X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitchywoman
    replied
    Re: Log Cabin Quilt-Along Spring 2009!

Yay for you! I can't wait to see all the blocks coming together! Have fun on your trip midnight!

Leave a comment:

• midnight
    replied

Everybody's blocks look great! I still haven't started. And we're leaving tomorrow for Destin for a week, so I won't be able to start for a little while, but I have all my fabric ready now. Washed and everything. So I can get right on this when we get back. Keep up the good work ladies!

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Wow!! I was gone for the weekend and it's so fun to come back and see what you guys have been up to! Flo, way to go on your blocks! They look great and I'm glad you did what worked for you to! That's the fun of the quilt along! Natalie, I love yours too! I'm impressed you got them done "sew" quickly too! It's amazing what a few late nights will do for your waiting projects!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie
    replied

[attachment=0:ji02w14x]P5060080.JPG[/attachment:ji02w14x] Here it is! My square in a square blocks! I REALLY love this one! Thanks Hillary!

Leave a comment:

• Misty
    replied

Flo,
    Your blocks are awesome! I love all the brights, way to go!

Hill,
    The square in a square is so great!!! I can't wait to see this all done!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie
    replied

Flo, your blocks look amazing! You did such a great job! I really can't wait to see your next set!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie
    replied

Gorgeous Hillary! You've done it again! I love them!

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

oooh! Stitchywoman....that square in a square looks AWESOME!! That is a way fun block!

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

NO WAY!!! Flo they look amazing!! They are so bright and colorful (my favorite) ! I bet you are just having a blast with them, huh!?

Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us! (you know we are suckers for pictures)

Leave a comment:

• tilelady
    replied

WOWWWWWWWWIEEEEEEEE, i can finally say i have my blocks done,,,,,,ok, so i made more than i wanted, but i love,love love them,,,,,,,im so happy i am playing along, and just want to thank you also for the quilt along,,,,,

I cant wait to do the next set now,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like great directions to,,,,,

heres two pics of the squares i did, mine are just a light fabric choice and dark fabric choice, i didnt do the dominant and secondary dominant thing cause i really didnt know what i was doing to start with, so i made it easier for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and im soooooooo happy with my blocks, lol

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied
    Sewing the Square in a Square Block!

OK ladies today we learn my version of the Square in a Square Block![attachment=0:mdvk0s2a]100_0474.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

This is going to be pretty simple since the method is the same as our last block but a little less brain work because you are sewing rings of color instead of having your colors separated corner to corner.

First you'll want to get out your strips from the bag labeled Square in a Square and arrange 1 set of strips as a layout guide.[attachment=1:mdvk0s2a]100_0476.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

1. Place the 2" squares right sides together you should have one Secondary and one Primary for each of 7 blocks
    [attachment=2:mdvk0s2a]100_0477.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]
    Sew and press open[attachment=3:mdvk0s2a]100_0479.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a] Repeat for all 7 blocks remember chain stitching is helpful!

2. Your Secondary color (the center block) should be at the bottom. Lay a 3.5" Primary color strip on top of your sewn pieces right sides together. [attachment=4:mdvk0s2a]100_0481.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a] Sew & press open remembering to put all your blocks through facing the same direction! [attachment=5:mdvk0s2a]100_0482.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a] You can stack and lay them out like we did for the traditional Log Cabin last time if you found that helpful... I do
    Your blocks now look like this - [attachment=6:mdvk0s2a]100_0483.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

3. Attach the next Primary colored 3.5" strip in the same manner. Sew & press open![attachment=7:mdvk0s2a]100_0484.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a] See it's "sew" easy!

4. Attach the 5" Primary colored strip to complete the second row.[attachment=8:mdvk0s2a]100_0485.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

5. Start on the third row by attaching the 5" Secondary color strip.[attachment=9:mdvk0s2a]100_0486.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

6. Attach a 6.5" Secondary color strip.[attachment=10:mdvk0s2a]100_0488.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

7. Attach the next 6.5" Secondary color strip.[attachment=11:mdvk0s2a]100_0489.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

8. Finish your row by attaching the 8" Secondary color strip.[attachment=12:mdvk0s2a]100_0490.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a] Yay! It's looking so cool!

9. Attach the 8" Primary color strip to the top of your block.[attachment=13:mdvk0s2a]100_0491.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

10. Attach a 9.5" Primary color strip.[attachment=14:mdvk0s2a]100_0492.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

11. Attach the next 9.5" Primary color strip.[attachment=15:mdvk0s2a]100_0493.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

12. Attach the last strip! The 11" Primary color strip.[attachment=16:mdvk0s2a]100_0497.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]

Look at these awesome blocks![attachment=17:mdvk0s2a]100_0496.JPG[/attachment:mdvk0s2a]I love doing cool things with cool fabric!

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

haha! So much going on but I am seriously getting finished right now it'll be up soon!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie
    replied

I can hardly stand waiting for this...hurry up! love you!

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

Haha! Don't I know it! I've got to finish up a post today so we can work on the Square in a square block! *said in high pitch sing song (not like Annie)* Tomorrow! I'm so excited with how it's coming together!

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

I am eventually going to have time to do this...hopefully before it's all over and done with!! I love what has been shown so far and I can't wait till we can all have our finished quilts posted on the flikr group!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X