X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrchapman
    replied
    Re: Log Cabin Quilt-Along Spring 2009!

I know that when the forum was moved over, some of the pictures didn't make it. I used to be able to see the pictures in this stream but now I can't so I suspect that's what's happened. We need YSGLCG to work his magic

Leave a comment:

• Peachy
    replied

Ok forget it...I did find some photos in the flicker group that Natalie posted. Thank you. I guess what I can't see is the attachments. I see the attachment codes, but no attachments. I'm new here (as you can probably guess from the post count), but I did go back through my settings/forum settings to make sure that everything is enabled. What am I still doing wrong? TIA for any help you can give!

Leave a comment:

• Peachy
    replied

Am I missing something? I would like to see the photos of the log cabin quilt along blocks. Especially those who have finished quilts. Where to look? Can anyone post a link? Thank you and congratulations to those who have finished. I think I'd like to go back and work on these too!

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Hurray tilelady!!! Your the first to really finish!!! You should win a prize I'l have to see about that hmm...

I was just getting ready to pull mine out today! It must be log cabin time right now! Anyone else have one to show off?

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

THAT is GORGEOUS and of course your son is in love with it .. look at all that work, that love, that color.. a guy would have to be dead not to love that quilt. Good for you .. and how clever to use courthouse steps and log cabins that way - really adds interest and - as we say in the quilting world - MOVEMENT !!
    I'd give you a gold star and an A for that one. Keepup the good work, and keep on withthat enthusiasm .. heart like that is infectious and some other person with little experience will be encouraged to just step on out ..lucky son.

Leave a comment:

• tilelady
    replied

drum roll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do ti doooooooooooooo,,,,,,finished,,,,,,,,,,,i got my log cabin finished,,,,,,,,the first one, i have enough blocks to make two,,,,,,,,,,,,,and my son got it for xmas, and hes in love, love , love with it,,,,,,,,,,,,i want to thank you guys for the great lessons,,,,,,,,,,,i learned soooo much,,,,really, i did, and it was fun toooooo,,,it gave me that extra push to do a quilt,,and cant wait for the next one,,,,,,happy sledding today,,,

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Thanks Shell for picking up my slack I've been rather sick for awhile and not myself I'm sorry. Quilt Vader, yes! I am sure we will have some fantastic new projects in 2010! We just don't know what they are yet that's where the inspiration comes in! And we're working on that! In the mean time I'm wondering if anyone has finished their quilts? ops: I'm embarrassed to say that I have not yet! What do you think about making that a goal for the end of the year? I know there were several people who started one and how about we have a little contest to see if we can finish?

Of course I hate to exclude anyone, so, if you will post a pic of an unfinished project that you want to set a goal to finish by the end of the year all those names will go into a hat and since I really want to see the log cabins finished I'll give double entries to those.... and for a prize what do you think of a little yardage?
    Don't know what kind yet but feel free to offer suggestions and get out your projects!

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by Quilt Vader
    HI, I'm not new to this community - but had not seen this topic until this morning .. wow. Looks like you all were having gun with that log cabin quilt project. Will there be a new quilt-along this coming year?
    I think that we will have some great projects in 2010!!

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

HI, I'm not new to this community - but had not seen this topic until this morning .. wow. Looks like you all were having gun with that log cabin quilt project. Will there be a new quilt-along this coming year?

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Well ladies...

... still deciding! ops:

It's amazing how quickly things get pushed to the back burner once the initial project is completed! I think I'm actually going to do some sketchy stitching on it to emphasize the suburbia name I gave it! We'll see how it goes!

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

how are you going to long-arm it? are you going to have it stippled or do an all over design?

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Will there be a quilt show soon? Please post for us when it is ready

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Thanks shell It was fun trying to see what I could come up with using just my scraps!

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

very very nice!! love how you did the backing...

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Hey who wants to see what I did with my extra block and backing?!?!?!

Yay! I knew you did![attachment=0:2epr4dx6]100_1131.JPG[/attachment:2epr4dx6][attachment=1:2epr4dx6]100_1133.JPG[/attachment:2epr4dx6]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X