• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitchywoman
    replied
    Re: Week 9- Money, Money, Money

Originally posted by rougealar
    Definately good fabric and lots of different cutting tools. Sometimes I think I'm going to own every ruler know to man
    Love it!

edgesmom has a good point too, splurging or good spending... hmm....

Personally I love to buy fat quarters! Splurging for me is on precuts and full yards!

Leave a comment:

• rougealar
    replied

Definately good fabric and lots of different cutting tools. Sometimes I think I'm going to own every ruler know to man

Leave a comment:

• edgesmom
    replied

As a beginning quilter, I am willing to splurge on good fabric. The advise from my Mom was to get good fabric! So I am willing to spend a little more and have a nice quilt that will last generations! I am also looking for quilting tools, so I'm not sure if any spending I am doing is splurging or just good shopping..... I am so excited about the give away and the deal of the day, I'm thinking they will help me support a quilting habit that is sure to develop!

Leave a comment:

• niki
    replied

Originally posted by scrapperdeb
    Hi! I'm new to the Forum as of tonight! And this is the perfect question for me to answer for my first weekly giveaway. Because....drum roll please....I splurged and just bought a new Bernina sewing machine after using a $45 yard sale one I purchased about 10 years ago. So, I don't feel that I've gone overboard at all. It was definitely a treat to myself, and I'm loving it!! I think I will enjoy this forum. Thanks!
    What a great splurge! You definitely earned it after using the last sewing machine. This is a great board, everyone is so friendly and helpful. Welcome!!
    Niki

Leave a comment:

• scrapperdeb
    replied

Hi! I'm new to the Forum as of tonight! And this is the perfect question for me to answer for my first weekly giveaway. Because....drum roll please....I splurged and just bought a new Bernina sewing machine after using a $45 yard sale one I purchased about 10 years ago. So, I don't feel that I've gone overboard at all. It was definitely a treat to myself, and I'm loving it!! I think I will enjoy this forum. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Misty
    replied

Angie- Welcome, Welcome! We have fun around here huh!?

MdMickey- Your girls are darling! How exciting that you're diving in to quilting! Like shell said, be sure to check out the tutorials. They're a life saver! Your girls are adorable!

Shell- Your binding picture cracked me up!! So like me, and who cares!? The quilt turned out great!

Laine- Oh sales... how I love thee! It's a problem right?! We do have a sale EVERYDAY around here... I'm just sayin

Everyone else- you guys rock! Who would have thought talkin' about money would bring everyone out of the woodwork!?!? I LOVE IT!

Leave a comment:

• Laine
    replied

I'm rather new to this quilting addiction and this forum. My weakness is sale items, especially quilting tools, so I guess that is where I have been splurging. I'm not sure why but if it says its on sale and by some odd chance I might have a coupon I have to find something to purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Leezard
    replied

I like to splurge on most any fabric that has to do with farms and tools to help with my quilting-rulers, scissors, bias tape makers...

Leave a comment:

• DanielaK
    replied

Originally posted by niki
    Originally posted by sbonetsue
    I'm a quilt book and magazine addict. I don't want to ever figure out how much I actually spend per year. I learned a long time ago if I subscribe to magazines my husband complains about the cost but never notices if I buy the magazines at full pop at the grocery store. And don't let me near Amazon.com.
    I am with you, I am so hooked on magazines too! My favorite is Quilts and more, but I also pick up Fons and Porter, and whatever catches my eye at the grocery store. My husband does not notice subscriptions, but he sure does when I put three magazines in the grocery cart! So, I make it to the grocery store a couple of times a week anyway, so I buy them one at a time, nobody notices!
    Niki
    I love quilting mags as well. I have found "Quick Quilts" to have fun quick projects. I have made a few of the purse project that " Quilt and More" put out a few issue back. They are so fun. My coworkers are always checking to see if I have a new purse.

Leave a comment:

• niki
    replied

Originally posted by sbonetsue
    I'm a quilt book and magazine addict. I don't want to ever figure out how much I actually spend per year. I learned a long time ago if I subscribe to magazines my husband complains about the cost but never notices if I buy the magazines at full pop at the grocery store. And don't let me near Amazon.com.
    I am with you, I am so hooked on magazines too! My favorite is Quilts and more, but I also pick up Fons and Porter, and whatever catches my eye at the grocery store. My husband does not notice subscriptions, but he sure does when I put three magazines in the grocery cart! So, I make it to the grocery store a couple of times a week anyway, so I buy them one at a time, nobody notices!
    Niki

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by mdmickey
    This week I will splurge on some charm packs and make my new dd a quilt for the first time. I am new to this but she will not care I am an over 40 mom with two college students and the new surprise so money is tight but I need some kind of hobby Her is a pic of both my daughters

welcome welcome and congrats on the new addition!! your girls are soo cute!!

start slow...follow the tutorials that are at the top of the page...and you will have a great start. I did a stacked coin quilt a'la Moda Bake Shop's tutorial....

Leave a comment:

• sbonetsue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mdmickey
    replied

This week I will splurge on some charm packs and make my new dd a quilt for the first time. I am new to this but she will not care I am an over 40 mom with two college students and the new surprise so money is tight but I need some kind of hobby Her is a pic of both my daughters

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by golferants
    Hi ladies! I'm new to quilting and new to the board, but found MSQC on youtube. Thank you for the wonderful descriptions and tutorials!

Since I'm new, I'd say that the items I'm spending the most on at this point are tools...rotary cutter, mats, rulers, etc. Hopefully soon, though, I can turn my attention to fabrics.

Thanks again for the great information and the great site!

Angie
    welcome!! glad you found us...tell your friends haha...

as far as turning attention to fabrics...it's kind of hard to quilt without them!! Check out the Daily Deal at the top left tab on the page...PLENTY of fabric to feed your evergrowing addiction....don't laugh...you know it's there....we all have the affliction....it's a sickness I tell you...a sickness!!! :mrgreen:

Leave a comment:

• golferants
    replied

Hi ladies! I'm new to quilting and new to the board, but found MSQC on youtube. Thank you for the wonderful descriptions and tutorials!

Since I'm new, I'd say that the items I'm spending the most on at this point are tools...rotary cutter, mats, rulers, etc. Hopefully soon, though, I can turn my attention to fabrics.

Thanks again for the great information and the great site!

Angie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X