This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 53 Sand and Surf...

A BIG congratulations to to Patticakes!! You won the Baby Geniuses charm pack! Email me your information and we will ship that out to you asap!

We are nearing the end of our summer.... The kids go back to school in less than two weeks. It has me wishing I could take a last minute family vacation to the Beach!! (where has this summer gone!?!?)
    So, instead of actually doing that...I will give away a Sand and Surf charm pack! It's almost like going- right!?

So, what have you done this summer? Anything fun, relaxing or amazing?

Re: Week 53 Sand and Surf...

This summer has been memorable for me. My elderly father lives with and in June he got pretty sick. It was a pretty scary time for me. He now depends upon me for his medications and just about everything else too. At the thought of losing my dad, I have come to appreciate him more than ever! Everyday when I get home from work he wants to go to Walmart (he just wants to get out of the house). I'm so tired but I take him. On the weekends, we have field trips. We go to historical sites, museums, etc. He never would have wanted to do these things before. It's so much fun! I've been blessed with more time with my dad and we've grown so much closer. It's an honor to be able to do things for the man that has always come through for me.

Comment

We have just tried to tend our garden. It has been sooo hot - one day last week it was 108. Ridiculious!!!! Staying cool in the house. Hoping for cooler weather.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

We have been mainly relaxing this summer and living day to day. Nothing spectacular, but sometimes that's a good thing.

Comment

Congratulations to the winner!
          Summer has been totally unspectacular, but we have had a wonderful harvest in our garden We canned a lot of fruits and veggies, and had a nice rain today (we've been under drought for months). Back to school in 2 weeks, yes, already!

Nancy

Comment

We've had a calm, enjoyable summer! Although it has been HOT AND DRY, our flower and vegetable gardens have done well. I've been trying to sew and quilt some most days and enjoying every minute. DD is here this week-end, we always enjoy her visits. Take Care everyone and Happy Quilting Redtop

Comment

We have been doing alot of camping this year. We like to take advantage of our local state parks for camping. We have been going every other weekend and plan our last weekend for the end of September. We find just getting away from the house very relaxing. We camp on primitive sites to really get away No phones, no electricity, no worries!

Comment

Congratulations to Patticakes!

I'll have to go check out the Sand and Surf package, it sounds like the beach to me!

Since I'm an Aide at school and it starts in 3 weeks, I really enjoy the summer off. Every June, I make up a to-do list.
                This summer I have finished 5 of my 7 'home' projects, and 8 quilt/sewing projects. 4 of them are completed quilts and have 2 more tops done that I'll completely finish up next week.
                Went to a get-away weekend with my girlfriend and will be seeing DS #2 off in 24 days to the Marines, so it's been a busy summer.
                Summer always goes too fast, but I sure enjoy the days while they are here!

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

We have had a relaxing summer for the most part.. however we did do to Lake Michigan and played at the beach for a weekend, and we went camping and to Las Vegas for 2 weeks. Now we are just hanging out and getting ready for school to start.
                  ~ traci ~

Comment

Our weather has been very hot, but we have gotten plenty of rain. This combination created an explosion of veggies in my garden and my flowers are beautiful. I have spent many enjoyable hours working in the garden and yard. When it was too hot, I spent time indoors sewing away. Since gardening and sewing are my passions, this summer has been perfect for me.

Happy Sewing,
                    Rae

Comment

Congrats Patticakes!!!!

We don't usually do much in the summer. We homeschool, so we save our fun time until everyone goes back to school, then head out to the fun spots. Since we just moved up here (NW MO) I plan on taking my son to all the musuems, etc, this fall. (JC penney, Pony Express, Psychiatric)

Comment

Congrats Patticakes!

Nothing! Thats what I've done' this summer. Okay, I worked some and I quilted some. My sister-in-law came to visit for a week. My daughter and her family came that same week.

BUT, In September we are taking a vacation to North Carolina. I'm really looking forward to that. Asheville and the surrounding area. I'm planning on finding quilt shops too, so if anyone know of any in the area I shouldn't miss, let me know

Comment

Pretty laid-back summer this year. Last year we went to China, but this year we're sticking around -- hanging out at our Cape Cod house for most of the summer. Daughter and 2 children here for 4 weeks, with son-in-law joining us for the last 2 weeks. Sun, sand, surf, whale watching, lobsters -- good times!
                          Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

CONGRATS...PATTICAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I have been doing some canning and put a few things in the freezer....it has been really HOT so I have tried to stay inside as much as I can.......I just looked at the charm pack and it looks Great...I would Love to win it......
                            bopeep
                            sigpic

Comment

So, what have you done this summer? Anything fun, relaxing or amazing?[/QUOTE]

No kids in this household anymore so everyday is a relaxing day hehe. A little while ago I had to make something to give as a present and I didn't have much time, so I decided to make a denim rag quilt (the first in my life). I enjoyed making it so much that this summer I decided to make a twin size one for my daughter. I embroidered, appliqued, cross stitiched, and the result is getting to be cute. I hope my daughter likes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X