FREE FABRIC??? How can you beat that???

One of my most recent purchases that was NOT Moda fabric (because my MOST recent purchase WAS Moda ) was Rebel Roses by Anka's Treasures (Henry Glass Fabrics). It is actually for a skirt for my college aged daughter.

Okay, I need help posting the photo. :? I have tried about 4 different things and none of them are working.

So I will post a link to the fabric, maybe that will work???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3538179612/

Comment

These fabrics are from the "A Beautiful Time", "Bella Rosa" by Debbie Beaves, "Gossamer Petals" by Danhui Nai for South Sea Imports and "Floral Impressions Petite Florals" fabric collections These fabrics are from the "A Beautiful Time", "Bella Rosa" by Debbie Beaves, "Gossamer Petals" by Danhui Nai for South Sea Imports and "Floral Impressions Petite Florals" fabric collections.

I loved this combo when i seen it,,,,,,,,,,,thats my fav for the week,,,,,I do like Moda, but there is so much more out there,,,,,,,Since i have three girl grand daughters pink seems to be my fav lately, lol,,,,,

Maybe we can get our Sara to make a lttle tutorial on how to post pictures to the FORUM for the ladies that are new to forums,,,,,,,,,,,,, it can be very challenging when you first start,,,beleive me, i know, lolol,,,,,,

hugs
              flo
              ~~~SMILES-ARE-FREE~~~~PLANT DAILY~~~

Comment

I'm very new to quilting so I don't really pay any attention to the line or designer.
                Fabric just jumps off the shelf at me.
                I really enjoy finding something fabulous and then taking on the challenge of discovering
                what fabrics I will find to go with it.

I love quilting/fabric shops!

Comment

wait a second....we can purchase material that isn't MODA???? Blasphemer.....

if I were to splurge and purchase non-Moda fabrics it would of course be something from the new MIchael Miller lines that just came out at quilt market......love the patterns and bright colors....reminds me of the 70s

favorite line would be jewel tones...here are some of my fave prints from the line

Michele

Comment

Ooh shell! love it! Those Michael Miller prints are fabulous!

Oh, and please excuse the blasphemy ops: MODA is amazing we all know! RIGHT!

Comment

First, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for the win last week. I'm looking forward to receiving the Woodland Bloom!! Love it!

As far as fabric, I think my last non-Moda purchase was Andover Fabric: The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I bought 4 main panels and all the yardage to make 4 of the caterpillar quilts, one for each of my four children. One is married and has a 5 month old, so that one will get sewn first and mailed 13 hours away along with The Very Hungry Caterpillar book and a CD of me (GrannyDeb) reading the book to him. The other three 20-somethings aren't married yet and still live at home, so their caterpillar quilt will go in their hope chests for their future first child. I'm thinking ahead...fun first projects on the new Bernina.

**Here's a link to the fabric: http://andoverfabrics.com/OurCatalog/Si ... aterpillar

Comment

Scrapperdeb! That is fantastic fabric! :P I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar! What lucky grandbaby's that fabric is definitely hope chest worthy!

Comment

I am a big fan of Heather Ross. I love her far far away line, and the mendocino mermaids. I also love Denise Schmidts flea market fancy, and katie jumps rope! anna maria horner, paula prass, jospehine kimberling, patty young, Yeah, I am a fabric addict... ops:

Comment

I just purchased a fat quarter bundle of Feathered Friends by Wendy Slotboom for In The Beginning fabric.
                            [attachment=0:1haz4j5c]Feathered Friends.jpg[/attachment:1haz4j5c]

I am looking for something special to do with it, but in the meantime, I will just enjoy looking at it!

Comment

Well, since I'm new to this whole quilting phenomenon, I'm still learning about fabrics. I've mostly stuck with Moda thus far, but someone on another forum I visit posted this little gem the other day...and I love it! It's so delicate and spring-y...and will definitely be something I'll be purchasing in the near future!

http://www.calicocorners.com/product...aviary+moss.do

Comment

Working...
                              X