WIP Nov 15-21, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP Nov 15-21, 2019

The holiday season is right around the corner. Are you ready?

I got the next two block designs done for Kaleidoscope Dreams. I need to make three more copies of the Mariners Compass to go in the other three corners. It really helps turn the corner beautifully. Sadly I messed up the light blue point three times already so I am going to run out of fabric. I will have to find something in my stash for a substitute.

100_5300.JPG100_5306.JPG
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: WIP Nov 15-21, 2019

Wow. This is going to be another stunning quilt.

It's been a week of appts for DH and a funeral today. In between getting ready for a craft show on Saturday, I decided to make xmas coasters with a panel of 5" squares. I made 34, and if they don't sell, I will give ladies in a quilting group, as some are block patterns.

I hope to get back to my sewing room next week. I need to prepare the backing for a quilt I am finishing on rented LA. I have a queen+ size which I will probably finish on first day+ and a smaller one the next day. If I get get these done, I will have at least one xmas quilt done.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I have several projects going including a Christmas panel that I put away last year. I have 4 more folded Christmas trees to do the hand work on then there will be many, many beads to attach. I have yet to find any beads I like so a trip to Hobby Lobby is in store for next week.
      Hopefully I can knock some of this out today or next week.

Comment

Oh, Claire, I'd love to see your trees.. I've got a basket of "green" fabric that needs to be sewn together for something Christmasy. Hopefully I will get the "barn" quilt finished up this week and then I can get to sewing all the "ornaments" for the abuse center.

We (guild ladies) have quite a few quilts that go to the Nicu and abuse center this holiday. I am just waiting for the final count - due next month.
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

Here is a picture of one from google images.https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/2f...7bfa4271ae.jpg
          I did get 4 done and the other 5 need beeds and hanging cord but my fingers are sore again. It will have to wait a few days. I am using pearls that I already had and decided against searching out gold beads.

Comment

Anticipation Couldn't resist this mystery sale on Tula Pink. I LOVE her fabric. I ordered two bundles

https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponli...aa3e6-34177669
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

That is a really good deal!

Comment

sorry about the double post
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Claire Hallman; November 19th, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Here they are IMG_1089.JPG. If you click on the picture twice the will right themselves.
                  I did also finish the panel from last year and gave it away without taking a picture, sorry.
                  I started working on the velvet panels for DS and only got the lengths cut and the hems turned up. I have about 10 spools of red thread but not a one works with the velvet. I will get some tomorrow and get them going.

Comment

That's a great deal on Tula Pink's fabrics. I'm so tempted, but I really need to use from my stash. Sigh.

Comment

Love the trees! And yes you are right they look better straight uo than sidewise thanks for the tip to make them show up correctly. Are you selling these at craft show or are they for gifts? They would look so nice on a table. I see them surrounded by plates of Christmas cookies.

Comment

Your trees are so cute. It would add to everyone's decor.

I pieced the back of the Grand Adventure (Misty mountains) quilt top. I also made the binding for 2 other queen size tops. I rented a long arm this Thursday & Friday, and I hope I'm feeling well enough to power through 2 queen size tops. One was a birthday request in May from my GS. The LQS is over an hour away and I don't do well getting up early n

Last night I pulled the bin with scraps from the Jaybird Boomerang quilt I finished this year. The fabrics are Kona cotton in the lagoon collection and Grunge dots. I am cutting 3 1/2" & 4 1/2" triangles and 2 1/2" squares. They will be ready for a small project this winter. I plan to go through other scraps and cut to usable sizes when I feel antsy but don't want to sew. I've spent spare hours just sorting through fabrics.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                          Love the trees! And yes you are right they look better straight uo than sidewise thanks for the tip to make them show up correctly. Are you selling these at craft show or are they for gifts? They would look so nice on a table. I see them surrounded by plates of Christmas cookies.
                          They are gifts for my luncheon group and a couple of neighbors.
                          If I had thought about them sitting on a table it would have saved sewing the pearls along the bottom edges. Dumb of me, haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X