This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 69 Jun 12th - 15th

Congratulations kwilson! The fathers day ideas were inspiring! Thanks ladies and 1000 Quilters Cash Points to you kwilson!

I smiled when I read last weeks post today. It starts I'm in a bind... I laughed because that's how I really felt this week I was swamped in binding! So this week tell me the last time you were in a bind! The last quilt, project, or other binding opportunity or maybe it was moms binding video! Hehe!

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest. Any subsequent comments made in a single thread are unable to win. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 69 Jun 12th - 15th

I am so excited! Thank you for the chance to win, I can't wait to use my Quilters Cash Points :-)! This week I'm not in a bind, I'm just sewing away!

Comment

Congrats to kwilson!

Binding isn't usually a problem for me, rather nice to be getting near to being finished with a project. The bind for me the past week and 2 more to come is I'm away from my sewing machine. It's about to drive me nuts.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Congratulations, kwilson! I'm in a bind because I signed up for a Garden Challenge at my local quilt shop and the finished quilt is supposed to be taken to a Garden Party on the 24th and I'm just a little over 1/2 finished. It has 42 different blocks (I'm going to omit a row to make it a bit smaller) and each block is different. It also has a pieced picket fence border around the whole quilt. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish it in time!
        Dawn
        A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

I was in a bind....sewing, for my son and soon to be wife, a double wedding ring (2nd quilt of my life). I purchased the binding tool, that works great. unless you cut your fabric before making sure you did not twist it...UGH! Needless to say, you can tell where I stopped and started that binding, but they loved it anyway...Wedding in 5 days!
          Donna
          :icon_woohoo: Donna

Comment

My bind at the moment is trying to get things done with an injured shoulder, I started a quilt for my sisters 50th birthday but unfortunately after finishing the top I was unable to quilt it and have it ready for her birthday party due to the pain in my shoulder which has since been operated on and is slowly recovering. My sisters birthday party was cancelled after her eldest son (21) was riding a bike home from work and was run over by a truck - so he has had 2 weeks in ICU and numerous surgeries with possibly more to come, he is on a normal ward now but still needs lots more care and surgeries, no celebrations for her birthday yet so I might get the finished by the time he is out of hospital and we can celebrate

Leonie
            Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

I was binding just yesterday. Finished quilt number 20 of the 50 I hope to make by Christmas.
              Dena
              I took up Quilting and gave up cooking!
              Dena

Comment

I will be in a bind starting tomorrow evening. I start binding my first full size quilt I will be so gald when it is done as I am so tired of looking at black and gold fabric.

Comment

I was in a bind when I was trying to get the last of 5 queen size quilts completed im time for Christmas a few years back. I was hand quilting them for my mom and 4 sisters. Had not quilted much before then. But let me tell you, I got to be very fast and very good, in a very short amount of time. lol
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

I never seem to get my ends to match up. I bought the binding tool, but I haven't tried it yet since all my projects have been too small.

Comment

The last time I was in a bind is when I was trying to use the binding tool. The more I tried it, the more confused I got. Jenny makes it look so easy. I finally gave up and did it my own way. I've never tried the binding tool since.
                      Bec

Comment

Congratulations to kwilson!!! I am in a bind lately when I try to use the binding tool...the first time I used it, it worked perfectly...the last two times I used it (even watching the video as I did it)...I messed it up and cut and just finished with a straight seam on the binding...it actually didn't look too bad on either piece....I will still try to use the binding tool again...practice makes perfect...
                        Carol
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I was just in a bind today. I am working on a challenge quilt that had to be a minimum of 40x40 inches. So I make the quilt - all goes well. I trim it up and find that it is only 36x36 inches. No problem. I add 3 inches to each side. Except that since I already trimmed it up and get 2 side borders sewn on, I discover there is NO BATTING BEHIND THE NEW BORDERS! Ok - take a breath or two. So, now I cut 4 3" pieces of batting to put onto the backs of the borders. Then I realize there is NO BACKING ON THE BATTING ON THE BACK! Take another breath! Now I cut 4 3" pieces of additional backing and sew that on. I just now finished putting the binding on and the quilt measures 39x39 inches. It is what it is. And I am going to live with it.

Hugs,
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I was "in a bind" while finishing my mom's wall hanging. Before I started putting the binding on I watched Jenny's binding tutorial again (have watched it several times). Decided to try doing the corners the way she showed in the video. When I finished and turned the binding right side out....I was amazed and actually said, "Hey,it worked!".......it's not that I didn't believe what Jenny was showing us. It's that I was surprised that I did it right!! Thanks for the great tutorials!
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

My bind is when I buy fabric because I'm sure that I'll use it in a project. And then, every once in a while, I look at my little stash and say I won't buy any more fabric until I sew it all. And so now, my little stash is taking up two boxes in our spare room, and I don't have ideas for all the fabrics yet. But it sure is fun buying fabric. AND I'm not in a bind with my husband - so far he has been very understanding!

Comment

Working...
                              X