This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 52 My Baby is a Genius....

So, a big congratulations to SHIELAC #52, you won the Pure charm pack!! Please email me your shipping information and we will ship that beauty to you in no time!!

This week we are giving away a Baby Geniuses Grow up charm pack. It is oh so cute,and I think you are all gonna want one!!!

So, tell me something funny your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews or a friends kids have done. I know you've got some funny story to tell.

Re: Week 52 My Baby is a Genius....

My daughter and her husband attended their high school reunion and had partied hearty.
    As they slept in the next morning, the door to their bedroom popped open, and my 10 year old grandson came in and loudly proclaimed, "All right you two, get up, you are not teenagers any more!!"
    As Mr. Linkletter said, Kids say the darnedest things!
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

My grandson, Jacob, just turned 2 and we made the mistake of showing him how to do the "fist bump". So now when he sees anyone, he has to "fist bump" and then he says "bulya" (sp?)! He is so cute when he does it and everyone just dies laughing that he's only 2 but wants his own fist bump!

Comment

Well, with 6 children between us, ranging from 7 months to 27 yrs old...we have a lot of stories to tell. The little guy is at such a cute age though. We have called him 'the bug' since he was just a couple of months old. Well, now he is moving around. I left him an empty hamper to play with yesterday while I went to the Ladies room. I heard him fussing, so I hurried and came to check on him. He managed to get the hamper on top of himself while in a sitting up position (when I left he was on his tummy); and was doubled over stuck underneath. LOL...I trapped a bug! A cute one at that.

Comment

When my son was about 7, he was anxious to finish lunch at a restaurant so that we could get to the amusement park. His dad put down a large bill to pay the tab & my son pushed away from the table & told the waiter "Keep the change"!!! His dad was not quite so generous.

Comment

Yay for SHEILAC! When our youngest was about 3, we lived near Cedar Rapids, IA. One morning we announced a shopping trip to Cedar Rapids and spent the day there. We were almost home that afternoon, when a little voice piped up from the back seat saying "When are we going to see the rabbits?" She was highly disappointed.
            http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

When my son was about 6, we were traveling and let him carry the motel key when we went to dinner in their dining room, and he thought that was a big deal. When the waitress came by, he showed her the key and said "We're in room 108 -- why don't you come by after dinner". We laughed about him hitting on the waitress at age 6!
              Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

When my oldest son (now 31) was about 4, he had just learned about the "Jesus' birth" story. One day he went into the kitchen, got a pickle, and walked into the living room to show us, saying "Look Mom and Dad, a pickle wrapped in swaddling clothes"!

Comment

]

A few years back I had taken two of my Grandchildren to the Science Museum to see a dinosaur exhibit. There was also a information class available on dinosaurs. The man explained how dinosaur's had in three sets of teeth unlike humans who have only two. The man explained if a human loses there second set of teeth they have to wear dentures.

Well in this quite room filled with people my grandson yells as loud as he could, like my Nana, I could have died I was a young grandma at the time.
                  Last edited by salami1952; July 31, 2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: I think I did it wrong

Comment

Hooray to Sheilac! That was a great prize to win!

Not having alot of money (and no dental insurance) when exhubby and I were in the first decade of wedded unbliss, I had finally made it to the dentist after 10 years and was proud of the fact that I only had one cavity. Well the little one had big ears and I overheard him proudly telling the whole softball team at a picnic gathering that "my mom hasn't BRUSHED her teeth in 10 years and only had one cavity"!!
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

When my nephew was young he was a very fussy eater (still is, as a matter of fact). When his family came over for dinner one time I asked what I could serve him. His mom suggested a grilled cheese sandwich so I bought American cheese and white bread (yuck!) Made him a sandwich and he refused to even try it - we had gotten WHITE American cheese, not yellow.

Comment

My grandson, 20 mths, loves to sit in PaPa's car and pretend to drive while pushing all the buttons. He gets such enjoyment out of this .One day while pretending to drive he declared it was "babys car" and pointed for PaPa to go sit in the pasenger side. This is probably not a good thing in the grand scheme of things but we are Grandparents so we get to play--and hide the keys.

Comment

Okay, one of my favorite stories...When my baby girl was five, she had just gotten her Easter basket. I was in the kitchen when she came in looking very disappointed and holding a toy from her basket, "Mom, the Easter Bunny didn't give me this." I asked her why she thought that and she showed me the sticker that said "Made in China". I didn't say much, she went back to her basket and a few minutes later brought me another toy with a label...later, in the car on our way to my friends house for brunch, she asked me, "Mom, is there really an Easter Bunny or do the parents buy the toys?". So I fessed up and said it was really the parents but it's fun to believe. She then said "Mom, next year will you take off the tags so it's easier for me to believe?".

Comment

This is embarrassing, but it's funny. When my kids were small, we had gotten a lab mix puppy. It took a while to get her house broken. One day I heard a lot of banging in the boys' bedroom and went in to investigate. The kids had a broom and were banging the end of it on the ceiling. As I inquired as to what was going on, I looked up and there was dog poop stuck to the ceiling! My youngest boy, who was about 3, had thrown the poo up and it has stuck to the ceiling and they were trying to knock it down. Ugh.....that was not fun to clean.

Comment

When they told our friend Molly (4 yrs old) that it was time to clean the fish, she took it into the bathroom sink to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                              X