This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5- The TRUTH about pre-cuts.

Another week has come and gone! You know what that means, we announced that acecraig100 was the winner of the Kashmir IV Charm Pack over on the blog! Congratulations, I can't wait to see what you make, that fabric is perfect for spring!

So... we give away a lot of charm packs, as you might have noticed. This is because we think they're great. We love them/worship them/rely heavily on their 5" square perfection. We're just as addicted to jelly rolls and honey buns. I mean really, did you see what Natalie has been up to on the blog?! But we want to know what you think of them. Do you love the pre-cuts as much as we do? Do you think they're helpful? ...or annoying?

Tell us how you really feel and you could win... Strippity Doo-Dah's Rolling Star Quilt Pattern.

I figure even if you hate pre-cuts, you have to love a good pattern!

Re: Week 5- The TRUTH about pre-cuts.

Congrats acecraig100!!!! I hope you love the Kashmir IV as much as I do. I just finished a baby quilt using that exact charm pack from MSQC. You won't be disappointed!!

Precut fabrics.....let's see..... They are easier to work with than full yardage, they are already cut for you so you don't have to worry about being consistent if you are still working out the kinks in your cutting. Some of us are still ruler challenged when it comes to cutting. They are already coordinated so if you are color challenged they work great for you as well. They are a great way to get an entire line of prints and not have to spend a fortune getting yardage.

Can you tell that I like precuts?
    Michele

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps
      Some of us are still ruler challenged when it comes to cutting.
      Amen! That's me in a nut shell!

Comment

Yup, love the pre-cuts. Getting EVERY fabric in line, even if only a small amount, gives me such creative ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Misty
          Originally posted by shell.scraps
          Some of us are still ruler challenged when it comes to cutting.
          Amen! That's me in a nut shell!
          you're not IN a nut....you ARE a nut!!! :mrgreen:
          Michele

Comment

Oh, if you only truly knew!

Comment

I love precuts. I have only used the charm packs and the layer cakes so far. I really like the fact that everything matches. I feel very inadequate when matching fabrics. Not to mention the facts that there is limited cutting. Although I must admit that I feel like I am getting more comfortable with cutting. Anyway my vote is "love" the precuts. Some day I hope to do something with a jelly roll and/or a honeybun.
              sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Hmmm.....fabric precuts, well, I love, love, love jelly rolls and layer cakes, charm squares not so much. Not sure why, I guess it's because it always takes so many to make a quilt.
                Karen in Indiana

Comment

I like em. I often wish I had more of a particular fabric, it's a great starting point though. You get to know the fabric and learn what you really love. I also love the coordination part of it. It's nice to know it's going to look fabulous when your done without much effort at all!
                  To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I am learning that precuts can make the project easier...
                    I made my second table runner, learned at the MSQC shop a few Saturday's ago. I used a Hartfield charm pack I received from my 1st deal of the day purchase. This time I did hand baste my binding after sewing it to the front. I sent the table runner off to my mom for her Birthday (4/14) today. It was a quick project (excluding my time consuming hand basting) It turned out beautifully. I ordered a few charm packs yeasterday on my order. Next I believe I will try a project with a layer cake.

I thought I loved Butterfly Fling, but in May (coming soon) is a new line "Clementine
                    Me and My Sister " I am just too excite!! http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_Clementine.pdf
                    I believe I have found my inspiration!

Any good ideas for a fun "EASY" Layer Cake quilt.......

By the way. I am finishing up my a quilt for the Relay for Life my friend is having a raffle and will have in Cameron during the walk night in May, I will try to post pictures and information, soon.

Happy Quilting

I
                    Happy Quilting
                    Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have found that pre-cuts help me make my quilt much better because I don't have to worry about the cutting. It is done for me!

Comment

I guess its no secret! I LOVE precuts! They give me the opportunity to make gorgeous coordinating quilts/projects very quickly! It takes little or no preplanning...just open em and sew! I love love love them!

Comment

The precuts are fantastic. The 5" charms and 2-1/2" jelly rolls are perfect in making lots of different projects. Recently, I've made several lap blankets and love having the coordinated fabrics turn out super results. The packs also let me pick out my favorite fabrics from the designer fabric lines to use in the bigger quilts. Keep stocking the precuts.

Comment

I have been collocting charm squares for about 3 years and I can't get enough of them. I have used them in lots of quilts but what I really love is being able to have so many different fabrics. They satisfy the scrap addict in me.

Comment

Originally posted by sbonetsue
                              but what I really love is being able to have so many different fabrics. They satisfy the scrap addict in me.
                              You said it sister! I think that's why I love them, too. Because then I can at least have a piece of all the wonderful fabrics!

Comment

Working...
                              X