This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

week 57 - Oct 1

Congratulations to rougealar & brendadawg you won the giveaway for the 2 I believe in Santa charm packs We'll be sending you each one soon!

So now that I know you've all got Christmas covered let's step back a bit! It's Oct. 1st and it feels like a good day to start Halloween costumes! I'm making an Annie and a Sasquatch costume this year thankfully not for me and my husband but for 2 little friends!

Tell us what you or someone you know is dressing as this year (whether you're making it or not!) and you could win a set of Boo to You 5" squares by Riley Blake!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: week 57 - Oct 1

No Costume - i am scarey looking enough as it is! hahahahahahahah
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

So far I have made Tinkerbelle and princess dresses as Halloween costumes. They both required many yards of tulle, satin, gathers and a zipper. I did get a 2nd place ribbon at the state fair on the Tinkerbelle outfit.
      I don't know what she will want to be this year. I am hoping for something simple, but I couldn't be that lucky!

Congrats to Brendadawg & Rougealar!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Congratulations to the the 2 winners! That is awesome. Hmmmm....won't be dressing up for Halloween, but I'm sure there will be several little witches and warlocks that will be tooooo cute!

Comment

I don't need a costume either but have always wanted to be a cat. memowwww!
          Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

No costume for me...but one year I dressed up my big old orange cat into an old babies dress of mine (yellow with lace) and took him tricker treating in my nieghbour. Of course Jeffrey (he was sooo cute) can't eat chocolate so shucks I had to eat it for him. Though at one house he got a tin of tuna which he shared with my other cat Mickey Mouse.
            sigpic
            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Congrats to the winners. I have been thinking of dressing up as me, poor soul that I am but making a sock monkey or one of my own design and velcroing it to my work smock somehow. You know, the monkey on the back? I'm bizarre but I do a lot of hair on really senior citizens and it is part of my job description to be their source of entertainment for the week.
              If I ever complete it, I will take a pic to send you, lol.
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Somewhere I've got a puppy mask, might try to find that. I don't think my dog would enjoy trick or treating so I guess we'll stay home.

Comment

My daughter is going to be a 70's GoGo dancer for Halloween - complete with knee high white patent leather boots! :-)

Comment

I'm not dressing up and I'm hoping to convince the little ones that we only need to recycle and/or embellish costumes of years past.

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                      No Costume - i am scarey looking enough as it is! hahahahahahahah
                      Hey Suzi, you took my line!!!
                      My 11 year old is going to be a clone trooper or a ninja. He is not to into the scary stuff. I, however, will dig out my witch hat and my bright orange jack o lantern shirt and proceed to be silly and ridiculous!! I love halloween!
                      ~Laurie

Comment

Congratulations to the winners!
                        No dressing up here but in the past I have made Power Ranger costumes out of fabric paint and sweatshirts, even decorated the socks!
                        Also have made a superman cape. That's about it for the creativity around here.

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congratulations to the winners, lucky you!!!! Enjoy your prize, as I'm sure you will.
                          Not dressing up, no where to go! But in the past, I was a wonderful Mimi!!!! I made my own outfit from the thrift store, gussied it up, did the big blue eyeshadow thing, set my hair in pincurls and brushed it full, everyone loved it, especially since I'm thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Katiedid View Post
                            Congratulations to the winners, lucky you!!!! Enjoy your prize, as I'm sure you will.
                            Not dressing up, no where to go! But in the past, I was a wonderful Mimi!!!! I made my own outfit from the thrift store, gussied it up, did the big blue eyeshadow thing, set my hair in pincurls and brushed it full, everyone loved it, especially since I'm thick!
                            Congrats to the winners!

Ha Ha Katie I think we need to see some pictures!

Np dressing up for me either, just passing out candy and trying not to eat too much of it!
                            Shelia

Comment

I remember another costume I saw that I don't think I'd have the courage to wear. The woman bought a pink sweatsuit and a package of baby bottle nipples. She cut holes in the sweat shirt in two equal rows down the front and pulled the top part of the nipples through. She added pink felt triangles to a headband, made a curly tail out of felt and some pipe cleaners, and bought a rubber pig nose with the little elastic straps to hold it on her face. It was the most hilarious thing.
                              Here is my favorite costume I have made. It is the Tinkerbelle outfit. Sadly, she hated it. The kitty is the only reason she stopped crying. Poor thing, she really isn't a girly-girl. Give her a t-shirt, pair of jeans, and her rubber boots and she is just fine thanks. Oh well.
                              Attached Files
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X