Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - Jan 31-Feb 6, 2020

Happy Friday -

Today I cut 25 waffle weave tea towels. I will be serging and sewing the edges. They will be ready to add borders sometime later this winter. I folded and put away the fabrics I bought at this week's sale.

I also finished handsewing the binding and labels on VQC quilts, 3 ready to turn in on Monday. I picked up some fabrics to make mom a small quilt. I'm browsing videos and books to decide on a pattern, that does cut up the focus fabric too much.

So what are you working on? Taking a break? Looking for mojo, inspiration?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: WIP - Jan 31-Feb 6, 2020

I finished up drawing out a pattern it's a 2 quilts one pattern.Right Triangles.jpg
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I have finally gotten all the little parts of the B Hunter mystery sewn and have put them together into rows. So now I just have 4 seams each to get the the block's rows together. All those fiddly hst and flying geese.....murder.
      I decided to gift a quilt to a dear friend's daughter that is having a double mastectomy. I need to see what I have to make something either cheerful or soft and cozy, maybe both.

Comment

It's kind of dark here today and the colors are more vibrant than they show up. This is a quilt for my GS. Just have to remove pins, trim edges and put in the binding. The back is flannel.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
          It's kind of dark here today and the colors are more vibrant than they show up. This is a quilt for my GS. Just have to remove pins, trim edges and put in the binding. The back is flannel.
          Your GS quilt is adorable. Well suited for a new little monster.

Comment

Whoo hooo, the blocks are done for the calico stars that I'm working on. Tomorrow, I'll press the blocks and start sewing them together. I'm thinking a small black border, then a key board. I'm hoping one of the backing fabrics I have samples coming, will be a great outer border.

I can see the light, but it's still a long way down this tunnel!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I finished:
              -a reversible apron, cut from 2 yrs ago, done.
              - 8 microwave cosies for plates

I sorted & cut fabrics on same UFO pile and put away. I also serged all tea towels and sewed one. Also sandwiched another VQC top, then will quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwmnteacher
                Is this an ad posted?
                I reported the post. Looks like it's already taken down. Good job administrator.

Comment

Working...
                X