X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia

Hello I am wondering if there are others here from Virginia? Juju

Re: Virginia

I'm in VA. Outside of Roanoke....little village of Ironto; between Christiansburg and Salem. Where are you?

Comment

I am from Lynchburg. They call it the city of seven hill and boy oh boy. I think it is all hills.

Comment

Hi Girls, I'm not from Virginia, but I know where both of you live. I live in southern West Virginia and travel your different quiet often. DD used to live in Lynchburg.

Comment

I'm in Cana. Right on the border to North Carolina very close to Mt.Airy NC ( yes Mayberry) and about 4 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
          One Moment at a time

Comment

Hello
            I am not in Virginia but I am a stone's throw from it. I live in Eden, NC and shop for my fabrics in Martinsville Va. when the shop hops are going, I travel the lovely Va area from Lynchburg, Roanoke, Salem, etc - fun weekend trip for hubs and me.
            Glad to see other close by quilters.
            Blondie
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Virginia here . I live near Staunton , Va . I have lived here for almost 30 yrs . I was born and raised in Illinois . I love it here ! Annie

Comment

my mom lives in HayMarket (wayyyyyy up on the top of a mountain) and my sister lives in Stafford. Mom quilts alot - she is really good too! taught me how to store my stash! sis doesn't - she is a labor & delivery nurse - says she doesn't have any energy left for sewing - I think she just hasn't gotten the bug yet!! ladies in our family "get it" at 45 and she is only 43! hahahahahahah
                Last edited by pdjewelrylady; November 22, 2010, 10:05 AM.
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Hey! My daughter is in White Stone Virginia. I'm 15 miles south of RaleighNC. Suzi teach me how to store my stash. You know how scared I am to open my closet. LOL
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I just joined a couple of weeks ago. I live in Northern Virginia. Where in Virginia are you?
                    Suzette

Comment

My mom was raised in Richmond. She met my yankee dad at a USO dance during World War II. They married and moved to his hometown in Pennsylvania. Mom was quietly homesick all of her married life. When my dad passed away (19 years ago), she and my sister moved back to Richmond. I visit twice a year for a month or longer. We actually lived there 3 years when I was in elementary school. My grandmother was ill with heart trouble and Mom, my sis, and I left PA to take care of her. When she died Mom tried to get Dad to move to Richmond but he wouldn't go for it. Kind of a crazy situation. Won't bore you with the details. Anyway, I love Virginia! I often think I'd like to move to the Blueridge Mountains when my husband retires. Don't think I'll be able to get him to go for it, but we'll see. I love Williamsburg and Charlottesville, the Blue Ridge Mtns., etc. I have lots of fond memories of my times in that delightful city, so full of history.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieD54 View Post
                        Virginia here . I live near Staunton , Va . I have lived here for almost 30 yrs . I was born and raised in Illinois . I love it here ! Annie
                        You lucky gal!!! I just visited Staunton last time I was visiting my mom and sister in Richmond. What a lovely town!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                          Hello
                          I am not in Virginia but I am a stone's throw from it. I live in Eden, NC and shop for my fabrics in Martinsville Va. when the shop hops are going, I travel the lovely Va area from Lynchburg, Roanoke, Salem, etc - fun weekend trip for hubs and me.
                          Glad to see other close by quilters.
                          Blondie
                          What's a shop hop?

Comment

Hi Rebecca
                            Shop Hops are at different times of year for different regions I gather. Here they are in the spring and also fall - how it goes around here is this:
                            area shops within the state will host shop hop and when shoppers come in they receive a drawing into a grand prize or two. Each shop has a special during the shop hop - it is great fun. My dear husband loves to do the Southwest Virginia hop through Lynchburg down towards Wytheville Virginia. It is at least a two day shop hop for us - haven't been able to do it in the past few years because of the folk's health care but I do intend on doing it soon. If I can keep my Mom healthy enough for a few days this spring whenever they have it, she's coming with us! LOL.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I am just outside of Richmond in a small area known as Sandston. About 3 blocks from Richmond International Airport. If anyone is looking for a quilt shop in the Richmond area, I highly recommend Quilting Adventures! They are in a small shopping center known as Willow Lawn. I take classes there and primarily buy most of my fabric there, if I am not buying precuts from MSQC. Also, I just checked out Millstone Quilts in Mechanicsville this past weekend. They specialize in Civil War area fabrics, if that is of interest to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X