WIP Dec 27- Jan 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP Dec 27- Jan 2

I finished up the Pansy Reflection quilt in time to get it under the Christmas tree. It was a big hit and my other two sisters requested a memorial square for Grandma Goodale. I still had some pansy fabric left and was able to come up with a reasonable looking match to the original quilt. One is quilted and the second is well under way.
    100_5368.JPG

Whats on your sewing table?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: WIP Dec 27- Jan 2

I finished quilting a Victoria quilt made with purple batiks. I'm almost done handsewing the binding. I might add some quilting in the border. These donation quilts are perfect for trying out FMQ.

I did have to interrupt my quilting to go to mom's residence, as the caregiver/sitter said she was not well. It looks like she's has been having TIAs, so nurses will continue to monitor her overnight.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Suzanne, I hope your mom feels well soon.

Comment

Thanks Nancy - mom did have TIA and this time it looks like she has a mild paralysis on her right side of mouth, hand and arm. I have been going and spending time with her. She is a fighter and determined not to let this slow her. I can see she gets tired more easily. I bring a quilt to handsew which she enjoys seeing.

I finished the purple batik binding, and also finished the hexagon quilt. The batik blocks & fabric were donated and partially assembled. So I had to finish it. I also quilted it using a stencil, more or less successfully. I'm almost finished handsewing binding, and another one is ready to donate. I also put blocks from another kit on design wall to sew up.

. image.jpg

image.jpg. image.jpg.

image.jpg

Comment

Suzanne, have you thought of making your Mom a fidget lap robe/pillow to help her get her hand back? It could be something for her to do while you hand sew. Just a thought.
          sigpic

Comment

Laura, I hadn't thought of that. I might, just for physio.

I just noticed that Batik quilt did not post. image.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X