This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 56 - Sep 18th, 2010

gift giving is very much on everyones mind already! my calendar of home and catalogs shows (Premier Designs Jewelry) is filling up and I love it!! Every woman needs new bling for the Holidays! whoooohooooooooo

i think the pillow cases are a great idea to make for family and friends! Thanks!! maybe in a soft flannel Christmas print! wonder if i have any of that? oh boy a chance to go stash diving!!

Pieced together the Star top, thanks craftylady for the motivation to pop the color! used a nice solid in rose to bring out the jellies and compliment the freindships..........will add another border later tonight after i get home from show.....should I try the prarie points ......
    Attached Files
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I am starting my Christmas sewing actually with birthday presens for my newly married daughter. I've got coordinating table runner and tree skirt planned. Can't wait to give them to her!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura108 View Post
        oh and by the way....For my Christmas present I want a sewing machine made out of Dove Chocoalte !! yum
        Wouldn't last long here!
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Hi all...New here, so I hope I'm doing this right!

I've been thinking about Christmas for awhile, and have some really good ideas. I'm going to try to make some pillowcases for my mom and dad to go with the quilt I made them. I also hope to make them a Calendar Cozy...and maybe one for my sister, too. Other than that, I haven't gotten too far, yet. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Christi View Post
            Hi all...New here, so I hope I'm doing this right!

I also hope to make them a Calendar Cozy...and maybe one for my sister, too. Other than that, I haven't gotten too far, yet. Yikes!
            Hi and welcome Christi!
            Now, what is a calendar cozy. I like the sound of it.

Blondie
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Decided on making pillow cases for family and friends using Jenny's tutoral. Went to the fabric store today and got some great novelty prints to personalize them
              Suzi the quilt looks awesome!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

thank you sally! i am giving it to my bestest friend who is in the process of moving to nashville tn....... I will miss her very very much
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Oh, Siuzi The quilt is gorgous!! Wish it was mine. I love the pink.
                  Yeah now what is a calendar cozy??? We want to know and welcome to the forum. Post a picture of the cozy. Please?
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Here is a picture (I hope I figured out how to attach it!) The bottom half is a pocket that you slip a calendar in to. I'll have to find the pattern so I can let you know who it's by. It's a really good pattern, and is great for gifts!

And thank you for the welcome!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Suzi, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I love your color choices!

Comment

Christi, I lovvvve the calendar cozy!!!! Please let us know where to find a pattern. Free maybe?
                        Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Thank you, Saundra! I'm going nuts trying to find the pattern. It's not free, but sure worth the money since you can give one as a gift to just about anybody! I'll have to look for it tomorrow after work. I did a class on it at the LQS, and have another one scheduled, so I NEED it!! lol!! I know it's in the sewing room...which is kind of a black hole right now!

Comment

Well Christi, that looks like something I could probably figure out on my own. What a neat idea! Let us know when you come up for air in the black hole and find the pattern!
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                              Well Christi, that looks like something I could probably figure out on my own. What a neat idea! Let us know when you come up for air in the black hole and find the pattern!
                              I will, Blondie. I tore my sewing room up before I went to bed last night! Argh!

They're not hard to make at all. Just use a firm, fusible interfacing so that it'll stay nice an flat, and not get droopy when it's hanging on the wall

My husband found little plastic rings at Wal Mart to put on the back for hanging, too.

Comment

Well, I found it. Thank goodness....But I can't find it anywhere online! I can't even find it on the designers website. It's called "As Time Goes By" Calendar Cozy by Sew Biz designs. I think I'd better put it under lock and key so I don't lose it again!

Comment

Working...
                                X