WIP - February 21-28, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - February 21-28, 2020

I see a lot of threads with great quilt finishes and in progress. I expect that our winter will last another 6 weeks, hopefully not into mid-April this year. Quilting is on the agenda a lot more than other times of the year.

I'm getting ready for a retreat Monday-Friday, so have planned my projects. Not really any UFO, mostly easy and quick quilts to make and small projects - snack bags, mesh food bags, Hexies, microwave bowls, mug rugs and placemats. Dh also gave me his UFO flannel quilt, if I want to tackle his boo-boos. I hope to rest and enjoy the setting.

What are you working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

I finally quilted my sis-in-law's table runner this week. I think she mailed it to me about a month ago. Now to package it up and mail it back to her. I am also challenging myself to piece together at least one pineapple block a day. I just may be able to finish it one day, if I can keep up this pace. Probably two years, because I'll get burnout at some point, but I'll ride this train as long as I can.

Comment

Here is my current project. I wonder if it will be right side up with this new format😁. I finished the top at a retreat and now I need to quilt it. I have stitched in the ditch around all the very large blocks and will attempt doing some stencils instead of just a single motif all over. We shall see how that turns out after exercise this morning.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh Clare, that is very very pretty. You always do some interesting designs and colorways.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

My project got put on hold since I found out a friend's cancer has returned. I decide to make her a Arafat elephant in University of Alabama fabrics. I have it cut out and laid out on my design table, I hope to get it sewn today and quilted this week so I can send it to her quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X