This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 6- What's YOUR style?!

Congratulations sbonetsue! You're last weeks winner of the Rolling Star Quilt Pattern. Be sure to get back to me with your mailing info so we can get your pattern to you asap!

Now, on to this week's topic....

This week I want you to tell me about your quilting style. Are you a girl who loves modern quilts? (think Heather Bailey and AnnaMaria Horner.) Do you love the primitive style? (I know there's some Thimbleberries out there SOMEWHERE.) Do you like the 30's vintage style?! Well, I want to know.

If none of these fit you, make up your own style! But mostly I want to see a picture of a quilt that you made just for YOU. The one that makes you happy every time you see it and that you can't help wanting to snuggle in to.

The prize for this week: 1 Nouveau Charm Pack by Sentimental Studios.

Good Luck!

Re: Week 6- What's YOUR style?!

what a great question....

I have yet to make a quilt for myself...but if I did...it would be a mix of classic and modern...modern fabrics with classic block design...
    Michele

Comment

It is hard to think of me having style(lol), I see something and I like it, then I will see something else and I like that
      If I were to narrow it down I would say my style is "PINK", When I start looking at a fabric line I find my self drawn to the pink colors and I buy! I have pushed my self to go to others colors. I guess it is a good thing I have grand daughters, more pink things for them.
      I found this line coming out in out next month http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_Clementine.pdf, I think this will be the line to make a new quilt!!
      I stopped by the MSQC shop today with my grand daughter, Kirsten, Jenny & Sarah were so sweet to dress up Kirsten's bunny with scraps and a button. It was cute. I saw the coin quilt on display. That just might be the next quilt. I will have to get some pointers when I am ready to start.

Meanwhile, I am back to my charity quilts for today.

Happy Quilting
      Happy Quilting
      Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've never made a quilt for myself either. Bloom is as close as it came and I do love that. Otherwise my style varies by room... no I take it back. I like lots of styles but the one I'm drawn to is definitely scandinavian, happy, brights. Is that a style? I think of soiree, I also really like toiles and fluer de lis, so, maybe French, scandinavian, happy, brights! Yeah I don't think I have a style
        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

My style would be shabby chic. I love romantic soft colors. I bought Aviary when it was the deal of the day and absolutely love it. I like Amy Butler fabric, Kashmir V. I like pink too! I have only sons, so I don't get to work in those fabrics very often. I think that is one of the reasons I am still working on one of their quilts. I truly don't like the colors, but it is not for me so I keep plugging along.

Comment

My quilt style would be cozy and soft. I just made this Cake Walk quilt using a Moda Jelly Cake of Cotton Blossoms and it is just right to wrap up in to watch a movie or read a book.

Comment

That is BEAUTIFUL!

I totally should have bought cotton blossoms when it was the daily deal... snap!

Comment

UMMMM!!!!!!!!!! :? I have only been doing this about five months. I have not made myself a quilt yet! I have been too busy making baby quilts. :roll: I have only made myself placemats and a tablerunner. I tend to really like Deb Strain and Lila Tueller. Would you call that the Fun stlye??? As far as patterns.........I'm still into EASY ones. LOL Does that answer the question? ops:
                sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

I've always loved old tea dye and worn looked. But after quilting a customer quilt using Swanky I had to make a small Schnibbles State Fair Swanky myself. I loved every bit of working with such fresh and rejuvenating fabrics during Spring time!

Comment

Adorable!!! I missed out on buying up this line as well!!!
                    Originally posted by MaryonLakePulaski
                    My quilt style would be cozy and soft. I just made this Cake Walk quilt using a Moda Jelly Cake of Cotton Blossoms and it is just right to wrap up in to watch a movie or read a book.

Comment

I have been quilting for about 8 month and I like to make simple quilts...i have been making lap wuilts and baby quilts....I like reds and black and pinks....I give alot of my quilts away..

Giinette

Comment

I've only made two quilts for babys so I really don't know my style.....I do tend to like geometric shapes, bright colors and white sashing

Comment

I have so many styles, it's like I have multipul personalities when it comes to quilting.

I love the happy, sweet 1930's repos and have made most of the classic 30's patterns.
                          I love the civil war repos too. I have hand pieced all the blocks in the Civil War Diary book, now I just have to put the quilt together and hand quilt it!
                          I have 4 kids, 9 grandkids and make Project Linus quilts so I love simple, quick patterns and bright and novelty fabrics.
                          I save every scrap I have, and have known to beg and pick through the waste baskets at guild meetings because I love scrap quilts so much.
                          Red Work, Applique, I love to do it all.

I guess I tend toward the classic, rather than modern but there isn't a style I won't try. The whole process is just too much fun.

Comment

I'm new to quilting, but so far I've been attracted to prints by Tula Pink and Gray Sky Studio. There are actually so many different ones out there...I'm new to it all and just loving it!!

Comment

My style would definitely be modern. I like bold colors, like the Katie Jump Rope fabric. I like simple patterns too!

Comment

Working...
                              X