X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4- Blocks are falling all around!

Is this easy or what!?!?!

We have another winner!

We announced on the blog that DanielaK won last weeks free Hartfield Charm Pack!

So let's do this again! This week we'll be playing for a Kashmir IV Charm Pack
    You could win this!! Just play along! This week we want you to post any unique, cool, quilt block you've found, know of, whatever Pictures are a bonus entry!! (Love gettin' a double entry!) And good luck to everyone!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Blocks are falling all around!

Me.....My favorite is the Missouri Star. FOR REALS.

They are just so pretty and versatile. I love stars, ok. A week or so ago a lady called us and told me about a Missouri Star that had a flower appliqued over it and sent a pic and let me tell you....it was awesome!! I loved it! I hope she sends me a pic of the quilt she is starting.

Comment

I'm a simple girl. I love pinwheels, they never fail me!

Comment

Yay DanielaK!!! Congrats!! You're gonna love the Hartfield pack.

and this week's giveaway...let me say that I love the Kashmir IV run...the colors are killer and so easy to work with.
        Michele

Comment

My favorite block is the pinwheel star. I made this out of thirties fabrics for our bed.[attachment=0:64w2y0tz]PinwheelStar.JPG[/attachment:64w2y0tz]

Comment

pinwheel star.....I am pretty sure that the Heavens have opened and I have seen an angel..... WOW!! All my dreams just came true. I love pinwheels....my oh my. ( i have already professed my love for stars) Thank you Mary on the Lake!! What gorgeous pictures!!

Comment

This is beautiful...Can you tell us how to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by jenny
                This is beautiful...Can you tell us how to do this?

Looking at the photo it looks like a half square triangle paired with a quarter square triangle all set around a small square with coins on each corner to complete the block.
                Michele

Comment

Jackpot ladies!! Check out this list of blocks at quilterscache - http://www.quilterscache.com/Alphabe...stPageA_F.html

Now, which one is my favorite???
                  "A smile is the most inexpensive way to improve your looks."

Comment

I'm a simple girl! I really like this card trick quilt block I found online. I might make some someday.

Comment

I love the log cabin block. You can change the look of the block just by using different colors. Plus it is such an easy block to put together. Judy Martin has a great book on log cabin quilts. She is truely a genious with color.[attachment=0:3lwgelpl]logcabin.jpg[/attachment:3lwgelpl]

Comment

Originally posted by acecraig100
                        I love the log cabin block. You can change the look of the block just by using different colors. Plus it is such an easy block to put together. Judy Martin has a great book on log cabin quilts. She is truely a genious with color.[attachment=0:2mza7b5i]logcabin.jpg[/attachment:2mza7b5i]

are you going to participate in our quilt along? we're using the log cabin as our first one!!
                        Michele

Comment

Promise.......it really is easy?!!?

Why am I freaking out about this?!?!? I hope I can figure it out!! hahahaha

Comment

I love the versatility of a one-patch ! I still have scraps from when I first started piecing 25 yrs ago that I think about putting into a charm quilt. I especially like Holly Holderman's take on the one patch (see attachment) that ends up looking like a plaid! There are more examples on her web site. Buy, hey, Hillary is working on an argyle look so Holly has nothing that Missouri * team doesn't already have![attachment=0:3ov4dju7]one patch.jpg[/attachment:3ov4dju7]

Comment

Here is lap quilt from fabrics I bought in Hawaii. These are all Bali prints. First time I had ever used these.
                              I do not know the name of the quilt block, but I got it free on-line. The blocks are asymmetrical throughout. It was a very fast quilt block to make. Sorry, for the poor picture quality. It is fuzzy since my son took it on his camera phone. The colors are really prettier in person.
                              Niki

Comment

Working...
                              X