• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misty
    replied
    Re: Week 7- Let's talk binding...

Originally posted by nanaandpapa1
    I just read an article about using piping with your binding on the Fons and Porter website.
    What a great idea! I know on a few quilts at the shop we've sewn jumbo ric-rac along w/ the binding for a lil somethin' EXTRA! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• nanaandpapa1
    replied

I just read an article about using piping with your binding on the Fons and Porter website. Sounds like a lot of work but for a comforter on a bed in lieu of a bedspread, it might be just the finishing touch. http://www.fonsandporter.com//aspx/Fons ... spx?id=494

Leave a comment:

• MaryonLakePulaski
    replied

It really depends on the quilt as to what binding style I will use. The Cotton Blossoms quilt had a lot going on, so I blended the binding in. If the center makes a real statement, anything but blending would really draw away from it. But if it is an overall plain block design or needing something extra after the border, I love stripes and polka dots for the binding.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

congrats Niki!!! You're gonna love that charm pack!!

Binding...well since I just bound my first quilt...and I used white...which was also the background color so it blends..I would have to say that I'm leaning towards using something different on the binding than being matchy matchy....I think the contrast would be more interesting...

oh...and Sultry...I have some...and let me just say YUMMY

Leave a comment:

• Misty
    started a topic Week 7- Let's talk binding...

Week 7- Let's talk binding...

First of all... Congrats go to niki! She's the winner of the Nouveau charm pack from last week! Please e-mail me or PM me with your mailing info so I can get that to you asap!

Alright.... now on to this week's topic!

What is your take on binding? Do you like it to blend right in with the quilt? Do you want it to make it's own statement? Do you have any great binding tips?

Come on ladies, lets spill...

This week's prize is one BRAND NEW in the shop, not even up online yet SULTRY Charm Pack!

Working...
X