WIP Jan 10-16, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP Jan 10-16, 2020

I didn't see a weekly thread, so I'll start. I washed and pressed about 20 metres of cotton fabrics donated to our Victoria quilt group. They were nice colours and quality, and will make nice quilts. Today I finished piecing another 9 patch border quilt top. I will sandwich and start quilting it tomorrow.

This week, I want to work on my own projects and finish organizing fabrics. I'm getting a lot done with freezing rain this weekend is keeping us indoors.

What are you working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: WIP Jan 10-16, 2020

After finishing the Christmas holidays on day 6 and keeping the ornaments of the house I am finally finishing quilting the quilt of my daughter that should be finished in November and shown on my UFO album but finally it will be this week when I get it and then I have another quilt for quilting but it´s easier and I hope to finishing it soon

Comment

I finished quilting the Wolf Abstractions quilt but I don't have the binding on yet because I accidentally sewed through my finger and I need to let my finger heal up. I used Microsoft to use a program called Paint to color my version of the Solstice BOM by Rebecca Bryan. My version will look like this when it is done. Click image for larger version

Name:	SolsticeAutumnPinkPurple.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1617948
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Oh my Denise, that is beautiful, but looks very hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
          Oh my Denise, that is beautiful, but looks very hard!
          It is foundation pieced, so it is not as hard as it looks. There are only six different block designs. Three of the blocks are beginner easy, two are confident beginner, and the last one in the center will be challenging.

I have my freezer paper. I am not afraid.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I am working on my Rosy Wreath quilt. Yesterday I put each of the patches in order for the remaining 35 rows. It took me 7 hours, but I got that part done. Of course I had help from Sadie the cat. She grabbed one of the stacks and took off running. After I managed to catch her I had to make sure the patches were all in the correct order. Nothing like doing it twice. I couldn't be upset with her because it was so cute. She looked like a kid sneaking a piece of candy from the candy jar. Anyway, I am one step closer.

Comment

I am still working on the borders for my hanging gardens quilt. Bougth new fabric yesterday for the last border, since the first one just didn't look right anymore.

Comment

Right now I have a throw about half way quilted, two Project Linus panel quilts sandwiched and I started a guild challenge quilt yesterday. The piecing so far is pretty easy using cake mix papers for the hst. They come out quite precise.
                I need to start getting some things ready for a retreat next month, fun, fun, fun. I may work on my Edyta Sitar double wedding ring that has been languishing in a plastic bin.

Comment

Working...
                X